What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a +5 today (9 holes) at Elmwood. One of my better rounds of the year. I'm really starting to stroke my irons, and I haven't taken my driver out of the bag in 2 rounds.

A little birdie just told me how Smally did today, lol.

Personal Best, by THREE SHOTS!

a187d2fd.jpg

Congrats Smalls that's a great round.

Shot an 89 today, 48/41 with with 5 FIR, 4 GIR and 31 putts. Had 3 sand shots and 3 penalties to complete the fun. Played like crap the front 9 by myself and when I joined up with a twosome on 10 I rattled off 3 straight GIR's and par's. I seem to be my own worse enemy.

Nice work smalls!! Do you write on the ball every time you get a PB?

Congrats Smalls, that is awesome man!! Peaking just in time by the looks of it.

I played 9 and shot a blah 41 - nothing great, several bad tee shots. 3 birdie runs from about 25 feet but nothing fell.

Nice work smalls!! Do you write on the ball every time you get a PB?

I just started! I did it with my 82, and my first 39 for nine.

Nice job Smalls. Your first time breaking 80 too? Great!

Well done, Smalls! How does it feel breaking 80? I know it was a wonderful feeling.

Tapping from my S3

Congrats Smalls......must feel good. Team THP repping lately.

Yay Smalls! Im proud of you dude.

Also, hell of a back nine, Kmac!

I shot 79, but it was on a par 66. Suspect putting definitely didn't help my cause.

Posted via tapatalk

Dang two 79's today haha, thanks Hawk.

Mine definitely has an asterisk.

Posted via tapatalk

41-47 for 88. Played one of the toughest courses around here and it ate my lunch on the back nine. Maybe I'm trying to shoot bad rounds to downplay expectations for next week. I wish I was like the team THP guys that are breaking 80 like it's no big deal.

I did spend an hour at the range after the round because I was so frustrated, and found some things with my swing, hopefully that can carry over to my round on Thursday.

Don't sweat it Amol, you will be fine man. We all have those days where it just does not get going or get into a bad string of holes.

Jeez, today was a "back to reality" day for me too. Really fought it hard off the tee for the first 7 holes or so before I got into a rhythm. Ended up 4 over through the first 6 holes and stayed there to go out in 40. Got it somewhat clicking on the back for a 36. Funny that I'm disappointed with a 76, LOL

Great shooting smalls, hawk, and Kmac! Good job guys.

41-47 for 88. Played one of the toughest courses around here and it ate my lunch on the back nine. Maybe I'm trying to shoot bad rounds to downplay expectations for next week. I wish I was like the team THP guys that are breaking 80 like it's no big deal.

I did spend an hour at the range after the round because I was so frustrated, and found some things with my swing, hopefully that can carry over to my round on Thursday.

I know most of the courses you play are pretty darn difficult. Your game travels well and I have no doubt you will be sharp next week.

ScreenShot2012-07-17at11542PM.png

i still cant believe this happened. i just shot my first even par round EVER. it was the best I've ever shot. 2 birdies, one eagle(it was a tap in, literally less than a putter lengths away.) and 4 bogeys. my driving was good, irons were good, and putting was good. it was only the second time i played this course too. hoping for more even par or better rounds to come. I'm still excited.

Very nice! Congrats!

Thanks everyone! The feeling was unreal. And I had to make an 8 footer on 18 to get it. I was so pumped up, and I think I set a record with 12 or 13 fist pumps today! I only had one birdie today, but I lipped out two others. I'm still on cloud nine!

Jeez, today was a "back to reality" day for me too. Really fought it hard off the tee for the first 7 holes or so before I got into a rhythm. Ended up 4 over through the first 6 holes and stayed there to go out in 40. Got it somewhat clicking on the back for a 36. Funny that I'm disappointed with a 76, LOL

Nothing wrong with being disappointed with a 76, you know your potential and expect better.

Nice job turning it around after 6.

Good recovery, that is pretty tough to do sometimes, getting it together after a rough start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back