David Feherty Leaves Cobra

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumor has it that David Feherty has parted ways with Cobra Golf and signed with a Japanese manufacturer. While details of this deal, and who the signing is with will not be divulged until later this month, rumors are running rampant. THP will have the official release on the signing when it gets announced.
In the meantime, speculate away. :act-up:

Hmmm. I assume Srixon or Bridgestone

What's he going to call a hybrid now?

Another loss for Cobra. Though Feherty hasn't hit a meaningful golf shot in a long time, he could arguably have been their biggest name.

Srixon would be my guess

Hmmm. I assume Srixon or Bridgestone

What's he going to call a hybrid now?
That's a good guess, Hawk. I agree, I think it's Srixon/Bridgestone.

I guess he didnt like the Amp irons either. :D

Miyura? Fourteen? Yonex?

My guess would be Fourteen or Yonex. Fourteen only because they just made a pretty big signing and I would not be surprised if they were trying to make a push.

• Admin
The list is really longer than people think.

Srixon
Bridgestone
Mizuno

Are the big 3.

Muira??????? They're Japanese right? Lol. Aye, I think he is funny enough and I like him.

I think with the publicity he gets with his new show there would be plenty of companies that would be happy to have him as part of their team

Why is he sponsored by anybody? He does not play at all. I love Feherty and really enjoy listening to him announce golf but I don't understand why a club company would sponsor a non player. On another note is Cobra going to be able to keep up with the other companies when it comes to it's athletes? Other than IJP they aren't holding a ton of household names.

Why is he sponsored by anybody? He does not play at all. I love Feherty and really enjoy listening to him announce golf but I don't understand why a club company would sponsor a non player. On another note is Cobra going to be able to keep up with the other companies when it comes to it's athletes? Other than IJP they aren't holding a ton of household names.

he's a big name. Think how many clubs he sold by calling a hybrid a baffler

I would guess Mizuno. They seem to be slightly ramping up their sponsorships in NA. Just from watching the tour here and reading magazines, I have noticed their ads and brand popping up more and more.

The Fowler signing is becoming official now, so that helps.

But I think Feherty is a huge name in the sport. Would it shock you if I told you that Arnold Palmer was still one of the highest paid golfers sponsorship wise right now? He is actually and by a large margin. Feherty is well known, does commentary, has his own show, etc. That is a lot of tv time and definitely more so than the average player in my opinion.

The first thing that popped into my mind was Mizuno, but Bridgestone and Srixon are really good guesses too.

But I think Feherty is a huge name in the sport. Would it shock you if I told you that Arnold Palmer was still one of the highest paid golfers sponsorship wise right now? He is actually and by a large margin. Feherty is well known, does commentary, has his own show, etc. That is a lot of tv time and definitely more so than the average player in my opinion.

Great stuff here, I really didn't know that about Arnie, yet its not surprising when ya think about it.

Feherty is a loss no matter how you shake it, I'd love to see him end up with B'Stone myself.

Very interesting, he definitely brought attention to Cobra via his humor and wittiness. Loss for Cobra on this deal in my perspective.

Names and faces sell clubs, they don't need to be playing I guess.

I'd hazard a guess at Bridgestone. I don't think he quite fits with Mizuno, unless they're trying to capture a new image.

The more I ponder the more I think it's Bridgestone. What a great fit for them if that's the case. He could have some MC'ers on his show.

The more I ponder the more I think it's Bridgestone. What a great fit for them if that's the case. He could have some MC'ers on his show.

From this day forward, all players will be hitting "Spin Killer" off the tee.

Now THAT would be cool.

This actually doesn't surprise me....I could see him pretty much naming his own price for a sponsorship deal. A company (in this case Callaway) doesn't mind paying a premium to say they sponsor on of th greatest golfers ever. Especially with his loyal following.

Back on topic....I'd love to see BStone hire him. the commercials they could do with him and Freddy, Trevino, DL3, etc would be hysterical

I get what you're saying JB and agree, he is a huge name and face in the game. I have also read that Arnie is still a huge "player" in the game as well but I just don't see why club companies would be offering contracts to guys, who like one member said, hasn't hit a meaningful shot in years. I could see if a watch company or car company wanted him to be the face of their new campaign but a club company doesn't make that much sense to me. Like you said about TV time and seeing him everywhere, it's not like he is wearing a Cobra hat like a tour player and aside from his TV commercials with Cobra I bet there is a large group of people that watch golf that had no idea he was sponsored at all.

I hope he goes with Bridgestone. I think they have an awesome product that is under played.

I get what you're saying JB and agree, he is a huge name and face in the game. I have also read that Arnie is still a huge "player" in the game as well but I just don't see why club companies would be offering contracts to guys, who like one member said, hasn't hit a meaningful shot in years. I could see if a watch company or car company wanted him to be the face of their new campaign but a club company doesn't make that much sense to me. Like you said about TV time and seeing him everywhere, it's not like he is wearing a Cobra hat like a tour player and aside from his TV commercials with Cobra I bet there is a large group of people that watch golf that had no idea he was sponsored at all.

I think that is just it. He can be a face of a campaign and has his own tv show as a vehicle and a voice weekly to showcase that. I mean lets face it, who do you see more on tv, Feherty or any guy ranked below 50 on TV?

I think you (company) get a huge ROI on guys like this.

When mentioning the big 3 of Srixon, Bridgestone, and Mizuno I think it would be a brilliant move for all 3.

Srixon - After gaining GMac last year this would be another great addition to the stable.
Bridgestone - Fred Couples, Lee Trevino, Davis Love III, Marcawesome and now Feherty! Good lord that's a strong lineup
Mizuno - #1 golfer in the world and now 1 of the top voices in golf. That would make them hard to overlook

I think I like Bridgestone or Srixon the best here. I can't wait to see who it is

Back