Bridgestone Enters The Morgan Cup

Good stuff, have been doing the same quite lately with the DPC PW. Love the half shots with the PW as of late.

Me too man! I saw that quite a few Tour players do that kind of thing and it got me to thinking. I am loving it so far.

yeah yeah...I did hit them great...ask TMex!

But, I like my DPC's...its why I got the 38 DPC's when it was announced I was a Bridgy staffer. to get accustomed to the irons. Say what you want ladies.

You ripped them One T! Thats whats kinda surprising to me but I totally understand! You gotta go with your gut.

You ripped them One T! Thats whats kinda surprising to me but I totally understand! You gotta go with your gut.

beer gut

Very nice! So that will be a 6* gap between the PW and 52*, correct?
Yep, it'll go from a 46 degree PW to my 52 degree gap wedge. That's what I have now and I have learned more versatility with my PW this way. I expect the CB pitching wedge to be even more versatile yet.

Yep, it'll go from a 46 degree PW to my 52 degree gap wedge. That's what I have now and I have learned more versatility with my PW this way. I expect the CB pitching wedge to be even more versatile yet.

Agreed P4B! So many are just so obsessed with degree gaps its kinda crazy. For one, different shafts (for the most part) in between wedges and J40's. Secondly, different clubs and having a consistent gap in lofts does not mean consistent distance gaps. I like the set up P4B. Im gonna bend my 52* to 50* and work it like that.

Got my order in. I am going with:

3-PW J40 DPC with PX 6.5 Flighted

54º, 60º Satin Chrome wedges with PX 6.0 Flighted

6.5, you man!

Order is in!

Irons: J40 Dual Pocket Cavity - 5-PW with KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: J40 Black Oxide Wedges 50(Bent from 52), 54 and 58 all with Spinner shafts
Ball: B330-RX Yellow

thats awesome Dean!! I am happy to see dudes pulling the trigger quick like. hell, we have known for quite some time we would be making these orders. all thought should be done. Boom

Very nice Dean - those KBS Tour's were very tempting to me as well.

thats awesome Dean!! I am happy to see dudes pulling the trigger quick like. hell, we have known for quite some time we would be making these orders. all thought should be done. Boom

Very nice Dean - those KBS Tour's were very tempting to me as well.

My goal at demo day was to find an iron shaft that I liked. While the PX Flighted felt pretty good and performed, there was something about the KBS Shafts that I hit in a few different iron heads that I liked a little better. I also liked how the black oxide wedges looked while down there, including Tadashi's battle tested wedges. Can't wait for these to arrive!

Thanks again to Bridgestone for the plethora of options you made available to us. It really made things easier to know what we were looking at before we got to place our orders.

Here is my order:

Irons:
J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Irons 5-PW, Bent 2* Up and +0.5" length w/FST KBS Tour - Stiff
Grips: Golf Pride BSG Tour Velvet Cord

Wedges:
J40 Black Oxide 54* & 58*, Bent 2* Up and +0.5" length w/DG Spinner Shaft

Golf Ball:
B330-RX (Yellow)

There will also be a 50* club as well but I am going to save that for the unboxing :fingers-crossed:

You be quiet! TourMex didnt get his name overnight but under pondering.

Here is my order:

Irons:
J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Irons 5-PW, Bent 2* Up and +0.5" length w/FST KBS Tour - Stiff

Wedges:
J40 Black Oxide 54* & 58*, Bent 2* Up and +0.5" length w/DG Spinner Shaft

Golf Ball:
B330-RX (Yellow)

There will also be a 50* club as well but I am going to save that for the unboxing :fingers-crossed:

I smell a CB PW!

Order is in!

Irons: J40 Dual Pocket Cavity - 5-PW with KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: J40 Black Oxide Wedges 50(Bent from 52), 54 and 58 all with Spinner shafts
Ball: B330-RX Yellow
I like it, a lot. Exact wedge setup I am currently pondering.

Marcs it's time buddy!

I like it, a lot. Exact wedge setup I am currently pondering.

And the exact one I went with. Could have sworn I would not have done the black oxide but after having Freddie's in the bag, I just fell in love with that worn finish.

Now I need to get them and let them soak in water for a week. :act-up: ha

Marcs it's time buddy!

Here you go Dean! Just for you and One T :)

Irons:
J40 Cavity Back Irons 5i-PW
Standard lie, 1* strong on all irons, with Project X 5.5 (non flighted) Soft stepped 1x
Grips: Tour Velvet Cord Standard

Wedges:
J40 Black Oxide 52* bent to 51* & 56* with Dynamic Gold Spinners

Golf Ball:
Tour B330 RX

6.5, you man!

I am just compensating for my lack of....

He brings it!!! Man.... should I shaft my wedges with the same shaft as my iron (just weaker flex)??? HMMMMM lol

haha. This is going to be an interesting experiment. I figured that most shots would not be full with my wedges, but some of them would be getting close to full. Hopefully this works out. I have always played wedge flex and I wonder how this will be different.

And the exact one I went with. Could have sworn I would not have done the black oxide but after having Freddie's in the bag, I just fell in love with that worn finish.

Now I need to get them and let them soak in water for a week. :act-up: ha
Yeah buddy, the Black Oxide is such a good looking wedge.

Nice setups all around guys!

Very nice TourMex! Look at all the black oxide love, me likey.

very nice Marcs! Sorry to see no Modus love though

Irons:
Standard lie, 1* strong on all irons, with Project X 5.5 (non flighted) Soft stepped 1x

Wedges:

Golf Ball:
Tour B330 RX
You straight up rock bro, that's all there is to it man.

Irons:

Wedges:

Golf Ball:
Tour B330 RX

Looks good Tmex. I was tempted to go with the non-flighted PX but went with the familiar to me KBS. I appreciate you testing out the Modus which in the end kept me away from them as I don't think that would have ended well for me.

Back