Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I played the CC yesterday at Pumpkin ridge for the entire round. I had a manic round with it. 43/38. I only hit two fairways in the front and only missed one on the back. The misses on the front weren't moving a ton (except for one of them) but they were just pushes with very little left or right movement. I am definitely launching this driver a lot higher than I am used to but I went and got launch numbers after the round and I was just were I wanted to be. The only thing I can object to is that the angle of decent must have been pretty steep because the shots were getting pretty much no roll out. There were multiple shots were I found my ball right next to my ball mark. This has more to do with the soft conditions, but maybe with lower launch angle I would see more roll out. But who knows if the overall distance would be affected. I will have to wait and see how it responds to more firm conditions.

Alright, it's official fellas. After tomorrow I'll be knee deep in the Kool-Aid. Just picked up the Classic/Kusala White combo today.

First impressions are WOW! This is hands down the most beautiful driver I've handled, period!!! Haven't actually hit it but a few practice swings already tell me that this driver/shaft combo just screams baby smooth and spot on balance.

Can't wait to get out tomorrow and start throwing pitch marks all over fairways.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Excellent COLT. I think you will like the Kool-Aid. That is one sweet driver.

Pitch marks and ball marks all over the fairways? You guys need some of our dry weather. You couldn't make a mark on our fairways right now with a sledgehammer.

Pitch marks and ball marks all over the fairways? You guys need some of our dry weather. You couldn't make a mark on our fairways right now with a sledgehammer.

I just play early in the morning. And boy does Klipper like to water their fairways! Besides, the reason I went 10.5 w/ the Kusala White is that I want pretty much all of my distance to be carry as I play courses with some serious fairway undulation. Roll out can get me in trouble big time! I'll take a driver that can get me in the upper 200's of carry and then hop and dribble out only a few yards. Wouldn't bother me one bit.

After playing the Classic for the first time today, the 910 is going to have to blow me away to kick it out of the bag. I didn't keep track of any stats as far as FIR but I can only think of one bad shot with it and it was just a bad swing. I don't know if I've ever looked forward to hitting a driver, but I just want to keep on hitting this thing. Cleveland has a real winner here, I can't wait to hit it again.

I didn't get a round in today. Only got to hit the range. Worked up through the bag with the i20's and was striking the ball pretty well.

Pulled the Classic and laid it down behind its first ball. This club even looks hungry behind a ball. I didn't want a bad first shot with her so I put the smoothest swing I could on her. I didn't baby it by any means but just let it flow nicely.

Impact sound was a pleasantly muted metallic thwack. Very quiet driver. Feel off the face was very light and noticeably springy. I wouldn't call it a powerful feel as it was just so soft off the face but that mattered not as the ball took off the club face like a scalded dog. The ball flight was a lot like the one produced by the PXi's in my i20's. A lot of height, but obviously low spin as the ball climbed a bunch and then flattened out very nicely. Lateral movement on the shot, if any, was indiscernible by my eye at least. I know I had to look like one of those guys off of the "driver love" commercials because I could feel myself grinning from ear to ear...and the ball still hadn't come down yet. There is a net up at 275 out to combat long knockers from slinging balls into traffic running behind the range. When my ball finally came to a stop it was a very abrupt one as it plopped into the net about 25-30 feet high off the ground. Did I mention that there was a bit of a breeze in my face as well?!?!?!

This was honest to goodness the best drive I have ever hit. No questions. And when I looked at the face I had actually caught it about a half ball above the screws and about the same toward the toe.

Have you ever hit a driver so well that you couldn't quit hitting it? I have, but today wasn't the case. That one shot alone put butterflies in my stomach...seriously. I put the driver back in the bag and put the head cove back on it after just one shot. I didn't think I could possibly top that one, and even though I might have, I was too blown away by it to even try. I had to end it on that one.

So I'm sorry I had to end my report after only one shot, but I hope you enjoyed the ride with me none the less.

Impact sound was a pleasantly muted metallic thwack. Very quiet driver. Feel off the face was very light and noticeably springy. I wouldn't call it a powerful feel as it was just so soft off the face but that mattered not as the ball took off the club face like a scalded dog.

