What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+5 on par 38 12 hole par 3 course (has two par 4s) still need to dial in my distances with my irons they are so much further than they were. plugged some really tight shots today though. prob go back tomorrow and work at it some more.

41/36=77 was 6 over after the first 7, so a strong finish again. Can't seem to start strong but I am more than happy with the score as it is better than my average. 32 putts, 2 birdies and I beat the rain so I got in all 18.

Only thing I shot today was a water gun with my kids in the pool. I will be back at it tomorrow hopefully. Good rounds today and over the weekend guys!! Keep it up!

Went extremely low this weekend at Lake Waco GC (Par 72, blue tees, roughly 6,400 yards)!!! Shot a 9 under 63 on Saturday with 10 birdies, 7 pars, and 1 bogey...and I still lost one bet lol. Followed that up on Sunday with a 6 under 66 with 5 birdies, 11 pars, 1 eagle, and 1 bogey (same hole as Saturday too)...but at least no bets lost. The course is pretty short and I will hit wedges into many Par 4's and long irons into the 5's...but 15 under in two days over the weekend is still my best ever 2 day total.

Nice round! Congrats.

I shot a run of the mill 83 today. Chipping has been driving me up the $&@?!&@ wall here lately. I'd honestly rather pitch on from 45-50 out than chip from the fringe.

Not having poor contact. Just really poor job of judging speed and break from just off the green. Nothing practice won't fix.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Try working on a variety of weapons to attack your short chips/pitches with.

Shot an 88 today which I'm happy with. It's a far cry from the 82 I shot on Saturday but broke 90 for the second time so can't complain. Chipping was the difference today...too many 1 Chip, 2 Putts.

Shot an 88 today which I'm happy with. It's a far cry from the 82 I shot on Saturday but broke 90 for the second time so can't complain. Chipping was the difference today...too many 1 Chip, 2 Putts.

But it sounds like you did a good job of minimizing your mistakes...making bogies and not doubles. Good job!

94. 47/47. 38 putts. Bad driving day. Irons weren't as crisp as they have been. Obviously the putter was off.

<-----newbie here. shot a 91 Thursday and 88 Saturday. my two best rounds of the year. felt SO good

But it sounds like you did a good job of minimizing your mistakes...making bogies and not doubles. Good job!

That's tough to do with the greens here in Hawaii. Grain plays such a factor and from hole to hole the receptiveness of the greens are just too different. They can even change on you from day to day. A green that was holding balls like velcro on day can be like pitching onto blacktop the next.

The big thing that's gonna help me is paying more attention to the way the green looks, feels, and which way the grain is going before chipping. I just got so good at it for a while that I got lazy.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

That's tough to do with the greens here in Hawaii. Grain plays such a factor and from hole to hole the receptiveness of the greens are just too different. They can even change on you from day to day. A green that was holding balls like velcro on day can be like pitching onto blacktop the next.

The big thing that's gonna help me is paying more attention to the way the green looks, feels, and which way the grain is going before chipping. I just got so good at it for a while that I got lazy.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Good job nonetheless. Work on your knuckleball, 2-3 hop spinners, flops, bump & runs, etc so you always have a weapon for the situation in front of you.

What a difference a day makes. Shot a 112 today, a terrible, terrible front nine did me in. Shot a 64 through nine, every part of my game was off. Don't know what clicked, but the back I started driving the ball, and all parts of my game improved. Shot a 48 coming back in, which for me is not bad at all. Hopefully getting out for nine tomorrow.

Shot an 80 today. Hit the ball much better than 80 but just didn't putt well, had 4 three putts. Also, had a terrible mishit OB on a par 3 after waiting 15 mins on the teebox; re-teed hit the green and two putted for double. I cannot stand slow play, waiting really screws with me.

<-----newbie here. shot a 91 Thursday and 88 Saturday. my two best rounds of the year. felt SO good

Welcome to THP, congrats on your two best of the year.

41/36=77 was 6 over after the first 7, so a strong finish again. Can't seem to start strong but I am more than happy with the score as it is better than my average. 32 putts, 2 birdies and I beat the rain so I got in all 18.

