Forum Testing Signup - Champ Spike Challenge

Let's go folks, I know there are more of us here than this!

I'll definitely be entering when I get home. Spikes are like grips, inexpensive to replace and provide benefit, but often overlooked.

Let's go folks, I know there are more of us here than this!
FWIW, two of my four pair of shoes are Nike Anthems and they already use the Scorpion Stinger. And I replaced the ones in my Callaway shoes with the same spikes. My fourth pair is a pair of AdiComforts.

I guess I could try the Zarmas, just to compare them to something from the same company....

1. What golf shoes would these go in? NIKE ANTHEM
2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? ZARMA
3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? My big thing in spikes is preventing lateral movement. If Zarma can outdo the Scorp, that would be awesome...but just don't know...I like the Scorpions.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? 27-36 holes per week plus range time. Mostly riding but walk on occasion. I'm a big-torque swinger (over-swinger?) and need something beefy to keep my big arse planted to the ground. Quite active and love to do feedback posts...even if I'm not a tester! :p Me and my Anthems will be at the outing this week.

Thats the spirit, guys!

1. What golf shoes would these go in?--Adidas Powerband 3.0
2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test?--Zarma
3. What kind of difference will solid support give you?--Balance is crucial and I sometimes have issues with lower body movements, and the last thing I need to worry about is slipping around all over the place because I dont have a stong support. Hoping that with the solid support starting with the feet, it helps stay solid throughout the entire lower body and leading to good shots.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?--Im extrememly active on THP, I visit and post daily. I would take these on the range weekly, as well as out for at least 2 rounds of golf (9 and 18 holes) weekly. I walk sometimes and ride sometimes, so their would be a nice mix of feedback. I would report my findings on the site the day following each session/round. And update the testing thread with pics of how the cleats are holding up after usage

1. What golf shoes would these go in? Adidas Samba
2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? I would enjoy testing the Zarma
3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? I have balance issues alot. I am not a fan of the Adidas spikes, I usually trade them out fairly quickly for the Champ Stinger (Havent seen the Zarma in any local stores)
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play at least twice a week and and visit the range several times as well. I would post my reviews each night after my round. I would also link my reviews on Facebook and Twitter.

1. What golf shoes would these go in? Adidas Tour360 4.0
2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? Stinger
3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? As someone who started out playing in sneakers, golf shoes have made a big difference in my stability. I tend to swing the club pretty fast and stability in my feet is one less thing I have to worry about when hitting the ball.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I have 2 pairs of Tour360 4.0's. So I will be able to test both longevity (after installing fresh adidas spikes) and grip of the spikes. I plan on alternating between the pairs of shoes and marking down the differences between the two. My activity level is consistent on THP and I will be playing multiple rounds per week.

Another great testing opportunity from THP!

1. What golf shoes would these go in? Adidas Powerband 3.0

2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? Happy to test either one!

3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? I have a very high swing speed and my feet are very active throughout my golf swing. Traction is very important to me and my golf game. I am always keeping an eye out for a spike that allows for good traction along with comfort when walking.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am on THP daily and try to interact in a lot of different threads while browsing. I play golf about 1-2 times a week but when I can't play I try and get a good 1 - 1.5 hour range session in on the weekend. I ride about half the time and walk the other half when I play (depending on the weather). I would add feedback to the thread and be apart of the testing process on a daily basis.

Thank you THP and CHAMP for the opportunity!

I'd be really interested to see people who have shoes from 2-3 years ago put the spikes in those to compare to their new shoes (my plan if selected). Or, if you have two pairs of the same shoe to put the spikes in a one pair of those and give a comparison of the spikes completely unbiased.

Count me in! I have the Stinger spikes in my LCs and love them!

1. What golf shoes would these go in? Nike Lunar Control
2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? Zarma
3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? I think that I have solid support now TBH. I think that like any sport, a good golf game begins with a solid base and good balance. Geed spikes contribute greatly to both of these.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? These will be tested during my time at the range and practice area, as well as on the course. I play golf at least once a week and while not as active as some, I try to log on often and contribute where I can.

I just switched to a new pair of casual, spikeless shoes for the summer so I will opt out of this but I am sure that those chosen to conduct the testing will do a great job.

Tapped that...

I actually have these spikes and I can comment on them. Wouldn't mind a new set... :bye:

1. What golf shoes would these go in?

Adidas 4.0 360 Sports

2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test?

CHAMP Zarma

3. What kind of difference will solid support give you?

Honestly, the ability to truly complete my turn back and through without slipping, this woul dbe huge to the accuracy of my game IMO.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?

I feel that I have a very high activity level and as fro my testing I am an almost obsessive note taker both on paper and on my voice notes of my iphone in order to go back over all of my on course thoughts and put them into something more easily legible without missing anything. Thoroughness and reps are huge to me in testing in order to get a complete view of the product at hand.

THANK YOU to CHAMP and THP for a dang cool opportunity for the forum!

1. What golf shoes would these go in? FootJoy Street
2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? Would love to try the Zarma
3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? Balance, Traction, durability and see if they stay on my shoes. I've noticed my ScorpioStingers come out of my shoes from time to time.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'd love to compare the Zarmas against the ScorpioSTINGER (which I already have), I will walk full 18 holes (I never walk so this should be interesting) and give everyone video feedback.

1. What golf shoes would these go in?

Adidas AdiComfort2

2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test?

I believe that my shoes use the Pins fastening system, which is not available on the Scorpion Stingers according to the website. Therefore, the Zarma model would be my preference.

3. What kind of difference will solid support give you?

Solid support gives me one less thing to think about during the golf swing. If I know my feet are stable and will not move, that allows me to erase that from the equation.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?

