The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool stuff....Eli's pic looks like he's in warm up mode during pre-game?

For those that like to watch film and break stuff down (not many), here is one that was sent over to me by a friend of mine. These were both game throws. Both QBs had time and could step forward.

Screen-shot-2012-09-06-at-L.jpg

Sure that Manning throw was a game throw from last night? I see a Giants player in the background with a ball in his hand and appearing to be throwing it.

And the front row seats are empty I believe.

At the game, not during the game. It was my mistake for not making it more clear. The goal was to show the motion with no pressure.

Ahhhh, gotcha.

I am not good enough to notice these things during the game - but was he doing the same? Is this something new for him this year? Regression in form it sounds like if thats the case.

For those that like to watch film and break stuff down (not many), here is one that was sent over to me by a friend of mine. These were both game throws. Both QBs had time and could step forward.

Screen-shot-2012-09-06-at-L.jpg

With having so many former Quarterbacks around him, you can tell Romo works on his throwing motion a lot, maybe more than Tebow lol.

Ahhhh, gotcha.

I am not good enough to notice these things during the game - but was he doing the same? Is this something new for him this year? Regression in form it sounds like if thats the case.

Yes. It is really the only knock on Eli and has been since he came in the league. The ball low thing is nitpicking, because he does keep the ball high enough, but his balance and weight shift have been his achilles heel for years. He gets it done, no question about it, but its something that scouts have harped on for a while as far as mechanics go.

Pretty cool picture there. What they don't show is romo throwing up all over himself in a 4th quarter with the game on the line while Eli usually wins, much to my dismay.:alien:

I am not sure "A tough game" and "Tampa" can be used in the same sentence. Have you seen them play? If the Panthers lose they should be embarrassed.

We shall see. They have some nice new pieces to their team this year.

Pretty cool picture there. What they don't show is romo throwing up all over himself in a 4th quarter with the game on the line while Eli usually wins, much to my dismay.:alien:

Jrod stop living in last year dude Cowboys won. That throw on 3rd down last night was MONEY!! haha

I think the Panthers are going to have a pretty good little team. I wish that DeAngelo Williams was the only back they used to help out my FF team, but they have some serious offensive threats. I am excited to watch them play

Jrod stop living in last year dude Cowboys won. That throw on 3rd down last night was MONEY!! haha

He did look pretty damn sharp last night in the 4th quarter. I gotta get my cowboy jabs in before they play the Eagles.

I said yesterday Romo was in good form

Yes you did. Called it dude.

Anyone else notice that Murray should have had 160 yards rushing and a TD? On his 2 long runs, he literally stopped trying to avoid people and just tried to bulldoze someone. Follow Dez up the sideline instead of cutting back into 3 defenders and he might have a touchdown. Not bulldoze Dez trying to block for ya at the 10 and might have scored there as well lol.
The guy was running harder than anyone not named AP that I've watched in a while. It's a double edge sword though, I could just picture him be carted off the field with a stinger or dislocated shoulder when he tried to barrel through folks. Luckily though it was the other team limping off the field last night. I think he hurt 2 different Giants trying to tackle him; Blackburn and then another linebacker I think. Here's hoping he stays healthy.

I noticed that too. He had one run where he barreled through the line and had one guy to make miss and is off to the races. Instead he takes him head on, delivers a crushing hit but goes down too. Id like to see him make some guys miss once he gets into the secondary instead of running over Dez.

At the game, not during the game. It was my mistake for not making it more clear. The goal was to show the motion with no pressure.

Ya I won't hold that pick against Manning, warming up vs game time throws don't give a good representation at all.

He looked good in preseason. he is a player I have always rooted for for some crazy reason. I hope he has a succesful year. and I am not even a cowboys fan.

GG got mad at me though. I still love her

I need to see him do this in January before I know he is a top 5-7 QB. I know he has the skills, but I feel like he needs to prove it late in the season and the playoffs, hopefully he gets that chance this year.

He looked good in preseason. he is a player I have always rooted for for some crazy reason. I hope he has a succesful year. and I am not even a cowboys fan.

I had him starting for both my teams and that turned out pretty good.

I had him starting for both my teams and that turned out pretty good.
even at the beggining of the game when he had thrown a pick...he was 7 for 10 for 80 something yards. Thats pretty good. Minus the INT.

Hey GG

even at the beggining of the game when he had thrown a pick...he was 7 for 10 for 80 something yards. Thats pretty good. Minus the INT.

Hey GG

I am not mad at you anymore. You are unshunned. :smile: We can be friends again. Just don't even speak poorly of my QB again. ; ) You have seen my wrath first hand, it's scary.

Anyone else notice that Murray should have had 160 yards rushing and a TD? On his 2 long runs, he literally stopped trying to avoid people and just tried to bulldoze someone. Follow Dez up the sideline instead of cutting back into 3 defenders and he might have a touchdown. Not bulldoze Dez trying to block for ya at the 10 and might have scored there as well lol.
The guy was running harder than anyone not named AP that I've watched in a while. It's a double edge sword though, I could just picture him be carted off the field with a stinger or dislocated shoulder when he tried to barrel through folks. Luckily though it was the other team limping off the field last night. I think he hurt 2 different Giants trying to tackle him; Blackburn and then another linebacker I think. Here's hoping he stays healthy.

Murray is a beast. He runs like he wants to hurt someone. He rubbed some of the 'Boys DST the wrong way during training camp because he was hitting them during drills. I think he and Sean Lee had some good battles.

Garrett just needs to work with on hitting the other teams players and not those in the same uniform. LOL!

I noticed that too. He had one run where he barreled through the line and had one guy to make miss and is off to the races. Instead he takes him head on, delivers a crushing hit but goes down too. Id like to see him make some guys miss once he gets into the secondary instead of running over Dez.

I would agree...there were a couple of times where it looking like he could break a big one if he just put a move on somebody and instead he ran them over...of course you run them over for a while and the next time they see you coming they don't quite put as much into the tackle as they did before either.

I would agree...there were a couple of times where it looking like he could break a big one if he just put a move on somebody and instead he ran them over...of course you run them over for a while and the next time they see you coming they don't quite put as much into the tackle as they did before either.

Worked for Jim Brown/Earl Campbell/Jerome Bettis and a few other RBs that were pretty good in their day

Worked for Jim Brown/Earl Campbell/Jerome Bettis and a few other RBs that were pretty good in their day

Have you heard Earl talk lately?

Or seen him walk? Dude can barely move.

Exactly....thing is DeMarco has the ability to make them miss too....he just didn't use it last night

Exactly....thing is DeMarco has the ability to make them miss too....he just didn't use it last night

Agreed. It was almost like someone had uncaged a furious beast and he was not going to avoid anyone. Must run over everyone. Even Dez. That made me LOL though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back