Good finish there. Just figure how get it crunk up before starting out.

Went extremely low this weekend at Lake Waco GC (Par 72, blue tees, roughly 6,400 yards)!!! Shot a 9 under 63 on Saturday with 10 birdies, 7 pars, and 1 bogey...and I still lost one bet lol. Followed that up on Sunday with a 6 under 66 with 5 birdies, 11 pars, 1 eagle, and 1 bogey (same hole as Saturday too)...but at least no bets lost. The course is pretty short and I will hit wedges into many Par 4's and long irons into the 5's...but 15 under in two days over the weekend is still my best ever 2 day total.

Man, that is lots of birdies, ten in a round is pretty strong!

Subbed in a golf league tonight, shot 45. Lots of scrambling involved. Did chip in for birdie on a par 3.

Went camping for the long weekend up here. Slept on an air mattress in a tent in the pouring rain/cold weather.

Played a very tough course here in Manitoba called Poplar Ridge, very tight course, deep thick rough, all of the greens are raised.

Felt confident on the # 1 tee, sliced a tee shot into the rough, where it took me 3 shots to get out of the rough. Havoc ensued over that. Shot a 52 front, 46 back. I believe 26 over par :(

Noticed a ver distinct issue in my swing, mainly a backswing going way too far back... After I was 8 over through 3 holes, I pretty much shut down and tried working on swing and grip changes.... $40 bucks in green fees down the drain, but hey, there was nothing better to do that day.

First time shooting even on a nine at my local muni tonight - and it was strangely mediocre play. Got up and down when needed, made two sand saves (one for bird, one for par) but otherwise hit it and putted very average. I'll take it, though!

uploadfromtaptalk1344304766797.jpg

Skipped off the pond using Tapatalk 2

Hole123456789Total
Par45344345436
icoInformation.gif

Score
icoInformation.gif

# Putts
icoInformation.gif

Hit Fairway
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
icoInformation.gif

Hit Green in Reg.
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
icoChecked.gif
Yardage3105321533173291594194823493050

Started Stableford in league tonight which will go on for a few more weeks. Hampered by a slow start but all in all a decent enough round trying to be super aggressive driving greens to score points.

I am just livid right now. Shot a +1 37 on the front. Got to the back and the weirdest thing happened. My buddy and I were both playing good and all of a sudden he somehow cut his hand on the 10th hole. It got into my head and I was concerned on how he was going to play instead of worrying about my own game. I wanted him to play well and just completely lost focus for the rest of the round. I was cautious to hit the ball, my legs felt funny and I just didn't feel right.

I finished the round with a fantastic triple bogey and shot a +9 on the back for an 81.

WTF!!! I did it again today.... Shot a +1 37 on the front and tripled 15 and doubled 17 for a nice +6 on the back and a 78. What the heck is going on. I had 10 pars and 2 birdies besides the big numbers..

Only got 13 holes in today. :sad:

+4. Struck the ball really well, greens were horrible. Looked as if they weren't cut for days.

Shot 47, +12, on the front 9 at Bludenz-Braz.
Actually we were playing for an 18 hole championship, but heavy rain and lightning caused a cancellation/score evaluation for the first 9 which everyone finished in time.
Got to the 17th before returning to the clubhouse, and the 2nd 9 were going about as well as the first so i was quite annoyed with the weather :bulgy-eyes:

HC down to -30.5, +2.5

Also, first chip-in, yay. at the 16th, for a bogey, after a miserable thin bunker shot and a duffed chip. Had all of 3m to travel, but it still counts hah!

Shot my 4th round under 90 this year with an 89 today, was pretty shaky with the putter to start out, had 2 3 putts through the first 3 holes but settled down and finished with 33 putts overall which is one of my lowest of the year.

WTF!!! I did it again today.... Shot a +1 37 on the front and tripled 15 and doubled 17 for a nice +6 on the back and a 78. What the heck is going on. I had 10 pars and 2 birdies besides the big numbers..

maybe you are pressing since you know how great you are doing through 9?

Yesterday was a +4 75, and today was a +7 78. Couldn't putt to save my life either day, except for one long par putt on 12 yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back