Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3/24 is a good proposition Gray. All of these are good ideas.

3/24 is a good proposition Gray. All of these are good ideas.

Ok now we have a date (March 24th). I now propose that everyone who is planning on attending, send JT723 a PM, so we can get a solid count for tee times. JT and friends can choose the golf course as they have all the local knowledge.

Yes bring on the PM's everybody. I need a good head count.

This is my list as of now:

T0AD
SeeMoreGuy
DawgDaddy
Ole Gray
MaryC
ATLGolfer
Josh Ross (maybe)
Josh Ross Roomy (maybe)

If there is ANYONE even slightly interested in coming. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me before Saturday. That's when I going up to Echelon to talk to there people.

I'm really disappointed that I have to miss this. But, the 24th was a no-go for me. Hope to catch one next time.

T0AD
SeeMoreGuy
DawgDaddy
Ole Gray
MaryC
ATLGolfer
Josh Ross (maybe)
Josh Ross Roomy (maybe)

If there is ANYONE even slightly interested in coming. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me before Saturday. That's when I going up to Echelon to talk to there people.

PM sent

T0AD
SeeMoreGuy
DawgDaddy
Ole Gray
MaryC
ATLGolfer
Josh Ross (maybe)
Josh Ross Roomy (maybe)

Bumping this up for those who have not sent JT a pm to date.

Also I have to mention, Chewie is coming down to the goat track, for his first visit tomorrow morning! It should be interesting, to see him take down the infamous golf course with ease :bulgy-eyes:...lol

Also I have to mention, Chewie is coming down to the goat track, for his first visit tomorrow morning! It should be interesting, to see him take down the infamous golf course with ease :bulgy-eyes:...lol
I think he's going to ask, "that little patch of grass over there is the green?!"

I think he's going to ask, "that little patch of grass over there is the green?!"

haha that's for sure :D. I hope he brings his hip high rubber boots for the red Georgia clay:bulgy-eyes:! We had plenty of rain today so it will be a bit on the nasty side. No pretty white shoes allowed :nono:...

Looking forward to seeing you guys in the morning. I will be bringing the black shoes with me.

have fun guys

Chewie should be up and getting ready to head down to the Goat Patch :blob:. I got my GPS all charged up so he will know all the distances. Playing a new course is a challenge to say the least. Chewie is a good player and has been driving the ball with the new Cleveland Black very well. With that said, if he can break 90 the first round on the Goat Patch, I will be highly impressed! Oh by the way, we are getting a $400,000.00 dollar sprinkler system in April so we will have to call it the sheep pasture then :D...

In the truck and on my way. See you guys in 2 hrs.

Tappin' on my Blackberry

In the truck and on my way. See you guys in 2 hrs.

Tappin' on my Blackberry

Our foursome includes one of my buddies (Frank S.), who shot his career low round of 63 at Lake Jonesco. Now days he is my age (kinda old but not really) and can still bang it around in the low 70s.

Enjoy guys and hit them straight.

TapAhoy!

Bumping this up for those who have not sent JT a pm to date.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in the morning. I will be bringing the black shoes with me.

I hope chewie is planning to wear jeans, he will stand out like a sore thumb over there if he doesn't. lol

Wish I could have been there guys, I will be thinking about ya'll over there laughing it up and looking for lost balls. :D

It was brutal out there today. The pin placements were absolutely insane and the greens were fast! I shot a crowd pleasing 90, T0AD on the dollar bill mark, & chewie did break 90 with an 89. My buddy Frank shot 77. I only hit my 4 - iron three times today and hit it well. My driver was solid today however the problem came within 20 yards of the green and on the greens. If you missed your chip slightly you rolled off the green. If you were above or side hill on the greens it was an easy four or five putt hole. The company was great as usual and looking forward to doing it again soon.

I really wish I could have been over there with all of you today, it really sounds like a typical day at Jonesco. Impressed that chewie could break the 90 mark as sometimes a really good looking shot turns into a really bad break over there. Throw in the hard pin placements on super hard greens and you have a formula for one fustrated golfer. Glad you guys had fun.

