Official Hole In One Thread

Love it! Congrats to your son Tigersfan!!!

Wow congrats to your son dude! That's awesome!

7 year old son made a hole in one yesterday....

Towne Lake Hills GC
Woodstock GA

125 yards...he hit a 3 wood

Be sure to tell him how proud (and jealous) all of us here at THP are :D. I know you are one proud poppa.

That is so cool! Cokes for everybody!

WOW - that's crazy Tigerfansince72!! Tell him congrats for us!

WOW, a Hole in One at 7!...course with the scores he is posting sounds like he could beat most of us...LOL

Tell him Congrats from all of us!

7???

That's so awesome. Course looks really nice as well.

Sounds like the young man has some game!

I got my first and only HIO this past year a few days after my birthday, my birthday is on Aug 4th, i was playing Aug 11th trying to squeeze in a round before i got dark at Flanders Valley Golf Course in Flanders, NJ. I got paired up with a kid who'd only been playin for 9 months. I had already played my front 9 on the white set of 9 holes, at 1 over, and was trying to squeeze in a final 9 on the red course when i got paired up with Rob Romano, the 15 year old high school kid givin golf a 'whirl'. we get to the 5th hole on the red course (my 14th), a cozy little 149 yard par 3 with a deep bunker front left with a slope on front left and right that funnels to the front of the green. the pin was 5 paces off the left just beyond the bunker and about 10 paces off the front. I hit a baby cut (on accident, wanted to hit a draw) that hit just beyond the bunker, hopped 5 feet forward and spun back and right into the hole. Rob looked at me, stunned (as much as i was) and said, "so is that your first one this year?"...this year? THIS YEAR?! how bout ever...! anyway, i had to sprint the last 4 holes to get in my 18 and shot a +1 73 as they were closing the clubhouse.

http://www.nationalholeinoneregistry.com/showhio.php?id=18362

Congrats Paul - neat story!!

Just caught up on this thread. Some awesome stories here. Love reading them and congrats to everyone. But getting one at the age of seven? Wow that's awesome. Hope it's a sign of things to come for the young fella.

I got my first and only HIO this past year a few days after my birthday, my birthday is on Aug 4th, i was playing Aug 11th trying to squeeze in a round before i got dark at Flanders Valley Golf Course in Flanders, NJ. I got paired up with a kid who'd only been playin for 9 months. I had already played my front 9 on the white set of 9 holes, at 1 over, and was trying to squeeze in a final 9 on the red course when i got paired up with Rob Romano, the 15 year old high school kid givin golf a 'whirl'. we get to the 5th hole on the red course (my 14th), a cozy little 149 yard par 3 with a deep bunker front left with a slope on front left and right that funnels to the front of the green. the pin was 5 paces off the left just beyond the bunker and about 10 paces off the front. I hit a baby cut (on accident, wanted to hit a draw) that hit just beyond the bunker, hopped 5 feet forward and spun back and right into the hole. Rob looked at me, stunned (as much as i was) and said, "so is that your first one this year?"...this year? THIS YEAR?! how bout ever...! anyway, i had to sprint the last 4 holes to get in my 18 and shot a +1 73 as they were closing the clubhouse.

http://www.nationalholeinoneregistry.com/showhio.php?id=18362

Hehe, so you don't do one once a year atleast? ;)

But congrats!!

My aim is to do another one this year ;) But well see how it pans out lol!

Taptaptap!

When I was younger a couple friends of mine skipped school towards the summer and one got an Ace and he could not tell anybody as he'd have been caught skipping school haha

Congrats Gioguy!

I've yet to hit an ace myself. Did however have the pleasure of seeing Garcia and Lara's on 12th at the HSBC Golf Champs in Abu Dhabi. Lawrie got one as well if I'm not mistaken. Also saw Manassero put one on the lip of the cup on the 5th. These guys are just scary! Was really an eye-opener for me to see the pro's rip it up.

