Murdered out 2.0 fairway wood

edmart82

Reaction score
Handicap
under 18
Ever since TaylorMade decided to start making white club heads I have been talking with the area club building guru about painting the head differently. Recently he took on the challenge and here is what he came up with:

TaylorMade Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5 FW BB Edition

Before1.jpg
before2.jpg

naked1.jpg
naked2.jpg

BBediton4.jpg
BBedition2.jpg

BBEdition1.jpg
BBedition3.jpg

That looks bad arse, like really really good.

Looks good to my eyes. Nice job

Whoa that's sic looking.

That looks nice.

Flat black>White

I bet he could get some major business if he advertised doing that.

Tap before talk.

That is sweet looking.

That is sick dude. This guy could be on to something here, I've got some white sticks that could use a new attitude.

--
tapatalk

Nice!! Def different

Way better than white, nice!

I need this done toy RBZ hybo, awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats tight. Did you happen to weigh the head before and after to see how much of difference the paint made?

Thanks everybody, glad people like it as much as I do..

Are you kidding me? That looks SICK! How did you do that?

There was some trial and error involved, but we stripped the paint with a gel paint stripper. It worked really good. He did the paint job so I can't elaborate on that but the pics don't do it justice. It is flat black, with a slightly textured look and is durable. Not bad at all for basically his first complete refinish (He is a well credentialed club maker), and with nothing but household supplies... If he ever decides to offer this as a service I will forward it here.

Thats tight. Did you happen to weigh the head before and after to see how much of difference the paint made?

Same weight. Completely stripped the old paint and the new one was about the same density. Played it a couple days ago and it still works :act-up:

Wow that looks great. My brother has a 2.0 3W and I'm sure he'd have that done in a heartbeat.

Very sharp looking; great work!

Great job. Looks very nice!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

look pretty sharp

That looks pretty sick!

Nah, the Wishon is longer, more forgiving, AND already black! LOL

Agreed. I am about ready to sell the Cleveland FL I bought from you Jman. I just need to find a shaft that works for me in it.

The matte black looks great!

Last edited:
Back