The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spend too much money. I just bought a Asus Transformer Prime tablet which of course means I am broke. So my parents are nice enough to hand me a couple hundred bucks and what is the first thought that goes through my moronic brain?
Hmmm those 910f look nice. Maybe I should try a mashie or a highspeed camera. So I ended up ordering a dozen B330S and ProV1x a swingyde and tour sticks and bidding on a 910f on ebay. Luckily I didn't get the 3 wood.

I'm trying to buy something on the bay, but some guy just made 10 consecutive bids to raise the price $18.50. Wtc?

I'm trying to buy something on the bay, but some guy just made 10 consecutive bids to raise the price $18.50. Wtc?
Don't bid until the end, put in your max bid and use eSnipe!

ESnipe?

Edit. Just googled it, awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's eSnipe? I wasn't planning on bidding until the end anyways. It ends tonorrow night. I hope I get it. It's at a steal right now.

www.esnipe.com

It will bid for you automatically seconds before the end of the auction.

Huh. I just signed up. I found another item that I REALLY hope stays even close to where it's at now. But there's still over 6 days left in the auction.

Is that legit?
I use it a lot. Usually only when I don't think I am going to be around the computer when the auction ends.

A 26 pound Boston Terrier taking up the entire couch, while I try to watch the Blues game.

I use it a lot. Usually only when I don't think I am going to be around the computer when the auction ends.

Interesting, may give it a run.

VA loans where the buyer wants the seller (me) to pay their 6K closing cost associated with buying our house. Na Na...Sorrya! Next...........

It's all but common for the buyers to ask for up to 3% of their closing costs to be paid. I tell every single buyer to ask for it, even if they hadn't mentioned it. Why? Keeps extra money in their pockets, and because they can. The worst the seller does is say no outright. Illrecommended because that could ruin the only buyer they may see for a while. It's more likely to see a counter with a lesser amount or see it added to the price of the home in your counter offer. You the seller care about your bottom line, which is perfectly natural. You don't care if you pay a portion of their closing costs so long as you still make the same amount of money right? So instead of a 200k offer which based on a 3% max is what they offered, why not counter with 206,000 with you paying 6k in closing costs?

Btw, you should probably ask for closing costs on your next home. Just pay it forward haha.

Edit: for the example, I'm assuming a 200k priced house. I have no idea if your house is listed for that or more!

Unrelated, I blew out the toe of my black golf shoe. Completely separated from the spikes. Really didn't need that to happen...

Last edited:
I somehow have a 68 in Pre-Calculus. WTH?

JR - This is quite the delayed response, but I am teaching two Pre Calculus classes right now as a part of my student teaching. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks JConn, but like I said, it isn't an issue of competency. Likely I missed a test and didn't know about it. It will be an A this six weeks.
JR - This is quite the delayed response, but I am teaching two Pre Calculus classes right now as a part of my student teaching. Let me know if you need any help.

It's all but common for the buyers to ask for up to 3% of their closing costs to be paid. I tell every single buyer to ask for it, even if they hadn't mentioned it. Why? Keeps extra money in their pockets, and because they can. The worst the seller does is say no outright. Illrecommended because that could ruin the only buyer they may see for a while. It's more likely to see a counter with a lesser amount or see it added to the price of the home in your counter offer. You the seller care about your bottom line, which is perfectly natural. You don't care if you pay a portion of their closing costs so long as you still make the same amount of money right? So instead of a 200k offer which based on a 3% max is what they offered, why not counter with 206,000 with you paying 6k in closing costs?

Btw, you should probably ask for closing costs on your next home. Just pay it forward haha.

Edit: for the example, I'm assuming a 200k priced house. I have no idea if your house is listed for that or more!

Unrelated, I blew out the toe of my black golf shoe. Completely separated from the spikes. Really didn't need that to happen...

My rant would be the entire idea of working with real estate agencies. They are a non-essential evil in the home buying process. If you are a real estate agent then I do sincerely apologize if I offend you. My wife was one before and I told her the same beliefs. I can, and have, sold and bought houses without a real estate agent.

As long as you have a good lawyer to write up any paperwork dealing with prior damage to the house unbeknownst to the buyer or any problems with the property you might run into then you are golden. Paying closing costs and realtors fees and commission fees has gotten absolutely out of hand nowadays with how expensive they are.

