Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

Hawk I have to say how much you in particular have inspired me in this journey. I agree with playing with people better than yourself. Tough to find anyone better than me in Raleigh though

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy. I am glad I don't have your problem!

I like it Hawk. One of my dad's buddies was a PGA Professional. He is going to start joining us on our Monday rounds. He's a damn good golfer and he and I will be going head to head when we tee it up. It'll be fantastic prep work. I hit wedges down stairs for a while tonight too. I enjoy that. All I'm working on is ball first contact down there.

I love that idea. It can do nothing but make you better and give you a little more enjoyment from the challenge. I figure I'll try to challenge some guys to some match play. Likely, they'll whoop me good, but I figure to learn some things along the way. After a little GHIN stalking I found out one them is +2 and he's invited me to play his club any time with him. I really want to see how he plays. The best thing about all these kids is they have no egos. They are completely cool and willing to help.

As for the downstairs stuff, I think that's a highly underrated way to practice wedges.

Tired of all this rain, can't get to the range or anything....I need some range time!

Hope it clears up for you!

Awesome dude. Simply effin awesome!

Thanks man. I think we should meet up this spring or summer for a day of Team THP greatness :)

Great stuff Hawk, I love reading about all the hard work you are putting in.

Well I went to the heated driving range today. But it was closed. I guess I should have called first. I stopped and got a new hanger for my punching bag. Got it hung up. Then worked on 6' putts for about an hour. Then decided to see if I could chip onto my putting green. I had a square piece of carpet that I used to chip the ball off of. Only tried it for about 3 mins. More of a see if I can sort of thing. Well, I know I can. So, I can add that to my indoor practice. Tomorrow night is workout night.

Bummer about the range, Frog!

I hope that the chipping works out for you buddy.

Hawk with come colonelling in the prep thread...LOL

why does that look like colon when I spell it??

Hawk with come colonelling in the prep thread...LOL

why does that look like colon when I spell it??

Nice PSA Tim. Get your colon checked MC'ers!!

Got the day off tomorrow...and its supposed to be sunny and 45 degrees out! Can't wait to hit the course for some practice time! I will be headed to the heated range in the morning as I wait for it to warm up, and then I will be headed to the course for some short game practice and then 9 holes.

Good stuff 2D. Work on the fist pump as well. I think we are going to have a lot of those and we want them looking cool

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

You guys are working so hard. I have been living golf through you since I can't play right now and I'm cheering you on. I just might HAVE to come watch this action. It's going to be some good stuff!

Kelly, you really should come.

I'm making the jump. Ryan got back to me last night and after i get my airfare sqaured away for this and the outing today, I'll be signing up. 5 lesson package for a pretty good price I think. I'm so stoked. His goal is to get consistent so the swing shows up under pressure! Love it.

I will never lose my love for the way that Callaway helped the first Morgan Cup and its kinda funny Ill be using the CPC again to make it rain in Myrtle.

Sweet, Tmex. I know you like that dude, so this should great for you. I look forward to seeing some marcawesome rain.

Today will be the first range session with some tweaks and it is going to be interesting. I have downloaded all the videos of Cookie and will be working hard to have that swing since he informed me of how terrible mine was.

Actually today will be the first range session with some tweaks that were put in place. I am looking forward to it as nothing major was done, but anytime you change something it takes time. Playing tomorrow assuming the rain stays away and looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

Sweet, Tmex. I know you like that dude, so this should great for you. I look forward to seeing some marcawesome rain.

Sure did. It was comfortable but he didn't hold back. I appreciated the honesty and the way he works with students. We're gonna rock dude and this thread is one of my favorites to lurk and post in.

Today will be the first range session with some tweaks and it is going to be interesting. I have downloaded all the videos of Cookie and will be working hard to have that swing since he informed me of how terrible mine was.

Actually today will be the first range session with some tweaks that were put in place. I am looking forward to it as nothing major was done, but anytime you change something it takes time. Playing tomorrow assuming the rain stays away and looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

I'm excited to see what these tweaks are just becuase I'm curious haha. I've always admired the way you fling divots and pretty excited for you that you're gonna be getting even better.

You'll get the hang of it quickly I imagine.

Sure did. It was comfortable but he didn't hold back. I appreciated the honesty and the way he works with students. We're gonna rock dude and this thread is one of my favorites to lurk and post in.

It is a fun one to follow.

I'm excited to see what these tweaks are just becuase I'm curious haha. I've always admired the way you fling divots and pretty excited for you that you're gonna be getting even better.

Mostly in setup and early part of take away. Those were the two things holding me back evidently and the ironic part is that the swing coach and the LPGA player both noticed it instantly. My setup was causing stress in areas that was not needed and despite the fact that I was coming in square most of the time with good "action", my takeaway was a little quick to get up and too "armsy". By fixing both of those, my swing looks almost as good as Cookies and I will be the envy of the prom soon.

You'll get the hang of it quickly I imagine.

It is a fun one to follow.

Hope so.

Mostly in setup and early part of take away. Those were the two things holding me back evidently and the ironic part is that the swing coach and the LPGA player both noticed it instantly. My setup was causing stress in areas that was not needed and despite the fact that I was coming in square most of the time with good "action", my takeaway was a little quick to get up and too "armsy". By fixing both of those, my swing looks almost as good as Cookies and I will be the envy of the prom soon.

Hope so.

Thats awesome JB. I really want to see this. Even better for you these are things you can fix without overhauling anything. The bolded made me laugh.

:eek:fftopic: hidden trash talk does not go unnoticed. That is all.

:eek:fftopic: hidden trash talk does not go unnoticed. That is all.
Good news JB, I look forward to your update after you get back from the range. I'm going to go to my club today and ask them to remove scores and add some bad ones so I can be a legit 14 since thats how I play, and not a fake 10 like I am now. I hate being a liar so that should fix it up.

JB gonna be the Belle of the Ball with the new swing :laughing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prepared today by requesting off so I can come volunteer and help gg as much as possible

I have resumed putting in my living room. It really stinks living in a cold weather climate.

Back