I would be able to test these at the range or on the course at least once a week. I typically ride when I play, so I would probably focus more on support during the swing more than comfort while walking. I am on THP daily.

Thanks to Champ and THP for a different testing opportunity.

1. What golf shoes would these go in? Footjoy Classics

2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? Scorpion Stingers

3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? Having a solid footing gives great confidence when hitting shots, especially when you are really trying to get after the ball. Being able to trust your feet will not slip would be the ultimate game-changer.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing process would consist of playing multiple rounds of golf on different style of golf courses. We have a couple courses here that have a variety of conditions to test on i.e. (firm versus soft fairways/sand traps, some are hilly and some are flat, etc.) I just recently joined THP after randomly searching for a golf forum a couple of weeks ago. I was an avid reader for a couple of weeks (just getting a feel for what the forum/site was all about) before I signed up and decided to start participating in the discussions. I look forward to continued discussions over golf products/courses/etc. in the future.

Thanks!

1. What golf shoes would these go in? Adidas Powerband 3.0

2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? Would like to test the Champ Zarma

3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? Being someone that often forgets that spikes in a golf shoe need to be replaced, I tend to "slip" out of my shot on occasion. Having good traction on the tee box would give me one less thing to worry about when I am getting ready to take my swing.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing process would be to play golf, see how the spikes work compared to the stock spikes from Adidas in my Power Bands do. I play in a 9 hole golf league every Wednesday and have a regular round of 18 every Sunday. Try to get to the range at least once per week as well. THP Activity Level? Some would say I post a lot, and it's possible that I do. I have been fortunate enough to test items in the past, and really enjoy to process of testing, providing feedback, as well as often trying to find a different "fun" way to put a spin on testing.

1. What golf shoes would these go in? Adidas Adicomfort 2

2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? Would love to try the Champ Zarma

3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? We play in many different conditions in SD, ranging from rain/mud to rock hard fairways. I also play alot of golf early in the morning so am always dealing with dew. Solid support is always something I look for when trying to put a good swing on the ball. Alot of time I can trace a bad shot back to a lack of proper footing & an unstable platform.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I would love to put these to use on the courses here. I plan on continuing the 6-7 rounds per month pace that I am on through the rest of the spring & summer. I would be able to post my unbiased thoughts here on the forum on a regular basis.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Hmmm, I'll have to check tomorrow to see if I can use Champ spikes in my shoes. I should have a pair in which they'll work. I know the local course I play at the most sells Champ spikes so I'll check it out.

Cool stuff though. Good opportunity! I've heard good things.

Thanks THP and Champs!

1. What golf shoes would these go in? Footjoy Greenjoys
2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? Zarmas as the Stingers seem pretty close to what is in the Greenjoys
3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? Only way to find out is to test them.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am active on THP and thoroughly enjoy testing gear. I'd wear these during all my rounds and come up with unique ways to test the spikes. Would also compare them to what I currently use and likely purchase other spikes to get different points of reference.

1. What golf shoes would these go in? These would go into my Tour 360's. I rotate these, Pumas and Nikes. My 360's get the most use as I love the feel of them. I would love to see what a new set of spikes could do for these shoes.
2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? I have to admit the Zarma looks interesting with the cushioned spike.
3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? I tend to swing aggresively and walk all my rounds, any additional support and stability would surely help.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I have 2 pairs of 360's, one that I use more frequently and the ones I would test these spikes in. I could compare to the original spikes and see if it makes a difference. I play 36+ holes a week and walk all the time which would provide ample time for review. I'm on THP daily and would be able to provide feedback and respond to questions in a timely fashion.

Thanks to Champ and THP for this testing opportunity!

1. What golf shoes would these go in? Footjoy Dryjoys
2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? Champ Zarma. Interesting idea.
3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? The cushioning,if it doesn't cause instability, would be huge. I have arch issues, so wear inserts from my podiatrist which help...but my dogs do bark after a round. I also take an...enthusiastic cut at the ball, which means any loss of grip is immediately apparent.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play 2 rounds plus Men's night per week, and vacation season is approaching. For testing, I'd compare these with the Black Widows in my older Dryjoys for grip / stability / comfort / tendency to collect or shed grass and anything else that came to mind. I'm on the site daily, and admittedly am not a high volume poster...I just chime in when I've got something to say, and hope I make some sense. Were I testing these, I'd then have something to say...the sense part's a bit more uncertain, but I'd try.

1. What golf shoes would these go in? FootJoy Contour

2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? ScorpionSTINGER

3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? Confidence when you plant your feet during the swing that you will have a solid base with no slipping and a comfortable spike.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I have tested for THP previously and take the honor seriously reporting almost daily with on the course testing.

I think its awesome they have an indicator on them that tells you when they are worn and need replaced. I have worn the same 2 pairs of shoes for two years and I'm sure they need replaced based on what I have read about golf spikes, but to have an indicator that actually tells you when they are worn is a great idea! Are they the first to use this idea or has this been done before, I have never heard of anyone else doing it.

1. What golf shoes would these go in? A pair of Footjoy Superlites.
2. Which of the two spikes would you like to test? The Zarma spikes please!
3. What kind of difference will solid support give you? I'm pretty small and use a lot of lower body activity in order to hit the ball with any considerable length. Ground stability is absolutely important to me. If I can't grip the ground well, I spin out or slip around and have no chance of hitting a good shot. it's even more vital in wet conditions!
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Updates after my round. Updates are within 24 hours of a round, most of the time much faster than that. Comparing the tested spike to its competition as well as even your typical tennis shoe. Testing on various lies in both wet and dry situations. Activity level on THP is multiple times a day, 5-6 days a week.

Thank you to Champ and THP for giving us this opportunity!

Edit: realized my shoe takes the fast twist and not Q lock.

Last edited:
Back