2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just straight up excited about this in general. Really gonna be great and gonna do my darndest to be involved somehow. Keep thinking about the possibilities...look forward to knowing more.

Just caught up with this thread after the past few days. To tie together a few thoughts running through my mind. 1st, I can't wait for this event. I would sure like to be a part of the event on the players end of things. It would be an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience. That said, if I'm not chosen, I will still be there in full force to be part of the camera crew, or interview crew, or anything I can do to be a part of this event. Each year it has been stepped up, and this coming year is seeming to be epic!

Now onto my other thought, I have been keeping up also on the thread outlining the requirements, and have seen a lot of people complaining about the minimum 200 posts per month, after teams are announced. Some of those people complaining have multiple posts in just this thread, or that thread this month. Once time rolls around that teams are announced, even someone that is not of the big posting habit, will have more than enough to rave about between getting prepped for the event, their bag and sponsorship, what the experience is like, and supporting their sponsor. There is no way that anyone needs to be worried about a post count if they really want to be involved. If you just want to do it to get a free set of clubs, etc...then that's a different story, but I would surely hope that no one would be trying to join for that purpose, as this is such a top notch, top class place, I can't imagine any of our members doing that.

Dan

I've got a question. Is there time for the volunteers to get a round or two in in the day or two leading up to the tournament or is it too hectic for that?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I've got a question. Is there time for the volunteers to get a round or two in in the day or two leading up to the tournament or is it too hectic for that?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

The volunteers got in some rounds this year I believe.

The volunteers got in some rounds this year I believe.

Sounds great! A couple of rounds would be unbelievable but even just one would be awesome for me. I really hope to get to volunteer this year. Just depends on where and if I end up back in the states.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Tapping till 12-21-2012

You can definitely play some practice rounds, I got there on Wednesday and played 18 Thursday with FrankA, Ary and his father, and I'm pretty sure War, and Shark did the same. It was a good time and well worth the early arrival.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Yeah War Eagle shared a round with myself Cookie and SW on Thursday. This is the tee times from Wednesday and Thursdays practice rounds. You can see a lot of the volunteers got rounds in

Morning - True Blue:

Group 1 - 8:06
mcook77
Chunkylover77
TC
Yoccos

Group 2 - 8:15
puttin4bird
tnolan
ddec
dhjkelly

Group 3 - 8:24
yorkem
TBT
SW
Bullfrog

Group 4 - 8:33
One-T
Howzat
ghsace
*open

Group 5 - 8:42
biggsy
SethO
SharkWrestler
*open

Afternoon - Caledonia

Group 1 - 1:51
TC
coolbreeze
Arydolphin
Arydolphin's dad

Group 2 - 2:00
dhjkelly
mcook77
SW
War Eagle

Group 3 - 2:09
puttin4bird
Hanks
TBT
Howzat

Group 4 - 2:18
ddec
Yoccos
One-T
FrankA

Group 5 - 2:27
Chunkylover77
INgolfer
INgolfer's brother
Trout Bum

Group 6 - 2:36
biggsy
bullfrog
Sharkwrestler
*open

I was going to offer my services for the MC 2013 if I do not get selected. Now that I know that I could go and work and get a round in.....I will definitely offer my services if not selected!

Glad to hear it lad.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

These rounds are talked about in the recap 2012 recap thread. Everyone seemed to have had a blast.

i want to see the same sponsors and different ones, all at the same time. i think every OEM stands to gain tons of R&D and exposure thru this event. i would think they would all be chomping at the bit to get into this thing.

This is one of the things that interests me the most. I am really hoping on one hand that the sponsors that we had in 2012 come back, because that means we really crushed it. That being said though, it would be cool for other OEM's to step up as well.

I wonder when the next announcement will be unveiled...

I would guess the next major announcement will be made when the Tour Stops are done but I don't know squat.

That's a good guess, though. They are going to be incredibly busy leading up to these events.

JB will surprise us. He'll just pop in here and make one hahaahaa

Tapping till 12-21-2012

It's been answered before, but I'd like to add that it was a blast to get two really fun rounds in before the MC 2.0 with some of the competitors.
Getting to play on two awesome courses that were in excellent shape was fantastic.

I played with Biggsy both rounds and watching him prepare for the tournament was a learning experience.
John took down detailed notes to make the Tournament rounds less questionable as to what clubs to select and best landing areas for setting up putts.
And I witnessed his Ace at Caledonia.

I played with Seth in the morning and BullFrog in the afternoon.
Both guy's were great Golfers to play with and look forward to more rounds in the future with these guy's.

He pulled a psych last week with a teaser. I'm with Jrod, tour stops complete them maybe a tidbit.

Yup. You're probably right haha

So you think....

Haha, well we all thought an announcement was imminent after a certain late night post. Or perhaps, we just have zero patience.

I only lost 2 nights of sleep due to this. :beat-up:

Haha, well we all thought an announcement was imminent after a certain late night post. Or perhaps, we just have zero patience.

lol. i only stared at my computer all day instead of doing work! not unlike any other day though really...

Cookie lets be honest, this is the case. JB mentions the MC and we all come running hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back