THP Tour Van - North Carolina Event

Thanks More Gooder,enjoyed playing with you.I did miss a few fairways,but not being the longest,I have to try to stay in the short grass.

Okay well I finally get to sit down and write this thing up. I had a great time this weekend. First off, I want to thank JB, GG, and One-T for setting this thing up. It was really cool to see the Rangefinder come out and meet a bunch of THPers and play golf with them.

I also want to thank both DawgDaddy and GolfDawg. Randy (DawgDaddy) was nice enough to come out of his way on the way up here and pick me up from Clemson so I could come. I don't have a car here, so having a ride was the only way I would be able to make it. Matt (GolfDawg) was an incredible host to both of us. He has a gorgeous house and was very nice to both of us from the second we got to his house. Matt was great enough to make us breakfast before we left on Saturday and he even let me watch the Clemson-Auburn game on Saturday night instead of watching the DVR of his beloved Bulldogs game earlier that afternoon.

So on Friday afternoon, Randy stopped by to pick me up. On the drive up to Charlotte, it was like we had been friends for a long time even though that was the first time we had met face to face. We talked THP, golf in general, college football, and a myriad of other things. When we arrived at Matt's house, he was incredibly nice as I said. We went out to dinner at a local place and we picked up Chewie on the way there. He was awesome too. We stopped briefly at Golf Galaxy on the way back before it closed, then went back to the house and got ready for Saturday.

Saturday morning we woke up and got ready and Matt made us an awesome breakfast of eggs, bacon, and english muffins before we left. Then we hit the road and when we got there, it was awesome to soak in the Tour Van and just the mass of THPers there. I tried to meet as many as I could while getting ready to go down to the range and getting some swag from the Tour Van. When we went down to the range I started to hit some of the new equipment that I hadn't before. Almost all of that was TC's and Yorkem's stuff as well as a demo Cleveland Classic. That was the most equipment I'd ever hit at once by a long shot and was a ton of fun.

For Saturday's round I played with TC, Yorkem, and BryanC (I think) who is Yorkem's friend. Three lefties in one group? Awesome! I had a ton of fun playing with those dudes and I gamed the demo Classic and TC's Razr Fit 3 wood. Both were awesome for me all round. TC is really smart and is ridiculously helpful during a round of golf. I hit the ball great, and if I didn't putt like carp, I could have gone low. For me anyways. The course was in okay condition, but some of the greens were horrible and a bunch even had crabgrass on them. And the rough was supremely difficult to get out of. Very long and thick and when the ball sat down it was just brutal. I ended up shooting 88, but I hit either 8 or 9 GIR which is great for me and I got off the tee exceptionally well for me, with just a few big mistakes (bad swings) like usual. That was probably the most fun round I've ever played, with my round on Sunday contending for the top spot.

After the round Saturday we went out to Taco Mac and just hung out and watched some football. That was a lot of fun. After that most of the guys went back to GrantD's house, but Randy, Matt, and I went back there and watched Clemson beat Auburn.

We woke up on Sunday and got out there again for our round. I played with GoalieDave and SW and had a blast out there. I shot 87 with bad putting again, and my ball striking was not as good as it had been Saturday. I had a great time with both guys though, they're really nice and funny. On one hole the three of us had a combined 9 bunker shots. Boy was that bad. I did a ton of laughing during the round though so my struggles didn't matter much to me. After we finished up Sunday, DawgDaddy and I hit the road for the drive back to Clemson, then home for him.

Overall, this weekend was the most fun golfing experience of my life. When I met most of the guys it didn't feel like it was the first time I was meeting them. I'm so glad I got to play with THPers and meet so many of them. Though it was pretty tough for me to do, I'm already wanting to get to another one. Playing golf with THPers is amazingly fun, and if you haven't before, I strongly urge you to try to.

Nice thoughts Dam! Glad you had a good time. All this stuff is getting me more and more excited for Des Moines

It was nice to finally put a face to the name Charlie. You hit the ball great when I saw you. Very good player.

Great writeup Charlie!

It was nice to finally put a face to the name Charlie. You hit the ball great when I saw you. Very good player.

You got that right. If the kid could putt (had a Metal X #7) then he would have easily shot in the 70's. I enjoyed riding and talking with Dam. He's a sharp kid he soaks everything up. I hope I helped him as a golfer by giving him some different perspective out there.

You got that right. If the kid could putt (had a Metal X #7) then he would have easily shot in the 70's. I enjoyed riding and talking with Dam. He's a sharp kid he soaks everything up. I hope I helped him as a golfer by giving him some different perspective out there.

You really did TC, if he mentioned you and your help to me once, he mentioned it ten times. He really did appreciate your taking time to share your knowledge with him. Well done buddy.

TC is very encouraging

You really did TC, if he mentioned you and your help to me once, he mentioned it ten times. He really did appreciate your taking time to share your knowledge with him. Well done buddy.
This is Awesome , well done TC !

Thanks guys. It was an awesome weekend.

Thanks man. I really enjoyed playing a round with you. You're a really interesting guy and I think you really did help me out, though I can't quite place how. Saturday may have been my best ball striking day ever. I hope to replicate that sometime soon with a decent putter and get into the 70s.

I'm never getting a MX #7 though. Haha.

I know. Dude, it's what I do or I get I suppose. I bring out everyone's A game. It's only Really annoying at the MC, lol

Great write up Charlie. I was happy to hear that Randy worked it out to help get you to the event. Good luck with your studies and I hope to see you out on the course soon.

Great write up Charlie and sounds like first stop on the tour was a great success!

I know. Dude, it's what I do or I get I suppose. I bring out everyone's A game. It's only Really annoying at the MC, lol

Ehh I wish you had brought out my A game. I brought my AA game that day

Great write up Charlie. I was happy to hear that Randy worked it out to help get you to the event. Good luck with your studies and I hope to see you out on the course soon.

You guys make me itch for the Atlanta Tour stop like a hound in a mess of fleas! :blob: I'm glad you all had a super time and great job old man :clapp:

Gosh, Reading all of these great write-ups gets me excited for Atlanta. Great thoughts Dam. Wish you could come to the Atlanta stop. It would be cool to have all the young guns from THP in one group.

If anyone playing Saturday lost a red rim Masters ball marker and would like it back just PM me and I will mail it to you.It is metal and looks like it belongs with a hat clip.Found it on the second or third green.If no one claims it ,I guess I have a new marker.

Took some time to catch up here, but looks like an amazing time for all. I wish everyone there could just hop in the tour van and go along so we could see you all in Iowa.

I thought I saw Dogdaddy with a similar marker. I wonder

If anyone playing Saturday lost a red rim Masters ball marker and would like it back just PM me and I will mail it to you.It is metal and looks like it belongs with a hat clip.Found it on the second or third green.If no one claims it ,I guess I have a new marker.

That would be me. I was playing in front of you and lost it on one of the first 3 or 4 holes. I will send a PM. Thank you for your honesty brother.

PM sent.

On its way home tomorrow!

Gosh, Reading all of these great write-ups gets me excited for Atlanta. Great thoughts Dam. Wish you could come to the Atlanta stop. It would be cool to have all the young guns from THP in one group.

I wish I could too dude, but it's just too expensive. Even without paying for travel and lodging I dropped about $175 this weekend. Otherwise I'd find some way to make it down there!

Back