What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
46, 43 for an 89 at league today. Couldn't get off the tee today but chipped and putted well. Got to figure out the driver.

Shot 80 (+10, 39-41) at Cuscowilla Golf Course at Lake Oconee, GA. Three doubles, two of them on the only two par 5s on the course. Incredibly frustrating to do that. Otherwise, played pretty well. I've been striking it better lately, the scoring has got to come around sooner or later.

Either way, 10 over when I should be working is a good day.

84 today, 44/40. 31 putts which included a chip in on the first hole. Six pars, no birdies, 10 bogeys. Worst hole was two doubles, no bad blow up holes.

Shot 80 (+10, 39-41) at Cuscowilla Golf Course at Lake Oconee, GA. Three doubles, two of them on the only two par 5s on the course. Incredibly frustrating to do that. Otherwise, played pretty well. I've been striking it better lately, the scoring has got to come around sooner or later.

Either way, 10 over when I should be working is a good day.

That is a great score on that course, I always seem to have a blow up hole or two over there. WTG.

I shot 82 yesterday, 42,40. Great ball striking day but really weak putting. Today was bad. Shot 86, 44,42. I was playing today trying to take my mind off of a significant life decision that I must make in the next several days (financial, not life and death). But, it worked in reverse. I couldn't concentrate on golf very well at all. Luckily, it was a casual round with a couple of buds, no bets, no partners to worry about. So, no harm. Tomorrow is another day.

75....+4...36/39

Full Score
Hole123456789Total
Par43544543436
icoInformation.gif

Score
icoInformation.gif

# Putts
icoInformation.gif

Hit Fairway
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
icoInformation.gif

Hit Green in Reg.
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
Yardage3001365414464155333971403013209

Was a frustrating, up and down round. Had a water hazard penalty (310 yds from the tee box, wow!), and chunk 50yd flop that I want back. Ah well, **** happens.

Positive note, I put new inserts into my golf shoes and my lower back is not sore anymore! I thought for sure it was sore because I was carrying a 40lb golf bag for 2.5hrs+. This is great.

77. 39/38, +5.

Jeckyll and Hyde round. 5 birdies but I also had 3 penalties off the tee contributing to a quad and two doubles. Sheesh.

77. 39/38, +5.

Jeckyll and Hyde round. 5 birdies but I also had 3 penalties off the tee contributing to a quad and two doubles. Sheesh.
I feel for ya. Only 2 weeks ago I played a 138 slope course and shot a 82. Kicker? I lost 6 balls due to water, OB, or whatever else. Man... what could have been...

I feel for ya. Only 2 weeks ago I played a 138 slope course and shot a 82. Kicker? I lost 6 balls due to water, OB, or whatever else. Man... what could have been...

Wow, yeah... that hurts. Went through something similar about 10 years ago. Kiawah Island Ocean Course, we played the only back tees they'd laid out (the farthest back they'd let us anyway, the Tournament tees were a no-go) at about 6,800 yards. If memory serves, it had the same 138 slope...

I shot an 81 with 7 penalties off the tee. But the kicker is, I wasn't crooked at all. I was dead-money straight. Our forecaddie would give me a line off the tee, I'd invariably hit it only to find that I must've hit through the fairway... lost ball.

At the end of the round, as is customary, you tip the forecaddie. Ours, "Dean," was a great guy yet he refused to take my tip. In his words, "in relation to handicap, you struck the ball better than anyone I've ever seen. I let you down today, should've been a career round."

I was humbly flattered but he was right in that it should've been a special score. My low at the time was 75 and I should've surpassed it. No matter, I had a great time and the round was free! :smile:

Shot a so so 43 on 9. The entire course with mounds on both sides of the fairway so if you miss a fairway your left hitting off of some extremely ridiculous slopes.this garnered me a few extra strokes.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Three rounds to post.

Course rating 69.5/131 @ 6112 yards.
83 (42/41) Monday.

Course rating 70.5/124 @ 6401 yards.
81 (41/40) this morning.

