Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Mmmmm pretty!

Lovely pictures TH and I'm really looking forward to see what you think of them. That combo set looks delicious to me.

Holy smokes Tomahawk, those pics are awesome! I can't wait to hear your feedback after hitting them.

Good lawd those are insane! True beauties Tomahawk. Congrats on a sick set of sticks. Can't wait to read how you smoked them at the range.

Thanks for the pics. IMO those are the best looking irons this year.

Good lawd those are insane! True beauties Tomahawk. Congrats on a sick set of sticks. Can't wait to read how you smoked them at the range.
Thanks CL.

Thanks for the pics. IMO those are the best looking irons this year.
I absolutely agree.

Holy smokes Tomahawk, those pics are awesome! I can't wait to hear your feedback after hitting them.
I will be posting alot of thoughts and results on the 588's over the coming weeks!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to hit these so bad they look so amazing!!! its ridiculous.

Damn TH! Those are ridiculous! Good luck with them. I'm jealous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

These are simply beautiful iron's, congrats on the nice sticks TH. Hope these treat you right, but either way you will look bad arse using them, lol.

Those are Beautys Tomahawk! They look great! Have you ever hit the R11's? if so what did they feel like compared to?

Those are Beautys Tomahawk! They look great! Have you ever hit the R11's? if so what did they feel like compared to?
Thanks. I have hit the R11's, but sparingly, so I can't accurately give you a good comparison. I would say the 588's more resemble in size and feel like the Taylor Made TP CB's if comparing to a TM line.

This set of irons just complicated my choice for my Morgan Cup irons.....in a good way. :smile:

I had read every post of this thread, but these clubs still seemed a little bit too demanding for my game. I had pretty much made up my mind to go with the CG16 Tour irons if I had that option. However, I was at a Cleveland demo day today, and hit the CG16 and CG16 Tour iron when I was testing irons. I had some decent success with the CG16 Tour iron, but I wasn't overwhelmed. The rep then said "do you want to hit the new 588 irons?" Of course I said yes to that...he actually took all of the wrapping off of the 588 CB iron that he had. It was a 6-iron, and I took about 10 swings with that club, the ballflight was better with that club than with the CG16 Tour irons! Yes, the size of the clubheads are smaller than my R11 irons right now, but they aren't too small to be intimidating, if that makes any sense.

Here's the interesting part: I look down at the shaft after a few swings, and it's some type of Dynamic Gold shaft in X flex! So it's a shaft that isn't the greatest fit for me, and I still liked what I was seeing. I'm thinking that throwing some KBS Tour shafts in these irons could make me a very happy golfer in the Morgan Cup.

I look at the detail and design of this set and have to say they are beautiful. This is an elegant iron. Probably way to nice for the vast majority of Morgan Cupper's that will be playing them, non team THP of course.

TH - I had a chance to look at these in full size a bit ago. Love all those pics! Compared to the V2's I have in the bag I'd say 1) The sole is maybe a bit thinner, but the V-Sole may make it look thinner than it really is 2) Top line looks similar 3) Cavity looks larger and has some progression 4) Offset in the longer irons looks a bit more pronounced. In all, I'm pretty happy to see what I'm seeing!

This set of irons just complicated my choice for my Morgan Cup irons.....in a good way. :smile:

I had read every post of this thread, but these clubs still seemed a little bit too demanding for my game. I had pretty much made up my mind to go with the CG16 Tour irons if I had that option. However, I was at a Cleveland demo day today, and hit the CG16 and CG16 Tour iron when I was testing irons. I had some decent success with the CG16 Tour iron, but I wasn't overwhelmed. The rep then said "do you want to hit the new 588 irons?" Of course I said yes to that...he actually took all of the wrapping off of the 588 CB iron that he had. It was a 6-iron, and I took about 10 swings with that club, the ballflight was better with that club than with the CG16 Tour irons! Yes, the size of the clubheads are smaller than my R11 irons right now, but they aren't too small to be intimidating, if that makes any sense.

Here's the interesting part: I look down at the shaft after a few swings, and it's some type of Dynamic Gold shaft in X flex! So it's a shaft that isn't the greatest fit for me, and I still liked what I was seeing. I'm thinking that throwing some KBS Tour shafts in these irons could make me a very happy golfer in the Morgan Cup.

I don't see a reason why you can't hit these well, ary.

I just hit 150 balls with the 588's and I have to say I am far less intimidated after the session. First impression is WOW! I don't have time to go into detail right now, but I hit them well for sure. I am losing 5-15yards from the 2.0's but I don't need distance as much as some anyways. 4 iron was going about 205 and the PW was about 140. Ohhh and Ary, I think you could game these.

Wow, simply beautiful irons. Hit em well tomahawk!

I just hit 150 balls with the 588's and I have to say I am far less intimidated after the session. First impression is WOW! I don't have time to go into detail right now, but I hit them well for sure. I am losing 5-15yards from the 2.0's but I don't need distance as much as some anyways. 4 iron was going about 205 and the PW was about 140. Ohhh and Ary, I think you could game these.

Very nice to hear that. As for being intimidated, I think that's natural. My experience was that it's really not as big a deal as I expected. I always had this perception that I literally couldn't hit an iron like the 588, but that's not true. Yea, the distance isn't the same as an iron like the 2.0's, but I hit the V2's very similar distances when comparing lofts.

Thats awesome to hear TH! That is all the distance anyone needs. I loved what i was getting out of the 6i i demoed, but was left really wanting to see the rest of the set. So... lets get together for a round so i can see these beauties in person!

Thats awesome to hear TH! That is all the distance anyone needs. I loved what i was getting out of the 6i i demoed, but was left really wanting to see the rest of the set. So... lets get together for a round so i can see these beauties in person!
No problem reki. I would love to tee it up with you again soon. I am out of town next week and weekend, but in may we will get together. The 588's are stunning in person.

How forgiving are they?

How forgiving are they?

Much more then you'd think by looking at them. More then say the 712 CB's or MP59's. Pretty much inline with the Nike split cavities or the MP53's at least IMO. TH has hit them way more though so he's probably got a better idea then I.

Gorgeous sticks!!

How forgiving are they?

I have only had one full range session in with the 588's, but in the short time I have spent with them, I am impressed with the level of forgiveness. I'm sure there are more forgiving sets out there, but any average ball striker should be able to hit these with good results.

Nice! I think it's important to really understand what are misses are with irons ary. Having played with you, you hit the ball just fine. If your misses are fat shots or thin shots, then does the iron head really make a difference? I imagine these are just as long as the R11 irons from heel to toe, so with a proper fitting, there's no reason why you shouldn't hit these as consistently in the center of the club face as you do your R11s.

I've had Burner 2.0 irons, RXT's bent to match 2.0 lofts, and R11 irons, and I hit my i20's (which aren't as strong lofted) just as far on the course as I would any of the other irons I owned previously.

I have only had one full range session in with the 588's, but in the short time I have spent with them, I am impressed with the level of forgiveness. I'm sure there are more forgiving sets out there, but any average ball striker should be able to hit these with good results.

That's fantastic. And it's not like these don't offer a decent amount of perimeter weighting. They are a CB iron.

Back