99srxman

@srxman STAY LEFT!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
24ish
So 2 weeks ago got pulled over for speeding $200.00 4 pts. question is should i hire one of these taffic attoneys or are they like most and just want your $$$$ other wise i have a clean record and was going to fight it on my own. But was thinking maybe they could get a better deal. Any one had to deal with this????And yes guilty as charged just want it reduced..

I would go and get it reduced yourself. Much easier and cheaper.

Get the attorney. It's worth the cash. You don't have to go to court. Nothing on your record. It's well worth it. 4 points is a major hit. Stays on there for 3 years.

So 2 weeks ago got pulled over for speeding $200.00 4 pts. question is should i hire one of these taffic attoneys or are they like most and just want your $$$$ other wise i have a clean record and was going to fight it on my own. But was thinking maybe they could get a better deal. Any one had to deal with this????And yes guilty as charged just want it reduced..

Never fought one myself, but know a lot of people who have. Was it local? Reason I ask is a friend of mine got one in a Missouri county that don't have a sense of humor. They tried to fight it and the judge got pissed enough to really rack the guy.

I guess I'm old school. Unless the attorney fee is free, I'd just pay the piper.

Don't bother with the attorney, if your driving record is clean just ask to have adjudication withheld. You will still pay the fine but no pionts on your license so insurance won't go up.

You have to fight it. They knock it down to a broken speedometer and you are good. They get their money for the ticket and you lose your cash for the attorney fee. If it's a major ticket and they say you have to go to traffic school to get it taken care of, that's worth it. My insurance went up like 200 / year x 3 years.

I guess I'm old school. Unless the attorney fee is free, I'd just pay the piper.

Local state patrol 80 in a 65 cop even said just go to go they will reduce it but thinking a lawyer could get a better deal i will call a few on mon. to see what they say???

I have no experience with this, but for those that said to get the attorney, how are they cheaper than $200?

You would like for them to change it to non moving violation.

Local state patrol 80 in a 65 cop even said just go to go they will reduce it but thinking a lawyer could get a better deal i will call a few on mon. to see what they say???

I have no experience with this, but for those that said to get the attorney, how are they cheaper than $200?
That's $200 (or whatever) a year, plus it's on your record.

What they do around here is reduce it to a parking ticket and double the fine of the original ticket. You can do it yourself, but you got better odds when a lawyer does it.

It's all a big system to screw you over basically. The gov gets their money and the lawyers make some as well. But it doesn't show up on your record and your insurance won't go up.

That's $200 (or whatever) a year, plus it's on your record.

What they do around here is reduce it to a parking ticket and double the fine of the original ticket. You can do it yourself, but you got better odds when a lawyer does it.

I'd just call the DA and ask for some type of plea, they don't want to go to court for a traffic ticket anymore than you do. Most states have a failure to obey a traffic control device or something like it. I personally know it's what NY uses as a plea for speeding tickets, ha.

It's all a big system to screw you over basically. The gov gets their money and the lawyers make some as well. But it doesn't show up on your record and your insurance won't go up.

Well, yes and no. I agree that it is a big system and it can be a pain in the you know what, but at the same time, if the law is not broken, none of this happens.

All they want is bucks. Just draw it out, and get it reduced. The points arent worth it, the attorneys arent worth it if your record is clean. The only time attorneys are worth it is if youre getting close to losin your license.

I was pulled over twice in a week a month or so ago. Luckily I was wearing my shorty bathrobe, Crocs with socs, and 50 pounds of gold chains. They let me go with a warning both times.

Kevin

True. But the back of the courthouse dealings over the tickets are quite amusing and interesting. In my circumstance if I had brought an attorney I would have been given the option to break a different law and not get points, however since I went myself I had to stick with my original infraction.

Well, yes and no. I agree that it is a big system and it can be a pain in the you know what, but at the same time, if the law is not broken, none of this happens.

I bet they weren't at the side of the car for more than a second before they made that decision.

I was pulled over twice in a week a month or so ago. Luckily I was wearing my shorty bathrobe, Crocs with socs, and 50 pounds of gold chains. They let me go with a warning both times.

Kevin

Not sure how it is done in your state but I have had a couple here in Missouri. I fax it to our attorney with a copy of my driving record. They communicate w/the court and get it reduced to a non-moving violation. They mail me a copy of the amended ticket, I write a check for it and mail it in. Kind of a scam given the fact that I broke the law and all we did was technically send in some paperwork and it was amended.

Best thing about a lawyer is they usually know the judge, if there any good.

Every court system is different. Locally, for a simple speeding ticket, an attorney will not do you any good. Just go before the judge and tell them you made a mistake, you are sorry, you have a clean record, and ask that no points be assessed.

"Fighting" a speeding ticket and winning is highly unlikely. If the officer who wrote you a ticket has his stuff in order. The judge will rule against you, you will pay the fine, get the points, and pay the court costs.

Ask for the adjudication and tell the judge you would rather do community service rather than pay the ticket. I just recently got a ticket for going 54 in a 35 and my friends are telling me this is the way to do it.

Were you speeding? Why were you speeding? If it wasn't for a good reason, take the punishment given and pay the ticket and behave for 3 years. Not tough.

Umm... you did say guilty as charged. I would just pay the ticket.

I'm an attorney, and I recommend an attorney. Points suck. Period. In Houston, TX, attorney's for a ticket are not expensive. $50-70. More than likely, it'll be outright dismissed. Other options, defensive driving/deferred. The fees for both options are greater than what you end up paying total if you use an attorney.

Back