joining a club or staying public

thats cool, maybe you can get on the board there and bring the website into the 21st century!

Trust me, I've seriously thought about throwing something out there for a discount lol

One thing I do like is that this is privately owned. The benefit is that the membership isn't on the hook for things like capital improvement for upgrades. Member dues could increase, but they haven't and they've done some major renovation to the course.

Congrats Hawk, that is a nice looking course from the photos. Looking forward to your thoughts once you are able to play out there.

Hawk, the place looks sweet man. Some risk reward holes for challenge and great ammenities, plus they have pool tables and a bar, lol. I'm down buddy, climbing in the truck right now, haha.

Hawk, the place looks sweet man. Some risk reward holes for challenge and great ammenities, plus they have pool tables and a bar, lol. I'm down buddy, climbing in the truck right now, haha.

Man, I'd love to have some THP'rs come play there with me any day. The club house is a little dated I guess, but it's not bad at all.

So that's what a course outside of Florida looks like....not surrounded by houses and apartments. Absolutely gorgeous course!

Enjoy the experience Hawk, and keep us up on your likes and dislikes. From the pictures from the course there's lots to like so far.

Man, I'd love to have some THP'rs come play there with me any day. The club house is a little dated I guess, but it's not bad at all.

Don't worry about the club house, it's the people that make your home course great. Clubhouse at my course is dated as well, and the parking lot needs some work, but for how cheap I get to play there ($150/month) - what can I expect? They keep the course in decent shape and the greens are usually pretty darn good.

Don't worry about the club house, it's the people that make your home course great. Clubhouse at my course is dated as well, and the parking lot needs some work, but for how cheap I get to play there ($150/month) - what can I expect? They keep the course in decent shape and the greens are usually pretty darn good.

Yea, it looks like they put their money into the course, which is fine with me. For the price, it's hard to beat around here.

Looks great Hawk! Enjoy!

Christmas time for Hawk! Get signed up for the MGA right off the bat and play in all the tournaments!

Christmas time for Hawk! Get signed up for the MGA right off the bat and play in all the tournaments!

Dang, I forgot to ask about that. From what I've read, they have a good number of competitions throughout the season. I will definitley have to get involved.

80ft of elevation on a 350 par 4? I reckon that ones drivable. Have fun hawk. Looks like a fun place to play.

Yea, it looks like they put their money into the course, which is fine with me. For the price, it's hard to beat around here.

no doubt, the last place I joined had an awful website, but the course was phenomenal which is all that mattered to me

Finally got my dues paid today and was able to play my first nine. The whole thing was great. The course is about as hard as you'll find around here and I was able to put down a 45 on the front, which is the harder of the two nines. Doesn't sound like a great score, but if I had put down another 45 I'd still be sub 15 on my hcp differential. It's hilly as hell and I was gassed from walking. Hopefully it works some of this belly off.

It was like having a high end course all to myself. There were other people there, but it wasn't the crush of people that I am used to. It was also nice to be welcomed by the staff and other members. The course is in really good condition already, but I expect it will really come together after a couple more weeks of warm temps.

Afterwards I stopped in the bar and had a couple beers with the GM and a couple members and they gave me some tips on getting involved with the club. Can't even explain how cool the whole thing was to me. I'm glad I did it.

Finally got my dues paid today and was able to play my first nine. The whole thing was great. The course is about as hard as you'll find around here and I was able to put down a 45 on the front, which is the harder of the two nines. Doesn't sound like a great score, but if I had put down another 45 I'd still be sub 15 on my hcp differential. It's hilly as hell and I was gassed from walking. Hopefully it works some of this belly off.

It was like having a high end course all to myself. There were other people there, but it wasn't the crush of people that I am used to. It was also nice to be welcomed by the staff and other members. The course is in really good condition already, but I expect it will really come together after a couple more weeks of warm temps.

Afterwards I stopped in the bar and had a couple beers with the GM and a couple members and they gave me some tips on getting involved with the club. Can't even explain how cool the whole thing was to me. I'm glad I did it.
Thats really great Hawk, sounds like a great place to play and a great group of people right off the bat. I know know after being a member at my club for almost a year, I won't go back to being a green fee player if I can avoid it. There is really nothing like being a member at a course.

Good for you Hawk! It'll be great for your golf game bro. Get involved in as many leagues as possible.

Sent from my forged iPad

Joining a club for the first time since I was a junior. Really looking forward to it.

Thats really great Hawk, sounds like a great place to play and a great group of people right off the bat. I know know after being a member at my club for almost a year, I won't go back to being a green fee player if I can avoid it. There is really nothing like being a member at a course.

I will admit to being a little nervous driving up today, but it was just extremely chilled out. I was most worried about trying to get in the Saturday/Sunday morning games, but the guys I talked to made me feel welcome to join in. Should be a real fun year.

Good for you Hawk! It'll be great for your golf game bro. Get involved in as many leagues as possible.

Sent from my forged iPad

No doubt. They have a few leagues, tournaments, and a regular money game on the weekend. I don't know what the hell I've been doing the last two years.

I will admit to being a little nervous driving up today, but it was just extremely chilled out. I was most worried about trying to get in the Saturday/Sunday morning games, but the guys I talked to made me feel welcome to join in. Should be a real fun year.
Thats great, having weekly games with the guys is awesome. Get a little $$$ on the line and pride around the clubhouse is really fun.

That is great Hawk, so happy you finally got to get out there and play your new place. The league/tournament aspects is very a enticing bonus to joining a club.

--
tapatalk

I don't think I would have dropped the few extra dollars on this without hearing other THP experiences. I'm not spending much more money, but you all know I'm cheap as hell. I think the extra money is going to be worth it, especially when it comes to MC prep.

All this talk of joining a club and the great weather we are having is causing me some serious joindering(?)

I have an opportunity to join a club that is 5 minutes from my office but 40 minutes from home. It would be great for meeting people as that is a big part of my job. It is a great course with good facilities. I have relative flexibility in my schedule to allow me to get out before, at lunch, and after work to get in practice or a few holes. Thy are running insane specials and I feel stupid for not jumping at it.

Concern is that it is too far for weekend play (although with soccer and sports for the kids I dont anticipate alot of weekend golf time). I really will kick myself if the specials go away and I havent taken advantage. Clubs are really struggling here and I dont see them jacking up rates real soon.

I have an opportunity to join a club that is 5 minutes from my office but 40 minutes from home. It would be great for meeting people as that is a big part of my job. It is a great course with good facilities. I have relative flexibility in my schedule to allow me to get out before, at lunch, and after work to get in practice or a few holes. Thy are running insane specials and I feel stupid for not jumping at it.

Concern is that it is too far for weekend play (although with soccer and sports for the kids I dont anticipate alot of weekend golf time). I really will kick myself if the specials go away and I havent taken advantage. Clubs are really struggling here and I dont see them jacking up rates real soon.

I say go for it man if it is nice enough

Back