Course rating 70.5/130 @ 6363 yards.
89 (41/48) this afternoon. Feeling good up till the 12th before I blewtip with a triple on a Par 3. The blisters on me feet started to kill my game, not too smart choosing today to break in new shoes. Walking and carrying 36 holes sure isn't as fun as I remembered it to be when I was a teenager... All in all, a great ball striking round today despite not being able to finish strong. Found it difficult to get good reads on my putts playing 2 different courses on the same day since the speed was significantly slower on the latter.

Last edited:
Well first of all, I want to thank everyone here at THP for making this such a fun place to be around. I really don't think i would have gotten so much into golf if it wasn't for THP. Many of you already know i played Hockey all my life and do to my back injury i had to call that career quits. This is my second year ever playing Golf and my H/C as of now is a 11.4. Today i went and played a local par 70 golf course. And i am very excited and proud to say i shot a 2 under! I shot 1 under on both 9's i am so happy right now, i can't sleep!!

The first 9 i ended up with 1 birdie and all pars, and the second 9 i went 10 to 14 with pars then bogey, birdie on 15 and 16 and until the 18th i made a 12 footer for the last birdie! It was pitch black out to and the greens were really wet from the moister from it being 100 out all day. I had a right to left that broke about 3 balls and it hit the far left lip and did a half roll then bluped in backwards. I couldn't tell you how high i jumped but im guessing it was pretty impressive!

Right now I'm just on cloud nine! I have all the balls marked with marker which i'll keep on my desk for a long time!

Well first of all, I want to thank everyone here at THP for making this such a fun place to be around. I really don't think i would have gotten so much into golf if it wasn't for THP. Many of you already know i played Hockey all my life and do to my back injury i had to call that career quits. This is my second year ever playing Golf and my H/C as of now is a 11.4. Today i went and played a local par 70 golf course. And i am very excited and proud to say i shot a 2 under! I shot 1 under on both 9's i am so happy right now, i can't sleep!!

The first 9 i ended up with 1 birdie and all pars, and the second 9 i went 10 to 14 with pars then bogey, birdie on 15 and 16 and until the 18th i made a 12 footer for the last birdie! It was pitch black out to and the greens were really wet from the moister from it being 100 out all day. I had a right to left that broke about 3 balls and it hit the far left lip and did a half roll then bluped in backwards. I couldn't tell you how high i jumped but im guessing it was pretty impressive!

Right now I'm just on cloud nine! I have all the balls marked with marker which i'll keep on my desk for a long time!

That is awesome! Congrats!

Great round DB, well done man!

congrats on the round DB!

Thanks guys I appreciate it! I can tell you I could not sleep last night, I think i was running on all cylinders

An absolute nasty of a round for me! 7:15 am teetime (not my best time of day) and my most loathed course (Country View, Lancaster TX) because all greens are elevated and run down into yuck.

Red tees - 4686 yds, 68.2/113, par 70

+32 on front, +32 on back for a total of 134. Sucked like a Hoover my friends :(

Congrats to DB on a great round.

Today I shot 41/38=79 at Twin City Country Club. Used 32 putts after three putting the first green to start the day, it made me realize just how fast the greens were so no more 3 putts. 71.4% fairways hit and 50% GIR. One double, one birdie so a good day with three different buddies than yesterday.

Played 9, shot +7. The first 5 holes were a disaster, as I was +6 thru 5. I par'd 6, bogeyed 7, and par'd 8 and 9! Had a great finish, and was really stroking my irons!

Sort of struggled but still ended up with 44 on the harder side of the course.

Posted via tapatalk

Sort of struggled but still ended up with 44 on the harder side of the course.

Posted via tapatalk

Thatta boy. Without the struggle, that's a 38/39, easy!

It was because of good thinking and the wedges but I will take it. Can't be on every day!

Posted via tapatalk

Nice round Hawk, sometimes its hard to imagine but you can't hit every ball well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back