My only hole in one was kinda funny. We were playing in an outing and the first guy up on the hole hit a beautiful shot that rolled about 3 or 4 feet right under the cup. I was next up, and complained to the guy jokingly, "man you blocked the hole. Now I have to hit it beyond the hole and suck it back in"! Incredibly, my ball landed about a foot beyond the hole, took one hop and sucked right back in! We all just looked at one another, dumbfounded, and then had a good laugh. Unfortuneately, the laugh was on me becuase it was the only par 3 on the course that day that did't have a car as a prize for a hole in one. :at-wits-end:

Gratz to your son on his first hio. Go to http://207.191.53.165/holeinoneawards/ and register the hio for him. They will email a Certification for him. They are www.NationalHoleInOneInsurance.com

7 year old son made a hole in one yesterday....

Towne Lake Hills GC
Woodstock GA

125 yards...he hit a 3 wood
MJ Hole in One.png

I have two HIO Stories, The first is very embarrassing and the second only took 40 years to do it.

A friend, who I was teaching to play the game score an Ace on his second day out on the second hole, A 132 yard hole. For over a month I had him on a driving range. I let him a set of club to so we could play around with his father in law the first day. After the round he want to Golfsmith and ordered clubs. When we want to pick them up the next day and play a round by ownselves, he found that he left him wallet at the in-laws house. We were in a rush, So I let him the $3000. Guess what he get a hio with the clubs I PURCHASED!!! LOL

I was playing around at a Sand Barrens Golf Club on 12/09/11. It was the 14th Hole 322 yard hole. I hit a shot just over the bunker to the fairway. when we got to the spot. We could not find the ball. I Know it was in the fairway, but could not find it. So I droped a ball and chipped it with in 1 foot of the hole from 65 yards out. One of the other guys walked up to the hole to mark my ball, because I was still in the fairway waiting for my cart buddy and thier friend to chip up. Will when he get to the hole there was a Ball in the hole. When he pulled it out? There was my name on the ball!!! My first HIO and only took 40 years to get one, But have been close a few time. The luck club was my Calloway Drive, a Calloway HX ball and Calloway was writen Tee.

I have two HIO stories also!

It was September 2008 and my Mom and Dad had come down from Indiana to visit so my Dad and I went to Carolina Lakes to play a round of golf. I had been playing pretty decent when we get to the 6th hole which plays at 140 from the white tees. It was playing a little longer that day and the hole is about 10-20 feet higher than the tee box and you have to hit over a reveene with a creek running through it. The green is protected by a bunker on the front left and there is a hill behind the green with a big old tree growing there. Well I tee up with my 6 iron since I don't want to hit it short. When I hit the ball it is a nice high shot heading towards the left center of the green and the pin is middle right. I hit it pretty well and it land on the back of the green and starts going up the hill in the back and the backspin kicks in once it gets to the top and starts rolling back down on to the green and towards the hole!! I am thinking great it should stop pretty close so I will have an easy birdie put. Well it keeps going and my Dad and I are talking to the ball and then when it gets close to the hole it just disappears!! My Dad and I just look at each other is disbelief and asking whether it went in or not? So once he hits we drive up to the green and sure enough there it was sitting in the hole!!! I made it with a Nike Ignite golf ball and ended up shooting an 88 that day!!! I was really happy that I was able to make my first HIO with my Dad watching!!

My second HIO happened about 3 years later in June 2011. My boss was having a little golfing get together at the golf course in his gated community he lives in(Gates Four CC). They had just spent the last year refurbishing the course and it had just recently opened back up. There was a group of 6 of us all playing together. The course wasn't busy so we weren't holding anybody up!! We were all playing and just having a good time and talking smack to each other. We get to the 7th hole which is a 151 yd par 3 which is pretty flat but has some bunkers guarding the green. When it was my turn to hit I grab my 7 iron and hit a good looking shot headed at the pin and it hits the green bounces twice and then disappears and my boss says "I think it went in!!!" I was thinking no way because it was hard to see the hole from where we were at. Then everyone else starts thinking the same thing, so one guy is like "I got to see if this went in or not" so he jumps in the cart and hauls it up to the green, gets on the green and throws both his hands in the air confirming I made it and then everyone starts high fiveing each other!!!!! The guy ended up bringing the ball back with him so I wasn't able to see it in the cup which was kind of disappointing but oh well. I think everyone was more excited than I was about it!!! I hit with a Titleist ProV1 and shot 89 that day!!!!

