5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

It's pretty awesome. I, at one time, actually owned a pair of size 44 dress pants.

I'm still not 100% used to going shopping and being able to buy just about whatever I want, haha.

I hear ya, I was up to 40's last year before losing weight. The fun part is going to the store and I can wear Large shirts and polo's now, I didn't do that in HS.

Yep. It's fun. I'd say every nice shirt I own and regularly wear is either a L or in a few instances an XL.

I put on a XXL hoodie the other day to do some work in and felt like I was swimming in it.

I'm proud to say that I fit into a pair of size 36 pants today for the first time in..

..well..a long time. Probably since I was about 12.

I would say that is cause for a party!:blob::clapp::golf2::guitar:, Great job !!!

Unlike most in this group, I'm like you and trying to get my weight back up at this point. Dropped from somewhere around 250 or so to 205 and now I'm working my way back up to my goal weight of about 215-220. I am eating much cleaner and it's paid off tremendously. Now I've upped my protein to about 1 gram/lb of body weight and am gaining lean mass back. I've been lucky enough to keep my strength even while cutting by keeping protein high and doing heavy weights in my sets.

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but I have an app on my iPhone that is called My Fitness Pal. It is a great way to log what you eat to make sure you are hitting the calorie goal that you want. It also lets you set goals for your macro levels, meaning that you can also track how you are doing with your protein intake, carb intake, etc. I haven't tried adding my exercise into it, but it's been a great tool as far as keeping track of my calories and nutrient intake.
I have that app and its awesome. Well I haven't posted in this thread in a long time so its starting from scratch really so lets give the back story.

When in high school and University I was a basketball player and as such was in great shape combined with whatever workout routines were given to me by coachs at various levels. I'm 6' 3" and when in shape am normally about 210 pounds (at least when I was 20 this was the case). Fast forward now and I'm 30 with a wife, a kid and a job and I hadn't been to the gym since my son was born, and I used to love the gym.

I put on a bunch of weight when my wife was preggers and for the first year of my sons life, and I lost a lot of it about a year and a half ago, but I had also taken up smoking (long story) which I then quit and I put back on all the weight that I had lost. This brings us to present day. I am now back at the gym 5 days a week for the past 2 weeks and I feel great being back there and I forgot how much I missed it. I am currently sitting at 248 pounds (or I was when I weighed myself on that first day back at the gym) but that is going to change quickly.

So the goals are:
- Get the weight back down to 210
- Get back the lean muscle mass that I once had.
- Get into much better golf shape for the Morgan Cup
- Eat much better.

I've put together a workout plan that is similar to some of the basketball training I once did but with some changes to make it more golf specific, and adding in a lot more cardio as my cardio used to be simply basketball practice.

I've also joined a Men's basketball league here and I look forward to playing basketball again. It is and always will be my favorite sport and first love so being back on the court has felt great except that I can't really do anything anymore but that will soon change. I will use this thread to update my progress and to keep me honest in my goals.

Great start CB! Man you are headed in the right direction and I will be rooting you on. 248 lbs huh :bulgy-eyes:.. Good Lord buddy that is a chunk of weight and I never figured you for being that heavy. You WILL get it done and you WILL feel a ton better and be in fighting shape for the Morgan Cup :clapp:

Great start CB! Man you are headed in the right direction and I will be rooting you on. 248 lbs huh :bulgy-eyes:.. Good Lord buddy that is a chunk of weight and I never figured you for being that heavy. You WILL get it done and you WILL feel a ton better and be in fighting shape for the Morgan Cup :clapp:
Its really only 40 lbs Gray and I don't look like i've put on that much weight cause I have a large frame that hides it well but its there.

Its really only 40 lbs Gray and I don't look like i've put on that much weight cause I have a large frame that hides it well but its there.

That might be true buddy but if you took four 10 lb bags of sugar and held them in front of you, it would look and feel like a lot more.

That might be true buddy but if you took four 10 lb bags of sugar and held them in front of you, it would look and feel like a lot more.
I'm trying to make myself feel better Gray and you're not helping with your logic about how chuby I've gotten lol

I'm trying to make myself feel better Gray and you're not helping with your logic about how chuby I've gotten lol

haha you just keep doing what you are doing buddy and you will be a lean mean fighting machine! :deadhorse:

If it helps go to old navy. They run larger. I am about a 39 now. 36 us my goal also.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

August of last last year I weighed 208 lbs. not that heavy as I'm just a hair short of 6'1". I haven't been working out any extra. Just what the Army makes me do. However, just cleaning up my diet alone dropped me down to 179 as of the end of December.
It's helped me pick up some distance on all of my clubs and I feel a whole lot more energetic. I just wonder how much it would help if I started hitting the gym regularly and putting on some actual lean mass. Maybe back up to 190 but muscle this time instead of chub... Might help with this $h!tty immune system I've had lately too. Working in a hospital around sick people who don't feel the need to maintain their personal hygiene will really build up your immune system. But only so far until it breaks and you start coming down with something different like every week!

Some great stories and updates in here over the past week!! Here is my weekly update.

Still working out 5x/week minimum (4 days are weights) and packing away the protein in hopes to getting up to 160. Want muscle & definition, not fat.

