The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played in a scramble this afternoon. It's was at a course I haven't played in about 10 years. When we got there, we realized they were putting 2 four-man teams together on each tee (and I don't mean one tee off and then when they get out of the way, the next group tees off. We played 8 man groups all the way through.) After the first four hours of the tournament, I started losing interest and couldn't focus on the round. It took about 6 1/2 hours to finish. That definitely took all the fun out of it. I absolutely can't stand playing in anything that lasts that long. I had intended on playing it and then coming back to my home course and playing another round with a couple of friends, but after the tournament was over, we didn't have time to play. Feels like a waste of a day.

I am playing in a tournament next week that does the same thing, and has for as long as I remember. It's a benefit tournament and the turn out is always off the charts, so, it kind of makes sense. And as Smalls said, it can help keep the cheating to a minimum. Though this year, they set it up so you could play with another team upon request. I am waiting to see how that goes. But 6 and a half hours? Yikes! I think the most I have spent out there was 5 and a half.

Though my wrist problems were taken care of and I didnt even make it off ghe range this morning. I need a career change before my body is completely useless.

Somewhat off topic but how long do your cortisone shots typically last for?

--
Tapatalk2

Somewhat off topic but how long do your cortisone shots typically last for?

--
Tapatalk2

I had one for bursitis of the shoulder about 6 years ago and haven't had a problem since. My right wrist was injected about a year ago and so far so good. Left wrist? Not so much.

I had one for bursitis of the shoulder about 6 years ago and haven't had a problem since. My right wrist was injected about a year ago and so far so good. Left wrist? Not so much.

Darn. I had one in my right knee Thursday and it wore off mid midday today. I was hoping they lasted longer.

--
Tapatalk2

Darn. I had one in my right knee Thursday and it wore off mid midday today. I was hoping they lasted longer.

--
Tapatalk2

The cortisone doesn't wear off. It just contains the swelling of the affecfed area. Something else is causing the problem if the pain is back. Same thing with my wrist.

The cortisone doesn't wear off. It just contains the swelling of the affecfed area. Something else is causing the problem if the pain is back. Same thing with my wrist.

Hmm, it was a hopeful fix according to the orthopedist since xrays and MRI came back clean. Oh well it was a nice pain free 48 hours.

--
Tapatalk2

Hmm, it was a hopeful fix according to the orthopedist since xrays and MRI came back clean. Oh well it was a nice pain free 48 hours.

--
Tapatalk2

He also might have missed some. I know mh orthopod says you have to be extremely accurate. Good luck bro I hope it works out for you. I hate dealing with this pain.

Best friends of 22 years' Dad just passed from 2 years of battling mouth and throat Cancer, and I'm 3,000 miles away. Just a terrible feeling.

If you Canadians are gonna talk about our states, you have to learn how to spell them.:devil:

Said by someone in Castorland. You might as well be from Toronto :alien:

Best friends of 22 years' Dad just passed from 2 years of battling mouth and throat Cancer, and I'm 3,000 miles away. Just a terrible feeling.

Sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you.

On a much lighter note: some people don't have a good idea of what merits starting a new thread on here.

Thanks, Ary.

On a much lighter note: some people don't have a good idea of what merits starting a new thread on here.

Sorry, man. I try my best.

Kevin

Toddlers on a plane, right behind me. They cried the entire freaking flight at blood curdling levels. Jesus freakin Christ, why would you do that to yourself, your kids, and everyone else on the flight?

Fixed, I think.

Nicki Minaj drives me in freaking sane!

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Who puts fairway bunkers in the middle of the fairway? Seriously?!? Riverside GC in Menominee, thats who. A perfectly good drive right down the middle is rewarded with one of three, yes three, large bunkers (the last two of which are not visible from the tee), starting around 240 and going to around 280. That's just mean! Stupid layout

Who puts fairway bunkers in the middle of the fairway? Seriously?!? Riverside GC in Menominee, thats who. A perfectly good drive right down the middle is rewarded with one of three, yes three, large bunkers (the last two of which are not visible from the tee), starting around 240 and going to around 280. That's just mean! Stupid layout

Haha its the designer daring you to hit driver. Risk reward man.

--
Tapatalk2

I love that kind of thing... but I agree they shouldn't be blind in the middle of the FW.

I heart

ballerina-troll.jpg

One course near me has this right around 280 down the middle I aim left now and usually have a better approach from that side. It really sucks cause you can't see it from the tee box

Been having problems getting on THP all day. First started around 11 where idk even know what was going on! It just had like an error page I've never seen before. Went away after an hour or so. Than just lately everytime I typed in www.thehackersparadise.com I was redirected by my router to their search function. So finally I went in to my router settings an turned off their search function or something. I don't even know but i'm finally back!

OMFG!!!! Its doing it again for other sites now.:angry:

Haha its the designer daring you to hit driver. Risk reward man.

--
Tapatalk2

More risk than reward, just have to lay up next time with an iron I guess. I can't clear them.

I love that kind of thing... but I agree they shouldn't be blind in the middle of the FW.

It's an easy hole actually at 326, just whining because my best drive, pretty much my only good drive, of the day ended up in a bunker.

One course near me has this right around 280 down the middle I aim left now and usually have a better approach from that side. It really sucks cause you can't see it from the tee box

Aiming doesn't realistically come into play on this hole as the bunkers cover 90% of the fairway, leaving maybe 5 yards to the left for a landing zone. Any farther left and you're in the woods. I'll have to take a picture of it, it's ridiculous.

More risk than reward, just have to lay up next time with an iron I guess. I can't clear them.

It's an easy hole actually at 326, just whining because my best drive, pretty much my only good drive, of the day ended up in a bunker.

Aiming doesn't realistically come into play on this hole as the bunkers cover 90% of the fairway, leaving maybe 5 yards to the left for a landing zone. Any farther left and you're in the woods. I'll have to take a picture of it, it's ridiculous.

i meant i aim for the rough to the left. i can't hit the fairway the bunker takes up the whole fairway at that spot. it is stupid. and its the first hole which also sucks

This guy omega is getting on my F***ing nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back