Tiger starts 2012 PGA Tour at Pebble Beach

bahester

Follow me: @bahester
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.6
"Tiger Woods announced on his website Monday that he will make his PGA Tour season debut at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, which is scheduled for Feb. 9-12."

Obviously a place he likes, I'm glad to see him come back to PB and a familiar place to start the 2012 season.

I believe that he needs to play alot more events than he has in the past few years and this is a good start.

It will be good to see him in an event that he hasn't played in a while. I hope he does this a few more times this year, though I am not overly optimistic about that.

"Tiger Woods announced on his website Monday that he will make his PGA Tour season debut at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, which is scheduled for Feb. 9-12."

Obviously a place he likes, I'm glad to see him come back to PB and a familiar place to start the 2012 season.

Happy to hear that we don't have to wait too long for his debut. I really hope he plays more tournaments this year.

Is he plotting a path through 2012 only playing places he knows he can win?

No idea, but it seems like he thinks he can win anywhere during any week, so that doesn't seem to be the case to me.

He always tends to do well at Pebble Beach. It's probably a good choice for him. It will be interesting to see if the momentum from Austrailia carries over after such a long layoff.

hope he doesn't base those courses on the last 2 years :beat-up:

No idea, but it seems like he thinks he can win anywhere during any week, so that doesn't seem to be the case to me.

I always thought he planned his schedule very deliberately, on courses he knew suited his game, and at a pace which meant he wasn't playing too much. Obviously his privilege, given the success.

Should be a good course for him to contend like always. One question I have is what celebrity will be paired with him? That will be interesting wonder if he will get to hand pick who he is with.

I think this is great news for the PGA Tour and the Pebble Beach Pro-am. When I read this this morning on Facebook, I was a little shocked. I'm hoping Tiger comes out to some other venues that he doesn't usually attend.

I always thought he planned his schedule very deliberately, on courses he knew suited his game, and at a pace which meant he wasn't playing too much. Obviously his privilege, given the success.

Agreed, but I think he realizes this year he really needs to play more to keep his game up, so I just don't feel like he's going to be as picky from this point forward.

Should be a good course for him to contend like always. One question I have is what celebrity will be paired with him? That will be interesting wonder if he will get to hand pick who he is with.

Great question!! Should be interesting, I hope it's someone who can bring him out of his shell a little.

Agreed, but I think he realizes this year he really needs to play more to keep his game up, so I just don't feel like he's going to be as picky from this point forward.

I hope you're right. I'd love to see him play more 'regular' events, on an array of courses.

I think reason as to why he's playing here is because he isn't playing in San Diego, but instead over in Abu Dhabi earlier in the year. I'm not going to look at it as Tiger has changed, he's going to give smaller tournaments a chance now.

I guess if your gonna pick somewhere might as well be somewhere you like.

Makes perfect scence, a relaxed atmosphere, he'll bring his best friend Jerry Chang and he know the course. Plus coming from Dubai won't be that bad. Good for TW, I'm expecting a big year out of him.

Any guesses on playing partner? Tony Romo?

That would be a hell of a pairing and increase his usual gallery size by a few people!
Any guesses on playing partner? Tony Romo?

Jordan?

Tapatalk

Tiger needs to get paired with Aaron Rodgers. That way some of Rodgers' awesomeness can rub off onto Tiger. Becaues Aaron Rodgers is awesome.

Ben Rothlisburger would be an interesting partner for him

I am answering /\ with \/

I don't like Tiger, but I do like good golf and Tiger can provide that. While I am not a fan, I do like seeing him play and play well.

Back