1/1 - 148.8 pounds
1/8 - 147.0 pounds
1/17 - 150.8 pounds
1/23 - 152.2 pounds

No missed days of workouts and walked 18 each of the last 2 days.

Some great stories and updates in here over the past week!! Here is my weekly update.

Still working out 5x/week minimum (4 days are weights) and packing away the protein in hopes to getting up to 160. Want muscle & definition, not fat.

1/1 - 148.8 pounds
1/8 - 147.0 pounds
1/17 - 150.8 pounds
1/23 - 152.2 pounds

No missed days of workouts and walked 18 each of the last 2 days.

Those are great gains. I'm still struggling to get my weight up while eating clean. I am currently 203 with a goal to be about 215. Eating 2800 calories/day with a mix of 40% carb / 30% protein / 30% fat. I've gone from roughly 207 last week to 203 today, so I think I need to up the calories to somewhere around 3200 to see small gains creep back in. Going to start that today and see how it works.

Those are great gains. I'm still struggling to get my weight up while eating clean. I am currently 203 with a goal to be about 215. Eating 2800 calories/day with a mix of 40% carb / 30% protein / 30% fat. I've gone from roughly 207 last week to 203 today, so I think I need to up the calories to somewhere around 3200 to see small gains creep back in. Going to start that today and see how it works.

I will be honest, I am not even counting calories. Just eating clean but quite a bit of chicken, tuna, and eggs. Also have at least 100 grams of protein per day (65 coming from protein shakes).

I would typically be concerned about putting on bad pounds but I can tell visually that I am putting on muscle. Darn good feeling.

I will be honest, I am not even counting calories. Just eating clean but quite a bit of chicken, tuna, and eggs. Also have at least 100 grams of protein per day (65 coming from protein shakes).

I would typically be concerned about putting on bad pounds but I can tell visually that I am putting on muscle. Darn good feeling.

Not a bad gain there Cookie. Almost 5lbs of muscle in a month is impressive.

I really like what you are doing cookie. Keep up the great work buddy! You will be kicking some serious butt in the hot July heat this year. Watch out MC'ers, as Cookie ain't playing around:thumb:

I've cut most simple sugars (all types of candy, coke, etc) and most saturated fats from my diet. I eat clean somewhere around 90-95% of the time so I'm not too concerned about gaining bad weight. I'm getting about 210 grams/protein per day so I'm maintaining my muscle mass for the most part but I'd really like to gain more overall. I know that bulking requires the gaining of some fat too, but I am hoping that a clean bulk can minimize that.

202.2 this morning.

Going to make the push to be sub 200 next Monday. It shall be done.

Not a bad gain there Cookie. Almost 5lbs of muscle in a month is impressive.

Thanks man! Will see how the effort continues. Going from vegan to this overnight has made it VERY easy for me to gain weight considering how few calories I am eating.

I really like what you are doing cookie. Keep up the great work buddy! You will be kicking some serious butt in the hot July heat this year. Watch out MC'ers, as Cookie ain't playing around:thumb:

Thanks - gotta look good on Friday while wearing pink. :D

I've cut most simple sugars (all types of candy, coke, etc) and most saturated fats from my diet. I eat clean somewhere around 90-95% of the time so I'm not too concerned about gaining bad weight. I'm getting about 210 grams/protein per day so I'm maintaining my muscle mass for the most part but I'd really like to gain more overall. I know that bulking requires the gaining of some fat too, but I am hoping that a clean bulk can minimize that.

Sounds like a good plan, I am just lucky coming from vegan so I basically did not eat any sweets so there was nothing to cut. We don't have candy, chocolate, ice cream, etc even around the house and we rarely eat out.

That's a ton of protein man - nice job!!

Cutting sugar type products is next on my list. I really feel like the white stuff is holding my weight loss back. Being 61 is not a crutch with the old metabolism crap and I think anyone who eats a good diet, can loose however much weight they want. Now with you guys wanting to gain weight, I presume it's not as much a challenge or maybe it is?

Wild week for me and my workout time suffered for it. Had a business training in Phoenix Tuesday - Thursday, but got straded there for an extra day due to snow in Seattle. Got home around midnight Friday night, and Saturday was my wife's birthday, so we were busy. Last (real) workout was Monday, but I did some little stuff while I was gone. Good news is that I weighed in this morning at 249 and am ready to get back to working out. 20 lbs down, 9 to go!

Had a great day. Big personal victory. Put myself on the treadmill and just decided to jog. Did a 5k. No stopping. No changes. Just a nice steady pace. I usually do a few miles then some interval or hills to finish out the time/distance. Feeling good. Helps to justify the Christmas purchase of the treadmill.

I'm pushing myself to lose some weight before the season. I'm the biggest I've ever been right now and not happy with that. Gonna push for as much as I can lose by may. Not really sure what's reasonable for that, but I'm thinking 20 pounds to push for, but anything I can do will be good.

I have lost 30 pounds and quit smoking all since the first of December!!

Is it bad that right now I want to roll up some turkey and smoke it!! LOL

I have lost 30 pounds and quit smoking all since the first of December!!

Is it bad that right now I want to roll up some turkey and smoke it!! LOL

Dude, that's a beastly couple of months. Very impressive.

Smoked turkey sounds wonderful.

Back