Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the Cleveland niblick? anyone hit one?

I have a 42 remaining. Not sure I will let it go. 49 was good too, but it doesn't really fit in the setups I have.

42 or 49

I noticed the Cally Hex Chrome in your sig, what are your thoughts on that ball?

Love it, best ball I've played in a long long time. Just a little pricy though.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it, best ball I've played in a long long time. Just a little pricy though.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going out to play tomorrow and i may have to pick up a sleeve.

:cool:
I am pondering a new set of irons and possibly hybrids for the long irons. I was looking at the r11's or the rocketballz. Anyone that has tried them please give me some info. I am a lefty and live in an area where theres not much for golf shops to demo different sets of clubs. I currently play callaways a set of the regular fusions and a set of the orig berthas.
Hi Nebraska!
I recently went from a set of Callaway X-20`s uniflex to a set of Rocketballz regular, and I`ve seen a massive gain in distance without any drawbacks whatsoever.
As far as I know, both the Big Berthas and the Fusions are game/super game-improvement irons, so I think the RBZs could be the right choice for you. The R-11s are sweet, but the RBZs are even easier to hit high, straight and FAR
I only bought 6-Aw because I play a couple of Diablo edge 4 and 5 hybrids, but in the Rocketballz test forum you can read about the Rocketballz 4-5i`s with some people hitting the 4i driver-like distances :thumb:

Sonny

There was a used 52* J40 in good condition for $70. I think I might go grab it tomorrow.

There was a used 52* J40 in good condition for $70. I think I might go grab it tomorrow.

FWIW, take a look on eBay. Not long ago, there were new J40's for like $79 shipped.

FWIW, take a look on eBay. Not long ago, there were new J40's for like $79 shipped.

The same seller that bahster got his 588's from has the 52/56/60 sets as well.

Thanks for the tips guys, I will check it out now.

The same seller that bahster got his 588's from has the 52/56/60 sets as well.

Yep, I thought about buying those too, but I decided to hold off.

The seller is tee2green6931 on Ebay, btw.

Possibly pondering a new putter. Seems to be the only part of my game right now I'm not comfortable with. I thought I was doing well with the Ghost, but I think it may just be a bit too light for me. I seem to putt better with a little heavier putter.

Pondering new grips for my irons. Set is new but just have to "personalize" them! :confused2:

Possibly pondering a new putter. Seems to be the only part of my game right now I'm not comfortable with. I thought I was doing well with the Ghost, but I think it may just be a bit too light for me. I seem to putt better with a little heavier putter.

Thinking about a blade or a mallet? Seems like the Manta or a Corza Ghost might be good for you if you like the Ghost line and Pure Roll insert.

Thinking about a blade or a mallet? Seems like the Manta or a Corza Ghost might be good for you if you like the Ghost line and Pure Roll insert.

Not sure yet. The look of a blade fits my eye more, but I seem to putt better with a mallet. The Oddysey 2 ball SRT putter I had I rolled very well. Idk what I wanna do yet.

You need a Nome that thing comes with a Hunter GPS built in.

You need a Nome that thing comes with a Hunter GPS built in.

I really like the Nome, but it better come with a damn GPS for 250$

True $250.00 is up there.

they must think pretty highly of it, heh. If they knocked 100$ off it, I'd give it a roll, but that probably ain't happenin.

I just ordered an Anser 4 - guess I could have saved a few bucks with the Nome but I was told the Anser came with the Hunter GPS...

I'm pondering when the Ghost Spider will get here as I can't wait to start scoring with that bad boy.

Right there within custom price range.

Just sayin'. LOL

I agree with you. I'd rather get something custom if I was gonna spend that kind of money

Right there within custom price range.

Just sayin'. LOL

With whom?
Just curious as I know when I've talked to a couple custom makers the cost rapidly got in the $400 and up range.

I wish my belly putter was prettier to look down at. And more comfortable. I'm not comfortable in the slightest with any aspect of my putter except the results. And results trump all. I putt really well with it. But I would feel so much better if I had a heel shafted blade with no plumber's neck. Lol.

With whom?
Just curious as I know when I've talked to a couple custom makers the cost rapidly got in the $400 and up range.

Mr. Lajosi.

Barring you don't go crazy with the options and stampings...I do have one or two of those where I did. But the two AB's I have coming were very fair in price, and not a whole ton of a lot more than the Nome.

And they're way prettier. Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back