Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade ATV Wedges

I think i'll have to pass on this. Great opportunity and I would love to test these wedges but a 56* is just an odd degree for me and my gappings. I have never gamed a 56* nor do I own one to compare it to. Looking forward to the reviews as I am seriously pondering these.

1. What wedges do you currently play?

Reed Lockhart 52 & 56. An old variable sole design by Terry Koehler.

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge?

No, I have not.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design?

I am going to replace my current wedges soon. An all terrain wedge has worked for me in the past and is at the top of list for my next wedges. I like "knowing" my equipment is RIGHT for me on any day and for any course conditions. I look forward to testing these wedges in a variety of conditions.

If they help me to hit my courses postage stamp sized greens then they will be in my bag a long time.

4. RH or LH?

RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member?

Yes I read THP regularly and comment onthe topics that
excite me.

Thank you for considering me for this opportunity.

John

I think i'll have to pass on this. Great opportunity and I would love to test these wedges but a 56* is just an odd degree for me and my gappings. I have never gamed a 56* nor do I own one to compare it to. Looking forward to the reviews as I am seriously pondering these.
You would be reviewing the wedge, not the loft (spin, turf interaction, etc). Could also bend it 1* strong to match your current wedge of 55*.

Yea, I need a 54* really fix my gaps. A 56* is probably the most versatile but I'd rather have a degree that I have/need to give my best review. Any idea how it would work bending this wedge anyway with the sole? Wouldn't this kinda mess it up?

Yea, I need a 54* really fix my gaps. A 56* is probably the most versatile but I'd rather have a degree that I have/need to give my best review. Any idea how it would work bending this wedge anyway with the sole? Wouldn't this kinda mess it up?
Well, I dont see it affecting the bounce, cause technically there is no bounce. I dont think bending it would affect it.

56* wedge will be sent out.

Oooooh, well that makes things interesting. I love my Titleist 56* wedge, but it certainly has limitations on what it can do. I really need to get out to the range and try the ATV wedge out again from different lies.

~Rock

Good luck to all those that applied. These wedges are very intriguing, I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts.

56° aye? SHWEET! i love my 56, i use it for almost every shot around the green, except for sand traps... other than that, i love mine and use it very often, so if i do get selected, it'd show just how truly multi-soled the atv is..

what do you use for sand traps? I normally use a 56*, but on occassion I'll go for a 60* if I really need to get it up and out.

what do you use for sand traps? I normally use a 56*, but on occassion I'll go for a 60* if I really need to get it up and out.

60 all the way! especially since during my last round, i drained one from the trap for birdie on a par three. although i do use 56 when the pin isn't too high, and more than like 25 ft away..
well i guess i do use 56 for the traps.. like half of the time, lol..

1. Ping iWedges (50*, 56*) with a special grind for hardpan/tightlies (done by PingWRX). I used to play a number of other wedges (Titleist Vokeys, Cleveland wedges, Mizuno wedges, etc.).
2. No but I would like to.
3. Looks interesting but I'm not entirely sure how versatile it will be.
4. RH
5. Yes, I do consider myself an active THP member. I think I would make a great tester because I have routinely demonstrated that I am nothing but completely honest about my opinions. I will not pull any punches nor sugarcoat any shortcomings I should find about these wedges.

The beauty of these wedges is how versatile they are. A 56* can be used in so many different capacities and produce different shots

The beauty of these wedges is how versatile they are. A 56* can be used in so many different capacities and produce different shots

And with the relative bounce to each shot, almost ay shot can be performed with it. . .at least that's what they advertise haha

first off i just want to say how awesome this site continues to be and how awesome i think it is for people like us to have chances to try new equipment and read about others expierence. thanks THP and TaylorMade!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52,56 and 60

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? no but i have gamed the older taylormade wedges in the past
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? i feel like its a great feature to have on a wedge. almost to promote the same if not more spin with a different amount of bounce. but then again all the new technological "breakthroughs" could just be sales pitches
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? i would, yes. i have tapatalk on my phone and im always checking in on whats going on with the forums. i do more reading then posting in most cases but there have been a few threads i have been very active with.

I spend way too much time and effort picking the best wedge for the shot type and ball position. These really have my imagination stoked at how versatile they will be and how many different shots I can pull off with the same club.

1. What wedges do you currently play?
Combination of Callaway JAWS for the higher lofts for the C-sole and Scratch for the lower lofts.

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge?
No.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design?
I am intrigued. I would like to know how they integrated the sole design to supposedly complete all the various shots that people bag 4-5 different wedges for. I would love to see the results for myself. I'm not entirely sold.

4. RH or LH?
RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member?
Yes. I'm on daily, whether posting or reading, since my registration earlier this year.

1. What wedges do you currently play? - TM XTP 50*, 56*, 60*
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Hit the 56* at the range, but full shots only maybe 10, had a nice feel to it, looks thick on the top line at address
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? To look at it is a little strange, the info on this site speaks to the reasons behind it, which make sense on paper.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I am an active member

Alright I decided I cannot pass up this opportunity. Now that I think about it, due to the fact that I never use a 56* so for me to do the work of a 54 and a 58 with one wedge really would test the wedges versatility. So here we go!
1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland CG15
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No but I really really want to. I think I may a trip out to the pro shop just to try these, ok and maybe a driver, and I guess maybe a... just kidding
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I think it's ingenious. I really am anxious to see how it works, will it lay low on the tight lies? Will it not dig in the wet grass? A wedge that could do all this seems almost to good to be. Today in my round I really noticed "wow if only this wedge had a low bounce... or if i had an ATV!
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider your self an active member on THP? Most definitely.

Wedges are very invaluable, and TaylorMade has taken them in a direction, that is certainly off the beaten path. As I work to dial in my with my approach game, I find I’m still missing a lot of greens. That has me leaning very hard on a pair of Cleveland CG 15s to help me get up and down. If the new sole design only delivers half of what it’s being marketed for, that still puts the ATV’s in a very distinct position. The sole may not be much to look at, but it instill confidence at setup, and that is priceless.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland Golf – “CG 15s” 52* / 10* bounce and a 56* / 16* bounce

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No. I tried to get out today after listening to the THP interview but a mixture of weather and home happenings kept me indoors. I plan on heading to my local golf shop (Edwin Watts) this week to give them an in-person look over.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Innovation means breaking the mold on the way we’ve done things done in the past. Certainly, TaylorMade will be refining these wedges in the years to come – provided they make it through the first year or so of production. Once you’re behind the ball and your setup for execution, there’s only one thing that matters -- how it performs.

The new sole design is not that radically different that it would be unbearable to carry. Thinking back to when they started making mallet putters with the two and three ‘ball’ alignment aids. Those particular putters have departed radically from what the putter of old used to look like. However, they perform – and many tour players have adopted them. Which reinforces the concept – looks aren’t everything….

4. RH or LH? RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I’ve typically done more reading than posting in the past. The community is great and I have been coming back more and more.

1: king cobra II pw, sw, gw, lw. Looking to update my equipment
2: I have nit played them yet
3: it looks very attraive and looks like it would cut through thick rouugh
4: rh
5: just signed up but I have OCD so I will be I am sure.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Titleist vokey design chrome
2. Have you tried out the new ATV wedge? I have not, saw them at golfsmith in The Woodlands though. Love the look.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? It looks creative and a change from the traditional sole used by Titleist, Cleveland etc...
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I'm a newbie and an addict. Got it on my phone and home page on the computer. I would love to have the opportunity to test a product and become even more involved with the forum community.

Bump for those that have not submitted their info yet. I believe JB said today was the day.

Back