292 for JB has me pondering this as well. Seems like a miracle worker. I like the Fubuki as well. Is this the real deal Fubuki?

Well, after all of the commentary in this thread followed by THP's outstanding coverage of the Nike Speed Trials from the PGA show and lastly followed by JB's on course experience with this driver today, I could no longer help myself.

Ordered the 9.5* w/stiff Fubuki 51 gram shaft. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this next week and providing some feedback in this thread. Coming from a 909 D2 with regular flex PL Blue 65 shaft, I think I am going to see quite the difference in feel and performance.

Cookie isnt playing around! Thats good because we will get some quick feedback from you. The whole VR line just looks sick.

After hitting the VR-S irons today, I HAVE to hit this driver. The irons were stupid long.

Just got back from taking a few swings with this club. Got some good things and some bad.

Lets start with the good things. I was hitting the 8.5* stiff fubuki 51 and let me just tell you the face on this is HOT! Man that ball just jumps off the face and gets going. Also the swing weight is great. Light but you can tell where the clubhead is at. Very solid in these fields.

Now the bad things (just in my opinion.) Head is still a little funky but not so bad it would make me not buy it. But what turns me off is the way the head looks so closed at address IMO. This caused me to fade the ball and even slice it pretty bad. I normally hit pretty straight or a nice baby draw. Just wasn't very appealing to me. This really was my only gripe about the club though.

All in all I think its a very solid club but just doesn't fit my eye well. Hope this helps.

Seriously. Tappin'.

292 for JB has me pondering this as well. Seems like a miracle worker. I like the Fubuki as well. Is this the real deal Fubuki?

No, modified for Nike. Softer in the mid section and the tip for more height. You could probably get somewhat close by chopping an inch off the tip. No idea how they new adapters are to get on or off if you even can (Cobra makes there's to melt on people for example. They in turn offer cheap, cheap shaft upgrades to make it worth your while to go through them).

Looking forward to how this treats you Cookie. If what JB was seeing today is any indication, this driver is a real winner. I'm Hawk pondering one for myself right now.

Well, after all of the commentary in this thread followed by THP's outstanding coverage of the Nike Speed Trials from the PGA show and lastly followed by JB's on course experience with this driver today, I could no longer help myself.

Ordered the 9.5* w/stiff Fubuki 51 gram shaft. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this next week and providing some feedback in this thread. Coming from a 909 D2 with regular flex PL Blue 65 shaft, I think I am going to see quite the difference in feel and performance.

Look, seeing a couple guys add 30 yds and JB smashing close to 3 bills...Nike got it right. Im betting these are longer than another club out there

You hit the fw or hybrids?? Sorry if I skimmed

No, modified for Nike. Softer in the mid section and the tip for more height. You could probably get somewhat close by chopping an inch off the tip. No idea how they new adapters are to get on or off if you even can (Cobra makes there's to melt on people for example. They in turn offer cheap, cheap shaft upgrades to make it worth your while to go through them).

Modified would probably work better for me anyway.

Taking this out again on Sunday and after today's round I am looking for more. After the last 7 days of testing another driver that did not perform well for me, this one was eye opening. I am looking forward to seeing if it was "honeymoon" or if it is as solid as it was before.

More coming soon.

I really liked this driver. I am not surprised that is was a performer.

I'm pondering a trip to Golfsmith tomorrow since the weather is going to suck and this driver is on my "must hit" list. I love the looks, but I'm not the biggest Fubuki fan. Sounds like this may be a mellower Fubuki and fit my swing well.

DD,
With your tempo (which is awe inspiring), this driver might be ridiculous.

With those numbers looks like a winner.

I'm pondering a trip to Golfsmith tomorrow since the weather is going to suck and this driver is on my "must hit" list. I love the looks, but I'm not the biggest Fubuki fan. Sounds like this may be a mellower Fubuki and fit my swing well.

I agree with JB dude, this could be a very good driver for you. I spent some time with it during lunch today at Golfsmith and was impressed even with bad swings. Im pondering it hard.

defintley going to hit this tomorrow. wasnt impressed with the new cobra stuff.. though i put a couple good swings on the amp hybrids

DD,
With your tempo (which is awe inspiring), this driver might be ridiculous.

I love the sound of that. I had a feeling I shouldn't have OEM'd the R11s so quickly last weekend.

I agree with JB dude, this could be a very good driver for you. I spent some time with it during lunch today at Golfsmith and was impressed even with bad swings. Im pondering it hard.

Nice, I'm going to go hit it tomorrow and take some trade bait just in case. How long before the ponder turns into an OEM?

I love the sound of that. I had a feeling I shouldn't have OEM'd the R11s so quickly last weekend.

Nice, I'm going to go hit it tomorrow and take some trade bait just in case. How long before the ponder turns into an OEM?

I had my backseat full of bait too. I may wait a few weeks to see if I can get my back a little better first.

Haha, you and Kmac are some club buying dudes. As of now the VRS line is my #1 ponder.

JB's feedback has me wondering what is wrong with me. I thought the VR-S had that awful old school Nike baseball bat sound. I'm wondering if I'm just off my rocker, or if maybe the one I hit at a demo day back in December was a preproduction model. I dunno, but it sounded awful to me.

JB's feedback has me wondering what is wrong with me. I thought the VR-S had that awful old school Nike baseball bat sound. I'm wondering if I'm just off my rocker, or if maybe the one I hit at a demo day back in December was a preproduction model. I dunno, but it sounded awful to me.

Hmmmm. I dont hear what you are hearing at all. In fact we tested these (I did the speed challenge) in November of this year and still did not hear anything like that or at the Nike party event of Speed Trials at the show. Could you have been slightly missing heel or toe on the shots to produce a more composite sound? The sound is not Callaway or TaylorMade as they are distinctly their own, however it certainly was not Nike/Cobra of yesteryear for me.

This is on my short list for demo day, I have no desire to replace the Cleveland Black, but you never know. Thanks for all of the great info.

I did not hear that at all. And I was hitting it inside at Golfsmith too. That usually makes drivers seem louder then they would outside too.

I did not hear that at all. And I was hitting it inside at Golfsmith too. That usually makes drivers seem louder then they would outside too.

Me either dude. Before I hit it last night I was real concerned about what the sound would be. Nothing annoying at all. Man have seen some good prices on these already. Wonder how easy it will be to get the new str8 fit adapters.

Umm, I'm at golfsmith now and a VRs will most likely be riding home with me. The 9.5* is giving me ideal launch conditions on the GC2 LM.

John Deere Tap'n...

Back