My wife averaged up her income from fees and commission and the actual amount of hours of work that she put into selling these houses and she made more than any doctor I've ever known (per hour of actual work). That was money out of peoples pockets that didn't even include closing costs and other fees. She once made $8,000 dollars in commission off a place that she put less than 7 hours of work into. She bragged about it heavily to me and all I could find to say was "do you not feel like a criminal considering what you and your company just did to these people financially"?

Once again, I'm sorry if I offend anyone and your free to let me have it with your opinions.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Countless studies have shown that you more than make up the money you pay in commission when you go with a realtor vs for sale by owner. If you feel you can market your house well enough on your own, and really want to put in the time to do so, you MIGHT break even. 5 years ago in the sellers market you could probably have pulled it off, but today in the current market the marketing is KEY.

Countless studies have shown that you more than make up the money you pay in commission when you go with a realtor vs for sale by owner. If you feel you can market your house well enough on your own, and really want to put in the time to do so, you MIGHT break even. 5 years ago in the sellers market you could probably have pulled it off, but today in the current market the marketing is KEY.

I sold my old house in Chattanooga for above comparable rates with absolutely no hassle and no realtor to suck up any extra money I made. My brother did the same with his house. Maybe in the grand scheme of things I might be wrong and just blinded by the success that I had personally without one.

I just know it always upset me when my wife would pull in 5 to 10 grand for doing next to nothing. Taking a few pictures, posting them online, setting up an open house or two. Literally all that combined was less than 10 hrs of work and she'd pull in the equivalent of like $600-$700 or even more per hour of active work. This coming from her mouth, not mine. It just always bugged me.

I sold my old house in Chattanooga for above comparable rates with absolutely no hassle and no realtor to suck up any extra money I made. My brother did the same with his house. Maybe in the grand scheme of things I might be wrong and just blinded by the success that I had personally without one.

I just know it always upset me when my wife would pull in 5 to 10 grand for doing next to nothing. Taking a few pictures, posting them online, setting up an open house or two. Literally all that combined was less than 10 hrs of work and she'd pull in the equivalent of like $600-$700 or even more per hour of active work. This coming from her mouth, not mine. It just always bugged me.

I'm guessing that was about 5-10 years ago? The majority of realtors from that period are out of the business. You are right in that day and time it was stupid easy to make a quick buck. There are still those easy cases where you will make 10K off of a quick sale, but there are just as many instances now where you will have a house on the market for 8 months, spend 5K to sell it to eventually sell it for 4K in commission, its a much tougher business. Not that there isn't still money to be made, because there certainly is.

The other side to look at the quick sales your wife had, would it have sold that quickly otherwise? If she gets you got the customer and extra 5K in price and sold it in 1.5 months less, is that worth it? Maybe she saved them from making two additional payments which would have been another 3K. There are so many different things to look at there.

Just for full disclosure I don't work in real estate, but do have my license.

Some guy in the other building here thinks he's RXGus. He's wearing those nasty Fila Skeletoes shoe things. I find them nasty and think they have no place in the workplace. I want to step on his toes really hard. I dont care how relaxed the dress code those things are gross.

Some guy in the other building here thinks he's RXGus. He's wearing those nasty Fila Skeletoes shoe things. I find them nasty and think they have no place in the workplace. I want to step on his toes really hard. I dont care how relaxed the dress code those things are gross.

I agree, no way should those be worn in public, let alone at work

they have no place being in any place lol

accidentally drop a server rack on his tootsies...that'll learn him.

I pay over $200 a pay check for health insurance. I had an endoscopy done and had to pay $85 which is fine because I knew I had to pay 10%. I went for a follow up and paid my $40 copay. Yesterday I get not 1 but 2 bills for the endoscopy for $33 and $35? WTC? Why do I have to pay again?

I pay over $200 a pay check for health insurance. I had an endoscopy done and had to pay $85 which is fine because I knew I had to pay 10%. I went for a follow up and paid my $40 copay. Yesterday I get not 1 but 2 bills for the endoscopy for $33 and $35? WTC? Why do I have to pay again?

thats the one thing I make my wife handle, the last thing you want is me calling and screaming at insurance companies

I love when they "forget" to submit claims to insurance so I poop myself when I get a big bill in the mail

Stupid tapatalk is sending me mad. That's my rant today.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back