What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
40-43 at Running Y Ranch yesterday. Lowest score ever by 6 shots and started the round at -1 thru the first 5 holes. Super stoked at the progress in my game. Great thing about this course is its basically free golf all week thanks to an NCGA special (the fam was coming out here for vacation anyway so the townhouse rental was cheaper with the stay and play rate than just staying on site) and it's a beautiful Arnold Palmer design.

had leagues last night on a 9 hole course...started on hole 3, a par 4...went par, par, bogey, birdie, birdie, par, par, par, bogey for an even 9 - 36. if it weren't for the 3 putt on the par 3 for my first bogey, or putting my tee shot in the trees on the par 5 second hole...i would've been under par. super impressed with the Razr Fit driver...thing is dear-tay.

Walked 9 this morning with my old Scotty in the bag and shot a 33, woohoo! been a while since I've been 3 under. I'm thinking punishing the putter taught it some lessons lol. It was just a great day of golf.

Walked 9 this morning with my old Scotty in the bag and shot a 33, woohoo! been a while since I've been 3 under. I'm thinking punishing the putter taught it some lessons lol. It was just a great day of golf.
Nice work buddy! You have to keep those silly putters in line.

Nice 9 right there buddy! I can't wait til this fall when hopefully we can play on a regular basis!

Nice round Trout Bum!

44/44 yesterday... Frustrated. Just not playing good golf right now and I'm getting all caught up in my handicap falling backwards.

Hi folks,
Shot a 81 at Darcy Ranch in Alberta yesterday. Course is one of my favs. My putter seemed to take a few holes off. Tee and wedge game were so solid. So close to breaking 80.

Nice rounds, TC, TB, Mark and AMP'dDave! Some great looking scores there.

44/44 yesterday... Frustrated. Just not playing good golf right now and I'm getting all caught up in my handicap falling backwards.

I know that frustration too well man, not a bad round though, be kind to yourself.

Hi folks,
Shot a 81 at Darcy Ranch in Alberta yesterday. Course is one of my favs. My putter seemed to take a few holes off. Tee and wedge game were so solid. So close to breaking 80.

Nice round Mark!

I played this morning at a local course I don't get to play much. It was in really great shape and the weather was awesome. I ended up going 40, 40. I was really close to breaking 80 for the first time. I just had a few tee shots that gave me two doubles. I think my new swing is really coming around and is helping my game out.

The stats were- FIR- 43% GIR-33% and 30 putts.

I played this morning at a local course I don't get to play much. It was in really great shape and the weather was awesome. I ended up going 40, 40. I was really close to breaking 80 for the first time. I just had a few tee shots that gave me two doubles. I think my new swing is really coming around and is helping my game out.

Congrats Grant! Glad the swing is starting to come together for you.

Any word on when Seth's is going to show up? hahaha

Keep it up GrantD! Thats a nice round there. Reading this thread gets me amped for my round tommorow. There are some stellar rounds that have been played.

I played Fri, Sat and Mon this past weekend. Friday I shot the best ever round with a 83. Sat a 91 and Mon a 101 !! I haven't shot a 100 since early May. I had a terrible case of the shanks with my irons. Very dissappointing to say the least. 8i almost found itself being tossed in the woods!

That's awesome man!

Nice round Grant, congrats on the 80 man!

It was another day of bad golf for me. It was a combination of everything, driving, irons, wedges, and putting. 83 (43, 40)

But even playing bad is still playing, there are worse things. Heck, my index will probably rise tomorrow and I will get more strokes on weekends.

Maybe the poor play was due to the anticipation of playing the Goat Track with good friends tomorrow:joy:. If I don't do any better down there, I will get a trip to the infamous wood shed as well, so guess I better man up and PLAY! :eek:k:

44/46-90. My driver was ok today and my irons were not bad but could have been better. I putted pretty well today when I did get on the grenn having only 31 putts. I struggle with the short game; 75 yards in and I cannot get on the green. I will hit it fat or skull it and I am losing many strokes inside this range. I have a 60 degree wedge (52 is broken) and its killing me so if anyone has anything different laying around that you wouldn't mind me trying out, I would appreciate it.

Played in quite a few rounds over the weekend.

Saturday I played my home course and shot a 79. To quote el Tigre, it was about the worst I could have shot. I struck the ball great but could not get a putt to fall for me. Oh well.

Sunday was a member-guest best ball at a buddy's course and we managed 4th place shooting even par 71. I shot 77 myself while he shot 80. Got a few more putts to drop here, but a pair of untimely bogies on the same hole sealed our fate.

Monday was a charity scramble with my dad, brother and buddy. More than anything else the day was a ton of fun with the gorgeous weather and free beer out on the course. It definitely helped that we shot -9 which is pretty darn good considering the other 3 guys in my group were all 15+ handicaps. My wedges were hot and I was able to stick a few approaches inside of 5ft. Made a number of 15-20ft putts as well, with the obvious advantage of seeing the line 3 times before actually having to try it myself.

What course?

Dang Grant! Really nice round you must have putted really well also

great job on the 80 Grant!

Almost there! Nice round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back