Dog eats ticket to the Masters

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
What would you do if your dog ate your ticket to the Masters? Check out this story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-...masters-tickets-leaves-augusta-190154931.html

Ever heard the saying "The dog ate my homework"? Some of us may have actually used that line at one point or another in an attempt to get out of doing our homework in school.Well, folks, it looks like we got the saying wrong. Dogs apparently don't like homework;but they sure do like tickets to the Masters.

The photo you see to your right would be one of Russ Berkman's four tickets to Wednesday's Masters practice round. The Seattle resident hit the jackpot and was all set to enjoy some time golfing and hanging out with a couple of buddies before heading to Augusta to take in the course and the Par-3 Contest.
It sounded like a perfect plan ... until Berkman came home to find his dog, Sierra, had eaten all four of his tickets. I guess his dog didn't appreciate being left out of the trip.

As Berkman told sports radio station KJR in Seattle, he was at a loss for words when he came home to find the strings from the tickets -- and only the strings -- lying on the floor.

Masters trip canceled, right? Wrong. Berkman ended up feeding his dog Hydrogen peroxide -- it's safe for animals to ingest -- in an effort to get his dog to puke the tickets back up. The trick worked, leaving Berkman with a pile of puke and ticket pieces.

But the story gets better. Instead of cleaning up the mess, the guy went through the puke, piecing the tickets back together in an attempt to keep to the trip on track. That's what you call dedication.

With the pieces of the tickets and photographic evidence, Berkman made the call to see if Augusta would consider giving him new passes. Thankfully, tournament officials had a sense of humor and made it easy on Berkman, reissuing him four new tickets.

If you take only one thing away from this story, make sure you never leave your Masters tickets in a spot where the family dog has access to them. Doing so could leave you with a real headache ... and lots of puke.

That.Would.SUCK!

A little jalapeno, Exlax, some scotch tape and C.J.'s rear pointed at the ticket window. Let's roll!

165228_499510248215_506188215_6002735_789319_n.jpg

Surgery!

If I could get new passes, I would do nothing. If I couldn't, I would cry myself to sleep.

That's dedication.

Ha, that sounds like something one of my labs would do.

This would suck. But what can you do? Dogs will be dogs.

I would send it to a non no-kill shelter and then adopt myself a new best friend

Lets put it this way: the dog would no longer be an inside dog. And I would get him fixed. Just kidding. Maybe.

I read this and I honestly dont even know what I would have done in that situation. The fact that the tickets could be somewhat put back together is even more astounding. Luckily it all worked out these folks could still go, I would have been furious!

Funny story, thanks for sharing.

kudos to the Masters for issuing new tix for him

ddec would have made me go through the vomit for the ticket pieces!!

ddec would have made me go through the vomit for the ticket pieces!!

I would have gone through the dog for the pieces never mind the vomit haha

just another reason i dont want a dog LOL

because you are a giant wuss and don't have the stomach for that kind of stuff.

because I would have blamed you for putting the ticket in a place the dog could get it. Even if it was my fault, which we know wouldn't be the case:alien: Either way, my dog loves to sit and watch golf so she wouldn't do that.

because I would have blamed you for putting the ticket in a place the dog could get it. Even if it was my fault, which we know wouldn't be the case:alien: Either way, my dog loves to sit and watch golf so she wouldn't do that.

Are you kidding you would go buy a fire proof safe for those things and your right lexie would never do such a thing

My dog ate football tickets once. Black lab, really awesome dog, but she had this affinity for eating paper, and she preferred to eat fresh crisp paper rather than old paper that had been handled a lot. So, the mail was often considered a potential snack for her.

I got in 8 tickets to a Mississippi State - Auburn football game. Put them on the coffee table and took a shower. When I got out of the shower, there were only 2 partially eaten tickets left. MSU was pretty cool about it, though, and had replacements for me at Will Call. At least I was the original purchaser and had not got through a scalper, or anything.

My dog would do this. I could see it now. I'd turn up at the gate and make the ticket guy scan the dog.

My dog ate football tickets once. Black lab, really awesome dog, but she had this affinity for eating paper, and she preferred to eat fresh crisp paper rather than old paper that had been handled a lot. So, the mail was often considered a potential snack for her.

I got in 8 tickets to a Mississippi State - Auburn football game. Put them on the coffee table and took a shower. When I got out of the shower, there were only 2 partially eaten tickets left. MSU was pretty cool about it, though, and had replacements for me at Will Call. At least I was the original purchaser and had not got through a scalper, or anything.

that's some funny stuff right there. Damn dog

Back