Your cost for 2012 Outing

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
I am headed to the bank this morning to take some money out of my CD to pay off my Visa card for the outing. My total costs for this years outing includes, clothing, sandals, restaurant costs, golf balls, beer tab at GC, two days for a couple playing golf at GC, gas for the car, etc. I did not add a few items that I used my debit card to pay for however my outing costs this year the total came to: $1254.38

I think it will be interesting to see what folks spend from different parts of the country to include travel, hotel expenses, etc. for those planning to make outings. Staying with DawgDaddy three days really lightened my load a tremendous amount and I feel pretty good about coming out this cheap.

Important to note OG, that was for 2 people was it not?

Important to note OG, that was for 2 people was it not?

Oh yes definitely as we have two golfers in our family which pretty much doubles the golf plus accommodations. Single golfers get out much cheaper with these trips for sure.

That's a hell of a deal.Having no airfare is huge.

That's a hell of a deal.Having no airfare is huge.

No kidding as I think some folks spend that much just on their air fare alone. Being within driving distance is a plus :thumb:

Very cool post OG. Seeing an actual number helps to make things much more possible to comprehend when planning. Thanks for posting this.

No kidding as I think some folks spend that much just on their air fare alone. Being within driving distance is a plus :thumb:

No doubt, and our friends North may have spent even more.

Very cool post OG. Seeing an actual number helps to make things much more possible to comprehend when planning. Thanks for posting this.

I thought the Villa deal was a pretty cool idea to save money as you could have your own groceries, etc. which reduces cost as well.

Two nights at Grand Cupress $600+
Villa crawl, clothes, balls and etc = no clue
My 1st outing experience "priceless"

Our costs were higher...we also had 2 golfers so that makes it double right there:
Flights, 3 checked bags, rental car, gas: $820 (again this is for 2 people)
GC - includes bar bill, various items at GC:
$778.57 (Thursday-Sunday) and we paid the deposit of $415

Just over 2k for us. Not bad actually, considering unlimited golf, and the villas really cut down on the food/alcohol spending.

Edit: this doesn't include the hotel, gas or the week parking in Bangor, without those the flights would have been double what they were.

About $1000, which is what it normally ends up being. Worth every penny.

About $1000, which is what it normally ends up being. Worth every penny.

What did your flight end up costing you if you don't mind me asking. If you don't wanna say I understand.

$367 on Delta - so add $50 for bag fees. A year ago it was more than $100 less.

$367 on Delta - so add $50 for bag fees. A year ago it was more than $100 less.

Yeah last year we got flights for about $600 total (for 2 people) this yeah those same flights were over $1200...

$1200ish for me. Stayed Thurs - Sunday at GC. $440 for airfare on DL KC - Orlando (didnt have to pay baggage fees tho because of my status with them). Worth it to me, the villas and villa crawl helped keep after hours costs down.

Around $1800 for lodging, transportation, & food for 2 people. Includes golf for me (wife did not golf).

ETA: we stayed 4 nights at GC.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Hard to say on things like balls, new clothes, gas, groceries after we got there, the cost of eating out and things like tips, raffel tickets. I did not keep tabs, but my best guess on that would be about $550 to $650 for me and my wife as a non golfer. I stayed at GC 2 nights so that was $598 for the two of us. Best guess is between $1150 and $1250 for an absloutely unforgettable golf experience.

I am still smiling as I recall the week end.

$285 for the flight
$799 for the villa, Thursday - Monday
$300-400 for drinks and food

I would do it again in a heartbeat, funny thing is I bought a bunch of beers for the villa and think I drink 5 there. I left the maid a bunch of brews in the fridge.

Fortunately for my wallet, unfortunately for me - $0

Looks like you guys had a blast and got your money's worth!

My GC bill came in the mail Saturday and it was $1,080 which included 3 nights stay and food and alcohol. (This is at the single room rate)
My flight from Columbus to Orlando was $248.
Cab Fare was $50.

Total $1,378.

A small price to pay for the greatest golf weekend ever.

Approximate costs:
$280 for flight
$50 for bag fees
$140 for rental car
$670 for lodging (stayed Thursday-Sunday)

I have absolutely NO idea! I dont go into these outings with money on the brain, I save up for my trip and I make it happen. I have one hell of a good time and I come home sad its over.

$316 for flight
$25 cab thanks sighman and seemoreguy
$670 for lodging (stayed Thursday-Sunday) thanks Tadashi
$20 dinner with Jerry and Donne
$40 couple of lunches at the restaurant
+ raffle tickets + THP headcover + tips

about $1200 + growing "honey do" list sooooooooooo worth it!​

Back