The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a fortune on energy drinks, beers, and gatorade's.

I still don't feel 100% and may have a slight cold.

Some did get it done for free. The thing is, Callaway does not own the Callaway Performance Centers and cannot tell them what to do. Either way, what I got for $100 was worth a lot more than that. I think I got some extra because of the Morgan Cup that their normal fittings don't cover.

Just a thought and I am basing this on what we are talking about here. Have you guys discussed your personal costs in any of the Morgan Cup threads? Or is there a thread of its own? I am throwing that out there, because a lot of people (myself included) would find that information VERY helpful in regards to whether we want to pursue a spot in the Morgan Cup. I know TC didn't attend the outing this year because of his role on the Morgan Cup, and unfortunately, that is going to be a position I probably find myself in and I am assuming some others as well, choosing between the two. Me personally, I prefer to earn my stripes through attending the 2013 Demo Outing and going from there. But, if people thought there might be a way they could swing BOTH trips and knew what was included, what wasn't and they could ballpark an estimate into what is going to personally cost to do the Morgan Cup, it might help a lot.

Similar in that you have ample time to set money aside. I could've done it for cheaper by coming in later and leaving earlier but I wanted to maximize my experience. Food was cheap, I think I may have spent a hundy total and 45 of that was Sunday night.

--
Tapatalk2

You have a lifetime to be economical and make wise financial decisions. Once in a lifetime experiences aren't one of those times to think like that.

I spent a fortune on energy drinks, beers, and gatorade's.
Me too, dude. Me too. I dont think I have ever drank as much Gatorade as I did last weekend.

I slept until 10 AM yesterday which was 11 AM Morgan Cup time, and also took a two hour "nap" this afternoon.

Golf on Wednesday and Thursday is out of pocket?

1200-1500 is nothing for the experience.. The clubs alone are more than that (not that this is what the event is for) just making a comparison.

Gas won't be a ton if I can carpool. And I just won't eat. Maybe once a day. And I wouldn't drink alcohol, so that's good.

You can't not eat man, especially if you're a player!

You'd drop from exhaustion,not be able to play well (or work if you're a volunteer).
You have to be smart about these things - smart about time and your health.

Just a thought and I am basing this on what we are talking about here. Have you guys discussed your personal costs in any of the Morgan Cup threads? Or is there a thread of its own? I am throwing that out there, because a lot of people (myself included) would find that information VERY helpful in regards to whether we want to pursue a spot in the Morgan Cup. I know TC didn't attend the outing this year because of his role on the Morgan Cup, and unfortunately, that is going to be a position I probably find myself in and I am assuming some others as well, choosing between the two. Me personally, I prefer to earn my stripes through attending the 2013 Demo Outing and going from there. But, if people thought there might be a way they could swing BOTH trips and knew what was included, what wasn't and they could ballpark an estimate into what is going to personally cost to do the Morgan Cup, it might help a lot.
I don't think there is a thread, but I wouldn't have any issue talking about what it cost. For what you get it's a bargain, but it still isn't inexpensive (at least to me).

Golf on Wednesday and Thursday is out of pocket?

1200-1500 is nothing for the experience.. The clubs alone are more than that (not that this is what the event is for) just making a comparison.

Yes it is.

You'd drop from exhaustion,not be able to play well (or work if you're a volunteer).

Exactly. Anyone who says they won't buy drinks or food is nuts. You can't do that in those conditions. It's impossible. The villas can be cheaper if you show up later and leave earlier, but what's the fun in that?

If that's what it takes to make it to The Morgan Cup, it may have to be done. :D

If that's what it takes to make it to The Morgan Cup, it may have to be done. :D

You literally would pass out dude. Just start saving money now.

Hell yes, Hurt Locker is on FX. Damn good movie.

I don't think there is a thread, but I wouldn't have any issue talking about what it cost. For what you get it's a bargain, but it still isn't inexpensive (at least to me).

Right on, Smalls. I may start a thread on that, just for personal curiosity and so others can see what it would take out of their own pocket to make this commitment to THP and The Morgan Cup 2013. In a perfect world, we could all swing it and not worry about it. I think putting that information out front, so people know what to expect cost wise, would make it easier getting a nice base of people genuinely interested in participating.

I spent a little 2k for the first, but had my own condo at Reunion. 3 practice rounds, food, flight, chipped in for booze and beer for the boys, and had a rental car. Cigarettes are cheaper in FL which was nice.

Kevin

I still don't feel 100% and may have a slight cold.

I blame chunky. I've been hacking up junk since last night and I've got this dry cough that's annoying the crap out of me. I think its mostly depression about not hearing Jake be Jake.

--
Tapatalk2

You literally would pass out dude. Just start saving money now.

I know, I was joking. I'd also probably bring a lot of drinks from home to save some money. I'm assuming the villas have a fridge to put stuff in.

I know, I was joking. I'd also probably bring a lot of drinks from home to save some money. I'm assuming the villas have a fridge to put stuff in.

They do, but you can't take them on the course. They don't like that.

I spent a little 2k for the first, but had my own condo at Reunion. 3 practice rounds, food, flight, chipped in for booze and beer for the boys, and had a rental car. Cigarettes are cheaper in FL which was nice.

Kevin

I'm sold! LOL. I don't drink much, so I could probably cut my drinking expense in half from the rest of you boys.

I guess I would save a lot on the drinks: No alcohol for me if I went, lol.

I'm sold! LOL. I don't drink much, so I could probably cut my drinking expense in half from the rest of you boys.

I didn't drink at all but bought a couple cases so I could live vicariously. There was a nice dude in the first one, CG13, and I gave him some money for how hard he worked on this big meal. He was a good guy.

Kevin

They do, but you can't take them on the course. They don't like that.

Huh. Time to start saving I guess.

I forget... How old are you D.? I remember Iceman is a youngster, but I can't remember where you are on the old age ruler.

If you're a minor, there might be issue with you as an unsupervised minor.

I forget... How old are you D.? I remember Iceman is a youngster, but I can't remember where you are on the old age ruler.

If you're a minor, there might be issue with you as an unsupervised minor.

I'm 18. Young, but not a minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back