Going to the masters

wallaby

LOST
Reaction score
My dad called me today and asked if I wanted to go there since he had a extra ticket. SWEET

Congrats lucky dawg!

That's awesome! Have fun wallaby!

Congratulations that's cool.

Wow! Don't take this wrong, but you suck!

LOL, no seriously Congrats...take lots of pics for us and post them here!

awesome to hear

That's awesome. You're very lucky. Have a great time!

That's awesome! Know what day you guys are going?

You are in for a real treat

Take it all in and walk the entire course you will never forget entering the course itself. It is unlike anything I've seen. Enjoy and experience it all. Check out the driving range too.

TapAhoy!

That's absolutely awesome. I've yet to have any luck with the lottery. My buddy is going down Monday again for the second year in a row. Hopefully next year I can make it!

That's awesome! Know what day you guys are going?

Were leaving Illinois Sunday night at 6, Should be there by 6am monday

Wow. That is awesome. I'm incredibly jealous!

Were leaving Illinois Sunday night at 6, Should be there by 6am monday

Oh sorry, I actually meant to the tourney. Going just one of the 4 days of the tourney or all 4?

Gates open at 7:30 usually for practice rounds.

DO NOT pay for parking - follow the signs and park in the National's parking lots - parking is free there AND closer. They have tons of parking. DO remember what lot you parked in - you might want to write down the lot # on something. Kids around the lots will try to sell you a ticket holder (green strap to wear around your neck with plastic ticket holder) on your way in - you might negotiate the price ($4-6), but they are definitely worth it not just for the day but to preserve your ticket afterward AND to use in future years.

Take a camera - you can have one for practice rounds, not for tournament rounds.

If you buy merchandise in the shops (you will want to) you won't have to tote it all day or carry it back to the car - they have free check stands adjacent to the shops where you can leave it til you leave.

Great places to see the players up close - the 2nd tee, behind the 6th green, the 7th tee, behind the 7th green, 15th tee, 17th tee. But overall it is an extremely viewer friendly course, unless you are trying to see Tiger.

Don't worry about being ripped off to eat there - prices for food are ridiculously cheap and the food is good (for instance Ham & cheese on rye $2).

Bad news - Tiger and Phil usually skip Monday, but if Tiger plays, it will be extremely early and he will likely only play 9, likely the back.

Be sure to go to #16 and watch the players skip shots across the pond.

TAKE SUNSCREEN!!!

Mrs SAM added - you might want to wear your most comfortable golf shoes - the hills can be extremely slippery - I've seen a few rumps busted out there!

Oh - have a blast!!!

That's awesome dude I hope you enjoy all it has to offer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congrats, Wallaby....Attending the Masters is on my bucket list...have had relatives go in the past and say it is an absolute blast....Hope you have a great time!

I hope Wallaby came back and saw my tips for Masters viewing...

Congrats on the opportunity...enjoy it! I went for the first time in 2010. You will never forget the first time you walk through the gates, walk down the path past the range, hang a right and walk through the merchandise area and then...

Congratulations! Please write a day to day report, with photos for those of us who will never see the place with our own eyes.

Gates open at 7:30 usually for practice rounds.

DO NOT pay for parking - follow the signs and park in the National's parking lots - parking is free there AND closer. They have tons of parking. DO remember what lot you parked in - you might want to write down the lot # on something. Kids around the lots will try to sell you a ticket holder (green strap to wear around your neck with plastic ticket holder) on your way in - you might negotiate the price ($4-6), but they are definitely worth it not just for the day but to preserve your ticket afterward AND to use in future years.

Take a camera - you can have one for practice rounds, not for tournament rounds.

If you buy merchandise in the shops (you will want to) you won't have to tote it all day or carry it back to the car - they have free check stands adjacent to the shops where you can leave it til you leave.

Great places to see the players up close - the 2nd tee, behind the 6th green, the 7th tee, behind the 7th green, 15th tee, 17th tee. But overall it is an extremely viewer friendly course, unless you are trying to see Tiger.

Don't worry about being ripped off to eat there - prices for food are ridiculously cheap and the food is good (for instance Ham & cheese on rye $2).

Bad news - Tiger and Phil usually skip Monday, but if Tiger plays, it will be extremely early and he will likely only play 9, likely the back.

Be sure to go to #16 and watch the players skip shots across the pond.

TAKE SUNSCREEN!!!

Mrs SAM added - you might want to wear your most comfortable golf shoes - the hills can be extremely slippery - I've seen a few rumps busted out there!

Oh - have a blast!!!

pretty much all you need to know right there. Get there early, be prepared to walk a lot if you want to see the whole course. Food and merchandise are both cheap. Enjoy it and take plenty of pictures.

Best......Tournament.......Ever to see in person. You can stand on the mound behind the 7th green and see the players on the 2nd green, the 3rd tee box, the 7th fairway and 7th green and the tee shots on the 8th hole without ever moving a step. No place like it.

My dad called me today and asked if I wanted to go there since he had a extra ticket. SWEET
That's pretty sweet. Which day?

Edit: i see that you will be there Monday. Have fun.

Back