TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

Ive given some thought to getting the ATV in GW loft here lately. Its a very serious ponder at this point as I really do enjoy the turf interaction of the ATV. I think it would make for a more versatile GW then my set GW.

Ive given some thought to getting the ATV in GW loft here lately. Its a very serious ponder at this point as I really do enjoy the turf interaction of the ATV. I think it would make for a more versatile GW then my set GW.

Do it Kmac! A serious golfer like yourself would really benefit from that 50*

Im thinking of going 50*/56*, a two wedge setup with the ATVs. I think it would cover just about every shot.

Also, that would make me more like Frank.

This is something I've been thinking for a few week,my xFT 52 has gone into survival mode and is performing better than ever so it will stay in the bag, I love the ATV 56 but for some reason the 52 xFT has been taking care of me-but I must admit the ATV is way more forgiving in a sense and is easier from many lies since I use the xFT mainly for longer approach shots since I have problems with the ATV sometimes on that end

Im thinking of going 50*/56*, a two wedge setup with the ATVs. I think it would cover just about every shot.

That sounds like a great set up, FrankA is an Ok guy!

I may get the 50 instead of a 52 since my set up used to be 52, 58 and is now 52 56, a 50 56 may be a bit better for mew too

Do it Kmac! A serious golfer like yourself would really benefit from that 50*

Id rep you but I cant.

Triple ding. I think it makes sense too. Ive found that I haven't missed the 58* at all since starting this testing. And it forces me to focus on just the one wedge when Im practicing around the greens too.

The 50 is really really good for bump and run shots around the green. If I change irons sets any time soon, that AW from the RBZ irons is gonna have to find a way into the bag

Id rep you but I cant.

Triple ding. I think it makes sense too. Ive found that I haven't missed the 58* at all since starting this testing. And it forces me to focus on just the one wedge when Im practicing around the greens too.
Any issues with gapping when going from a 50* to the 56*. I've been playing a 55* for a long time, so I dont think I should see too much of a problem.
The 50 is really really good for bump and run shots around the green. If I change irons sets any time soon, that AW from the RBZ irons is gonna have to find a way into the bag
And it's basically the same as the ATV 50*, correct?

I rarely hit full wedges and have been hitting more greens with the easier swings so personally no gap issues.

Not perfect by any means but it's getting better.

Any issues with gapping when going from a 50* to the 56*. I've been playing a 55* for a long time, so I dont think I should see too much of a problem.

I really havent noticed any so far. I like to use my GW for shots around the green too so that helps and is another reason I want to add the ATV.

Exact same, just matched to the RBZ set. I haven't found it very good though for bunker shots unless they're longer ones. Then again trying to hit a high bunker shot with a 50 degree wedge opened way up isn't exactly easy either haha

Anyone know the weight of the KBS Wedge shaft that comes stock in the ATV?

They are stout and I love them. It's a game improvement wedge war, at least it feels that way.

They are stout and I love them. It's a game improvement wedge war, at least it feels that way.

Frank have you come across any type of shot or any particular area around the golf course that you think the ATV comes up short?

Believe it or not, I can spray the ball a bit which leads to my ball having multiple different lies - good bad and awful. Hard, soft, grass, dirt, mulch, woods, rocks, tree roots, or sand an average or better swing is rewarded.

A GI wedge...I like it.

Thanks for your thoughts Blynn. Sounds like you saw much the same as we have testing the ATV. It does take a few rounds to get used to it as for me the weight and feel was a bit different from my other wedges.

Ive found the ATV to be very easy to hit and specially good around the greens. Its like knife through butter in the rough. As for that toe down shot its really quite simple and one I think the ATV is very good at too. I use it around the fringe or just off it. I set up with my weight on the left side a little more with the toe more down at address and take a putting type stroke at the ball. Usually the ball pops up and just over the fringe onto the green with some decent roll out. Almost holed out a few ships using this with the ATV.

Thanks for the info Kmac! I will try that this week when I practice. You are correct about getting used to the weight. I find I have to have more of a firm grip compared to my current SW.

Do it, dude...my 50° is great. It meshes perfectly with the turf interaction of the 56° and my i20 PW, it really fills that gap nicely (minus the fact that I hit my i20 PW a mile so I still have a bit of a gap...but I can fix that by bending the clubs as necessary).

I feel like a GW should be a dart throwing club that the player absolutely loves to pull out of the bag. For me, I am thinking 130-135 is my comfortable range with it and it is probably one of my favorite distances to have to the pin because of the 50°. I love when I pull the GPS and see it is a yardage that I can cover with my 50°.

That's what I've had since the testing began, and it def gets the job done. I think you'll dig it.

Need to get caught up on the past few pages in here, as my wedge ponder is in high gear again and these are sitting at the top of the list.

This guy has me pondering atvs hard after our talks

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

This guy has me pondering atvs hard after our talks

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
I like to meddle in other peoples ponders.

I have also been thinking about the 50* to replace my xFT 50*. Will probably happen sooner than later.

I have also been thinking about the 50* to replace my xFT 50*. Will probably happen sooner than later.

I have no doubt the 50 degree would be lethal for those punch shots around the greens. Automatic seven strokes per round reducer type wedge :blob:

I have no doubt the 50 degree would be lethal for those punch shots around the greens. Automatic seven strokes per round reducer type wedge :blob:
So if I order 2 does that save me 14 strokes per round:alien: Seriously though I think it would fit in perfect and do a great job replacing the 50* xFT

Back