Breaking in new golf shoes. How do you do it?

Which Tree?

Thirsty
Reaction score
Handicap
thinking
I recently got a pair of new Adidas Tour 360 ATVs (warranty replacement to my Tour 360 4.0s) and need to break them in.

I have a big golf weekend ahead of me (4 rounds in 4 days including 36 on Friday). I walk 95% of all of my rounds and I will be walking 18 on Thursday. Friday and Sunday I will be in a cart. Frankly I am nervous to walk 18 in the brand new shoes (even though I have heard nothing but great reviews). So I plan on wearing my old shoes on Thursday (then send them back to Adidas next week) and break in my new shoes over the weekend while riding in the cart.

How do you normally break in your new golf shoes (especially you who walk a majority of the time)? Should I wear them to the range to get some creases in them first?

Thanks for he input!

I just wear them

I wont purchase golf shoes that have to be broken in. There are too many great shoes that are perfect right out of the box nowadays.

I wont purchase golf shoes that have to be broken in. There are too many great shoes that are perfect right out of the box nowadays.

This! I have wider feet so if I can't get a wide shoe in a model I won't buy it

This! I have wider feet so if I can't get a wide shoe in a model I won't buy it

I too have wide feet (14w to be exact... not easy to find in stores).

Don't all shoes need to be broken in before a 4 mile walk?

I just wear them

This is what I do. Good thing the Callaway shoes we got at the Morgan Cup fit well right out of the box.

I have a couple of pairs of golf shoes, so when I get a new pair, I'll wear them for a round, and sit them for at least another round. Treating them with saddle soap doesn't hurt either, nor does using shoe trees.

From my experience - If they need to be broken in, then they are not the right shoes for you.

Agree completely, there are so many good shoes out there that don't need it. I can't speak to the 360 ATVs but my last few haven't needed any breaking in at all.

I have the white atvs. Just wear them and you should be good

Never have had to break golf shoes in.

I put them on my feet when I get out of the car at the course and go play golf. I'm not a good enough golfer that I'm gonna notice and lose strokes that my shoes aren't broken in.

I put them on my feet when I get out of the car at the course and go play golf. I'm not a good enough golfer that I'm gonna notice and lose strokes that my shoes aren't broken in.

I would only lose strokes if I couldn't stop thinking how much my feet hurt. Or that completing the swing caused foot pain. Which is what happened with my Adicrosses

and...

Spoiler

I put a coat of wax on and wear them for 9 holes just to be sure there are no hot spots. I use shoe trees, a shoe horn to protect the heel cup and rotate shoes so I don't wear the same shoes two days in a row.

I don't do this to "break them in" but i do it to help soften the leather which would help to your point.

I get leather cleaning wipes from the auto section of the store and wipe the leather parts of the shoe with them every couple of rounds. It really helps to keep the leather soft and the shoes extra comfy. If you do this for the 1st time you will notice a considerable difference after a day or so.

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

I usually don't brake in shoes, just use them, but not for every round, maybe a round, then the next one with older shoes and so forth, until I'm sure that my feet don't take any damage from using them too much... It's not the shoes that needs to broken in, it's my feet that needs to be sure that the shoes are good. (Cannot be certain until used enough...)

I broke mine by wearing them at home when I was doing yard work.

My cheaper adidas shoes took a few rounds to break in (not real leather) my tru links had no problems from the first day out.

Tapatalk on iPhone4S

kinda just gotta wear them, but a lot of the new golf shoes now doesnt really requiring breaking in, they're textile material and is a comfortable fit straight out the box, like eccos, new addidas, the new tiger woods shoes, etc ...

Typically shoes that need broken in never really get broken in for me.

Right on! I was amazed when i bought my footjoy contours. Right out of the box they were comfortable. And I usually walk courses.
They weren't really expensive either.

My contour casuals were right perfect out of the box.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Like others have said I just wear 'em. That's while playing w/ a cart - I certainly wouldn't recommend taking them right out of the box and going to walk 18 (unless you have some Kentwool socks on)

Back