October 23, 2011. Claremont Country Club, Oakland, CA

Pre-kids, maybe 8 or 9 years ago, I took lessens and was reasonably respectable. Got down to a 13. Today everything goes way left. It is almost impossible to emphasize how horrible a total hacker I am. I play about twice a year. Anyway, I went down to the Bay Area for a Cal game and my best friend hosted me at his CC. We get to 13 - "The Devil" - which is posted as 223 but was playing to about 235 that day. The hole is named that way for a reason. A big tree about 2/3 of the way down the fairway on the left. The adjacent fairway on that side of the fairway is elevated about 20 feet. At the hole there's a bunker behind and right. The fairway to the right is maybe 20 feet below. Basically trouble everywhere.

Our cadddie went ahead. I actually put a great swing on my 3h but lost the flight of the ball as it cleared the tree. I thought maybe I saw it bounce once but really couldn't tell. The caddie never saw it and my friend never saw it. We walked up the fairway. No ball. The caddie searched high and low on the left side fairway (a completely reasonable assumption). No ball. We walked back down the fairway thinking the ball got caught up in the tree. No ball. I looked back at the hole, saw the bunker behind and thought it had to be there, given how I smoked the ball. As I got to the green and was making my way to the bunker I thought "What the hell, look in the hole." And the most beautiful sight awaited me.

We jumped and screamed and people from nearby holes congratulated me. I bought shirts and drinks. It was awesome. A day I'll never forget. I have to laugh though - a once in a lifetime event and I didn't even get to see it :)

Maybe the best part - between a random trip to Bandon last summer (I was so bad people took pity on me and wouldn't even tease me about sucking) and this inconceivable achievement I've gotten back into the game. Started taking lessons again and have made great strides pretty quickly to eliminate the hook. I can't wait for the weather to improve so I can start getting out there again...and a return trip to Bandon in July.

February 2010, Grayson Woods par 3 course, 2nd hole, 120 yards, gap wedge, with a witness

That is so cool!

#2 Island Green at Meadows Farms in Locust Grove, VA. Par 3 at 137 yards w/ a punch 9 iron and a witness :bashful:

I have two. The first was at Hanging Rock GC in Seven devils, NC, while an undergrad. The course is now closed down. I rolled it up off the pin the week before in a tourney, put it in the hole the next time I played it! My second was on the Fazio Foothills course at Barton Creek. I remember it was 155 to the pin, wind in the face from left to right. Hit a seven iron, MP-58, landed about 4 inches outside the cup, went right in! I hit the ball so high, I have to pretty much jar it!

mine was during a large tourney, 185yd downhill 6iron into the wind. my group had jst came off the 13th green and there was a large crowd at the next t box, one of my group said "oh great now we have to t off in front of a crowd" one of them overheard and said they would move down the next hole, but i told them to sit down and that i played better if front of a crowd, (just bs) the first two in my group landed just off the green and then came the guy who didnt like people watching, he hit a great shot right at the pin and everyone was yelling go in! it just missed and rolled 8' past. i told him " thanks now i have to follow that" my shot was a beautiful little draw that half way there i said go in, it landed and released towards the hole - everyone was screaming and jumping up and down, (kids) and then it stopped and sat there. there was a big groan and then congrats and my group headed down the hill. just then a player from the group in front of us walked over to our green and looked in the hole, he started motioning down with his finger and yelled it was in the hole!! but i we could still see it... how??? i quickly turned around looking for someone to high five but no one within 20 yds-(talk about anti-climactic) turned out that the ball was sitting on top of the cup itself in the hole , and was held there by the flagstick because of the wind blowing towards us. it fell in before i got all the way there.

Great story here. Doing it in front of a big group and during a tournament is super special.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Wow, must have been really nice to do it infront of a crowd!

Back