The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012 THP Demo Day

Angry at myself for not hitting more clubs. I went into it saying pace yourself, discuss the clubs with others, take some onto the practice holes. Well, I did all of those things successfully.

And then between the contests, lunch, and rain shutting us down a few hours early - I felt like I did not hit NEARLY enough stuff.

I have realized over the last few days that for several of the OEM's I did not hit ANY of their clubs. I did not even realize the unreleased CMB's were there. I got to spend virtually no times with putters or wedges.

This was all within my control but my plan was very flawed. To THP and the OEM's, I apologize and I will definitely take a different approach at the next opportunity.

That happens, Cookie. Especially when you are there the first time. There's all kinds of things I didn't hit and I spent more time on the range this year than ever before.

2012 THP Demo Day

Angry at myself for not hitting more clubs. I went into it saying pace yourself, discuss the clubs with others, take some onto the practice holes. Well, I did all of those things successfully.

And then between the contests, lunch, and rain shutting us down a few hours early - I felt like I did not hit NEARLY enough stuff.

I have realized over the last few days that for several of the OEM's I did not hit ANY of their clubs. I did not even realize the unreleased CMB's were there. I got to spend virtually no times with putters or wedges.

This was all within my control but my plan was very flawed. To THP and the OEM's, I apologize and I will definitely take a different approach at the next opportunity.

Cookie, there is no way to hit everything that is out there regardless of approach. I did pick up a couple items at the end, just so that I could say something in a couple of threads, but there have been all sorts of items (even from the major OEMS) that I just forgot about trying to hit. As I said somewhere, there was so much stuff there, that I removed plastic from a couple of clubs well after lunch.

I saw the CMBs, but didn't realize they were pre-release. I think that all that can be legitimately asked is that everyone come in and post about whatever they hit...but even that has been a struggle after every past outing.

Angry at myself for not hitting more clubs. - I felt like I did not hit NEARLY enough stuff.
I feel the same way. I felt like we lost a fair amount of time in the contests, which, don't get me wrong, were AWESOME, but like during the short drive contest, I just wanted to keep hitting demos, knowing I'd totally suck at that contest. The rain did stink things up pretty good. I managed to put a few strokes on a few different putters, though but sitting here now, I realize I didn't hit a few things I had my eyes on.

i was in the midst of mowing the back yard when tropical storm beryl hit full on lol
now its underwater... guess ill mow again in a few days

Cookie, there is no way to hit everything that is out there regardless of approach. I did pick up a couple items at the end, just so that I could say something in a couple of threads, but there have been all sorts of items (even from the major OEMS) that I just forgot about trying to hit. As I said somewhere, there was so much stuff there, that I removed plastic from a couple of clubs well after lunch.

I saw the CMBs, but didn't realize they were pre-release. I think that all that can be legitimately asked is that everyone come in and post about whatever they hit...but even that has been a struggle after every past outing.

Yeah, I definitely realize I could not hit everything but I definitely could have hit quite a bit more than I did. Just wanting to make sure I gave a club 5 or 6 swings before recording my assessment......just wish I would have been a bit more aggressive so to speak in trying things out. At next opportunity, I will make it a point to at least try and hit something from EVERY different OEM in addition to trying the "must hits" that are captured in advance.

First time doing this.....definitely learned some stuff about how to better approach.

I am with you guys, Cookie, T0ad and AD, I feel now I missed quite a few clubs while at the demo day but like AD says it is virtually impossible to hit everything available at the range. Somehow each year the putters have gotten the short end of the stick so to speak with me and I have not gotten to explore them at all. All you can do is put the best comments and reviews you can about what you did hit and remember next year (if you do go) what happened and you want to work through a few more clubs. It is tough task to do, no doubt about it!!!

I posted this in the pet peeve section and got so worked up over it, I thought I would share it in here, where it really belongs.
Here is my rant for the day...

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves in golf is having to watch my wife hit from the "ladies/front" tees boxes that are NEVER EVER level !!
It doesn't seem to matter where we play golf, whether it's here at home, another state, hell even last week in Mexico, NONE of the forward tee boxes are level.
Sure....the white, blue and tip are all flat and smooth as a babies behind, but go forward and it's a whole different story.
Humps....bumps....dips....slopes....come on designers/greens keepers...pull your heads out and get those forward tees just as flat as the rest !!

That sucks i hate crappy course maintenance!

i was in the midst of mowing the back yard when tropical storm beryl hit full on lol
now its underwater... guess ill mow again in a few days

Dang and I thought I had problems with my lawn, no water cause of the drought!

I hope you are ok and that it doesn't get too bad!

Being LAST to receive all of my equipment. Means that one month later peoples interest in the equipment is NO MAS. Therefor any work put into vids, pic, feedback is overlooked as well.

Being LAST to receive all of my equipment. Means that one month later peoples interest in the equipment is NO MAS. Therefor any work put into vids, pic, feedback is overlooked as well.

I am still interested!

2012 THP Demo Day

I feel the same way. I hit a bunch of clubs, but not enough. The ones I liked, I wrote a lot of notes. If I was indifferent, I only scribbled a few notes since I was only hitting it ok and couldn't always tell if it was me or it. Total rookie mistake move.

Hope that is not the case. Just got my wood & hybrids last week upon return from FL so I am just getting started on the feedback. Join me in the process!

I am still interested!

hahaha, thanks pal

Hope that is not the case. Just got my wood & hybrids last week upon return from FL so I am just getting started on the feedback. Join me in the process!

you know what i mean bro, I wasnt being literal.

You righties are such a spoiled bunch. The demo day feedback has been great from some. It is appreciated.

You righties are such a spoiled bunch. The demo day feedback has been great from some. It is appreciated.
I wish there was more. I really expected more in the W/S thread, a lot of folks were raving about that equipment.

I wish there was more. I really expected more in the W/S thread, a lot of folks were raving about that equipment.

It's to be expected man. What a pity.

I've been sick as a dog since last night. Keeping me away from THP. Not sure what the heck got in to me, but it hasn't been pretty.

Being sick blows. Is it a two-ender deano?

Sorry to hear it Dean. I hate being sick. It kills so much time when I could be doing better things.

Woke up at 3:30, caught two planes and then drove 3 hours to get to the site only to find that the company we are working with screwed up the equipment.

The good news is that this MarkAwesome Bell (Taco Bell) has a Diet Mt. Dew button!

c6e4e3e8-6892-4746.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dang and I thought I had problems with my lawn, no water cause of the drought!

I hope you are ok and that it doesn't get too bad!
im good but i have a redneck swimming pool in my back yard now hahaha

im good but i have a redneck swimming pool in my back yard now hahaha

That's awesome haha, "you might be a redneck if you have a redneck swimming pool in your yard"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back