New (single, 30, male) WI member

thompsonmike

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes, that was my attempt at being funny...

I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Mike and I'm just starting to get back into golf. I went out to visit my parents in CO and played two rounds out there because my dad is big into golf. Then, I came home and played my third round within 10 days and had a blast all three times. I'm currently playing with some 14ish year old Allied Golf clubs which I got in highschool. After the last time I was out last Sunday I decided it's time to do some upgrades and while trying to decide on clubs I continuously was referred to posts on your site while searching through Google. I read a lot of helpful information and in the posts I read people seemed pretty cool. So, I figured I would join and maybe come across some more useful information in the future.

With some help from your community I bought the first of my new set earlier this week, the Ping G20 driver. I went into Golfsmith thinking I was going to buy the i20 (I seem to be high maintenance) but after playing in the simulator I found I couldn't miss if I tried with the G20. I'm going to go to a demo day for the Anser tomorrow morning and see how I hit that before I start playing with my new G20. For an additional $100 I'll want to see an additional 50 yards out of every drive which I don't think is going to happen. Basically, I'm taking off of work to go to the driving range for free! :)

Eventually, I'll be looking at getting some irons in the next 2-3 months. I'll most likely end up with the Ping G20 or i20 irons, I haven't tried either club yet though. Somewhat off topic but just walking around the golf bag section at Golfsmith I was thinking to myself "wow, they have some freaking cool stuff they've come out with from 16 years ago!" My old Ping Hoofer bag is WAY outdated compared to all the sweet new stuff.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to fighti.... having "internet discussions" with all of you!

Mike

PS Every once in a while I am looking for a nice golf partner (see title) ;)

Hi mike, welcome to THP!

Welcome Mike.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome Mike!

:welcome:

Welcome Mike!

Welcome!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum and back to the game! Equipment has definitely came a long ways over the last 15 years.

Hey fellow cheesehead welcome. Is it starting to smell like cheese around here???

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the nut house !

welcome aboard!

Back