It was brutal out there today. The pin placements were absolutely insane and the greens were fast! I shot a crowd pleasing 90, T0AD on the dollar bill mark, & chewie did break 90 with an 89. My buddy Frank shot 77. I only hit my 4 - iron three times today and hit it well. My driver was solid today however the problem came within 20 yards of the green and on the greens. If you missed your chip slightly you rolled off the green. If you were above or side hill on the greens it was an easy four or five putt hole. The company was great as usual and looking forward to doing it again soon.

OG, if the winds were gusting down at the goat patch like they were up here in the North Georgia mountains, I can understand why you say it was brutal. Glad you guys had a good time, though, and hope to tee it up with y'all sometime. My RBZ's did me proud today and I will post some details over on your test thread i a little bit.

Yes, it was very windy playing the goat track with TOAD and Ole Gray today. The best way to describe it is good ol' boy golf. We had a great time. I got off to a slow start with my short game, but I do not think sitting in my truck for 2 1/2 hours, thanks to an accident, helped. Once I got warmed up, it was not too bad. The CG Driver and 3 wood were hitting on all cylinders today. As Gray said, the greens were super fast and some of the pin placements you could tell were just to mess with the regulars. Here are a few pics for those that hear so much about this course.

6783423500_0137f30af9.jpg

6929541887_4e059c72db.jpg

This is the 18th green:
6783422872_d4a88ca5e0.jpg

And this is the view back up the 18th fairway:
6783422346_72dacf35d3.jpg

I look forward to playing down there again with the guys, as we always have a good time. This is definitely a course where a little local knowledge helps.

Yes, it was very windy playing the goat track with TOAD and Ole Gray today. The best way to describe it is good ol' boy golf. We had a great time. I got off to a slow start with my short game, but I do not think sitting in my truck for 2 1/2 hours, thanks to an accident, helped. Once I got warmed up, it was not too bad. The CG Driver and 3 wood were hitting on all cylinders today. As Gray said, the greens were super fast and some of the pin placements you could tell were just to mess with the regulars. Here are a few pics for those that hear so much about this course.

This is the 18th green:
6783422872_d4a88ca5e0.jpg

And this is the view back up the 18th fairway:
6783422346_72dacf35d3.jpg

I look forward to playing down there again with the guys, as we always have a good time. This is definitely a course where a little local knowledge helps.

These two pics show what the torrential downpour we had recently, will do to the red Georgia clay. You can see where the two rivers flowed across the 18th green!

Last edited:
HEY HEY HEY !!!!

I hear yall are having some sorta GET-TOGETHER .... but I couldn't figure out what the date ended up being.

I also seem to read that the arrangements have already been made, tee times etc. Looked like to me yall had 8 already.

SOOOO, depending on what that date is, and if you have someone that drops our, or enough otherss want to join in the fun, I am game for coming over there. Let me know the date, Please, Thanks, and if a slot opens PM me and I'll see if I can make it.

Thanks for the consideration !!

HEY HEY HEY !!!!

I hear yall are having some sorta GET-TOGETHER .... but I couldn't figure out what the date ended up being.

I also seem to read that the arrangements have already been made, tee times etc. Looked like to me yall had 8 already.

SOOOO, depending on what that date is, and if you have someone that drops our, or enough otherss want to join in the fun, I am game for coming over there. Let me know the date, Please, Thanks, and if a slot opens PM me and I'll see if I can make it.

Thanks for the consideration !!

Mikey - We are having a little spring fling on March 24th so jump in buddy! Send JT723 a pm that you are wanting in and he will add you to the list. Looking forward to meeting you Cuz :blob:

My God, I can't believe what just happened. So I found out today that my coach scheduled me in for a tournament for the weekend of the 24th in Macon. I can't believe it. I might have to back out. What do you guys think? Honestly.

Back