I was really impressed by the sound test in the THP review (that's a really great feature btw guys, link here http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=15261 2nd vid in the link). I love the smooth muted sound. I can't stand it when the impact sounds like an empty beer can.

View attachment 4655

Just to give y'all an idea of "forgiveness" the shot that I detailed earlier and admitted as the best shot I've ever hit with a driver left a mark on the face of course. So here it is. As you can see the mark is actually very large "circumference" so I'm guessing that's a sign that it was still compressed well.

The only gripe I could see legitimately with the forgiveness or maybe the feel is that I couldn't tell where exactly on the face I missed it. I can usually tell almost all of the time where I missed it just by flight but that doesn't seem to be the case here. And I can't complain with that as this slight miss had an amazing result!

Great looking combo there Colt, thanks for sharing. Also, great first drive! Hopefully you continue hitting bombs with it.

Great looking combo there Colt, thanks for sharing. Also, great first drive! Hopefully you continue hitting bombs with it.

Thanks JC. To be honest I quit hitting after that first one because I was afraid to ruin the moment. After such a beauty for a first shot ever with a club I wanted to be able to walk up to the tee box next time with that supreme confidence in my head. A less than stellar second shot would have ruined that for me.

Great story COLT!
Must be a great feeling walking up to the tee next time

I want this driver soo bad

You are so right in that you really don't want to stop hitting it. My first time with it I literally could not put it down. Hope you keep hitting well.

TapAhoy!

Very pretty combo there Colt. Glad to hear you enjoyed it the first time out. It will only get better and better my man.

I had, by far, the best driving day with my Classic yet. While I only hit it 6 times off the tee total, every ball went, flew, and ended up exactly where I wanted it too. I'm starting to figure out tee height, ball placement, and tempo are absolutely key for me.

That's a beauty there Colt. Glad to hear that you hit it well, even though only once. Keep us posted onyour next time out with it.

TC sounds like this club could be in your bag for a while there brother.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

COLT is dropping bombs. Very nice!

Once again I find that this is about the most accurate I've ever been with a driver. I only had one ball today that was really offline. I'm seeing a few more yards as well since lengthening my back swing a little bit. A little practice has helped me keep the accuracy I love as well. One thing I just love is that I can tee the ball way up and I'm just hitting the center of the face a lot. That's a big deal for a guy like me. Not always a perfect shot, but at least I'm in the center of the face and getting the most out of every swing.

I'd just like to thank all of this thread's participants for costing me $. Just placed my order for the Classic and hope it gets here in time to try it out this weekend.

Did you get the $50 rebate? That's a pretty sweet deal for this driver, especially when you consider the stock shaft.

I love my Classic so far. It flies about the same distance as my TL310 but it has a slightly lower trajectory and a bit more roll. Stepped up to the X-stiff kusala which has helped with that I believe.

MarcH & Cleveland Classic BFF!! 4ever! <3 xoxoxo's etc

I love my Classic so far. It flies about the same distance as my TL310 but it has a slightly lower trajectory and a bit more roll. Stepped up to the X-stiff kusala which has helped with that I believe.

MarcH & Cleveland Classic BFF!! 4ever! <3 xoxoxo's etc

I can't wait to see you bust that thing Marc!

I was striping my Classic real well during today's round. I again almost drove a short 310 yard par 4 (ended up in the right greenside bunker about 5 yards from the front. The drive was hit dead at the flag and was pushed by a moderate left to right wind. Had I kept it a bit more left, I would have driven it today. Like TC, I'm really starting to figure out tee height and tempo with my Classic/Kusala Blue combo. Driver pondering is nonexistent and will be nonexistent for me for quite some time, as I see this as my gamer for a LONG time.

LOL Marc!

I played yesterday with a guy I play quite a bit with. He's a dang long knocker like the belbs and Marc. He just received his Classic driver and I, and he, were shocked at how much better it is for his game. It brought his ball flight down tremendously.

LOL Marc!

I played yesterday with a guy I play quite a bit with. He's a dang long knocker like the belbs and Marc. He just received his Classic driver and I, and he, were shocked at how much better it is for his game. It brought his ball flight down tremendously.

Yep loving the trajectory. Wish they'd do a classic 3 wood soon!

Back