The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never ridden a motorcycle.

Little known fact: JR doesn't know how to ride a bike.

These shark helmets intrigue me. Are they component helmets :alien:

--
tapatalk

Little known fact: JR doesn't know how to ride a bike.

You should learn. I had a boatload of fun times bike riding as a kid.

CB your missing a world of pleasure. As posted I have ridden bikes over 160 MPH and it is pure joy

CB your missing a world of pleasure. As posted I have ridden bikes over 160 MPH and it is pure joy
Good Lord thats fast. I do my best to go 20 MPH, but then again, I have to pedal mine... :alien:

These shark helmets intrigue me. Are they component helmets :alien:

--
tapatalk

Oh, you stop it! They're every bit as expensive as a Shoei dude. Believe me. You know where I grew up. Motorcycle heaven!

I'm looking into picking up a motorcycle for use to and from work primarily, need something to combat the high gas prices a bit, plus I really want a bike. I've gone 145 MPH on one before....was a frickin insane rush that was. My heart was beating out my chest when I stopped. WOW! Now that I'm old and have kids I wouldn't do that again.

Good Lord thats fast. I do my best to go 20 MPH, but then again, I have to pedal mine... :alien:

I topped out at 51 when I used to ride. It was a bit shaky at that point. HAHA

Dude I'm really looking forward to sitting down with you over a few pints in July and talking about putters n pipes and all of the the above. A golfer who loves bikes or is it a biker who loves golf

Not really. I liken Shoei's to Scotty Cameron putters. Certain people just have to have them. I've owned Shoei's, AGV's, SHARK's, HJC's. Shark's were my favorite. I also used to race. Like properly.

That's it? I had my Gixxer 1000 up to about 200 on the back straight at Road Atlanta. You come off the back straight into a 90* left, 90* switchback. I dumped it from 6th to 2nd in about 3 seconds (or get it down to about 55 mph). I've also eaten complete shite in that turn.

They do look like fun, but I'm now a married father and have too many responsibilities to ride a motorcycle bike.

Dude I'm really looking forward to sitting down with you over a few pints in July and talking about putters n pipes and all of the the above. A golfer who loves bikes or is it a biker who loves golf

I was a biker before a golfer. As soon as I found out i was having a son I sold my bikes. I've been in far too many crashes to ride like I did with the responsibility of being a parent. I've broken my right wrist twice, my collarbone, my shin bone, multiple fingers, multiple radiators, fenders, and killed one deer.

I was coasting down a 13* dirt road hill on my tricycle when I slammed on the front brakes. I skidded for a little while and still stopped before the stop sign. Pure rebel.

I almost hit a van at 160 really scary. A to and from work bike I would recommend a BMW. I hate them but the are super reliable

I'm looking into picking up a motorcycle for use to and from work primarily, need something to combat the high gas prices a bit, plus I really want a bike. I've gone 145 MPH on one before....was a frickin insane rush that was. My heart was beating out my chest when I stopped. WOW! Now that I'm old and have kids I wouldn't do that again.

I was coasting down a 13* dirt road hill on my tricycle when I slammed on the front brakes. I skidded for a little while and still stopped before the stop sign. Pure rebel.
Bet you got up, scraped the gravel from your face and went and did it again too didn't you?

LOL!!

I almost hit a van at 160 really scary. A to and from work bike I would recommend a BMW. I hate them but the are super reliable

You don't need a hibachi to cook Japanese! I'm not a BMW bike fan. They look stupid. Jake, get a Suzuki SV 650 bro. It's affordable, it's fun, it's not too powerful and it's a VTwin, so you can make it sound badass. Great bike, plenty of torque, and especially good for commuting b/c you don't have to get on the brakes all that much with it. And it's comfortable to ride.

I think it would become more than a to and from work bike, but I would never really become a full bore biker per say just because I don't have the time and I'd rather play golf. I'm thinking of getting a Harley. Still in Hawk Ponder mode now but I'm looking around a bit.

I think it would become more than a to and from work bike, but I would never really become a full bore biker per say just because I don't have the time and I'd rather play golf. I'm thinking of getting a Harley. Still in Hawk Ponder mode now but I'm looking around a bit.

Seriously? Ugh! What a monumental waste of money dude.

Same as me 29 and 10 crashes luckily only one bad one head on with a car. I completely agree with you about family before bike. In have a feeling when me and Regina get married bikes will be out the window but that has an upside it leaves more time for golf

I was a biker before a golfer. As soon as I found out i was having a son I sold my bikes. I've been in far too many crashes to ride like I did with the responsibility of being a parent. I've broken my right wrist twice, my collarbone, my shin bone, multiple fingers, multiple radiators, fenders, and killed one deer.

You don't need a hibachi to cook Japanese! I'm not a BMW bike fan. They look stupid. Jake, get a Suzuki SV 650 bro. It's affordable, it's fun, it's not too powerful and it's a VTwin, so you can make it sound badass. Great bike, plenty of torque, and especially good for commuting b/c you don't have to get on the brakes all that much with it. And it's comfortable to ride.
I'm too old and fat for a sport bike dude.

Seriously? Ugh! What a monumental waste of money dude.
As I said I'm just looking around, but they are the ones that catch my eye the most. No sport bikes, 10 years ago perhaps. Now I need a fatboy for this fat boy. :D

Please dont go Harley dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back