Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I agree, unless you have been a bad boy, then you will have to play with coal...

When PK says consistant, believe it. The DPC's give back exactly what you put in.

Those DPCs flat out breed confidence in the swing.. I think they were right on line with the Adams CMBs today, and only because the CMBs had the C-tapers in them.

Looking forward to seeing you take a few cuts with these tomorrow morning Mikey, I'd love to see them in your bag full time.

Nice. Are these longer heel to tow than the R9's?

It was hard for me to say, id say very similar, as I played my distances to my r9 distaces with club selections and didn't feel like I was any long or shorter. Should have a better feel for it tomorrow.

Just call Santa tonight! They're going to be on your list! These are the best irons I've ever had! So consistent, very forgiving, just awesome! I love mine...

Yeah was glad war eagle pieced a set together for me, was really happy with how I hit them...on to tomorrow

Those DPCs flat out breed confidence in the swing...

Looking forward to seeing you take a few cuts with these tomorrow morning Mikey, I'd love to see them in your bag full time.

I agree with this! Gonna be real hard to get them out of my bag.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, does the DPC have a Tourstage equivalent? If I'm not mistaken Tourstage clubs are one or two seasons ahead of Bridgestone with slightly different appearance. How does that work?

Took these things out for Day #2, and it certainly was not a 1 day fluke

I hit these things great on the range and was immediately ready to game them on the course.

When you hit these things right they just feel so awesome, nice high ball flight and very respectable distances.

Mostly hit the 7I, I love that freaking club.

Tried the KBS shafts in these as well, they felt great too, just not as consistent as the Project X 6.0s

ponder time.....

I agree with Deano on these clubs. The first time I hit the 7 iron was Saturday and I absolutely loved it. Went through the turf very easy and gave a very consistent ball flight. The feel was average, but I was more concerned with ball flight and it flat out performed. Awesome club.

Think I'm going to reread this thread. These will be a possible choice for me for the 2013 Morgan Cup.

Think I'm going to reread this thread. These will be a possible choice for me for the 2013 Morgan Cup.

And a great choice they would be...I've never been impressed with a forged iron set as much as I was these.

And a great choice they would be...I've never been impressed with a forged iron set as much as I was these.

Well said, I've been able to game these a few times the past few weeks and my iron play hasn't been this good in a long time, really love these irons

Wanted to followup my intial thoughts on these irons.

When the tour van came to Ohio I was lucky enough to get these irons out on the course again. Still some of the best feeling irons I have ever gamed. That weekend, even though I was pushing balls right (sunday). Ive been struggling with hitting thin shots with my R9's, but didnt experience that nearly as much with these. Solid distances thoughout, comparable to my current set and I love the higher ball flight of the 6.0s. I think the set I had gamed were all standard length and lie, so I could only imagine how awesome these would be with a correct lengths/lie's that I would be fitted to.

I really love the 6I for some reason as ive been able to hit it well more times than not and get good distances from it, whereas 7I had always been my go to club in other sets.

The shaft and head combo really make these irons a winner in my books!

You hit them well buddy, minus the thin ones.. Gotta suck in the colder weather..

I love that these offer similar distances to the Burner 2.0's (at least in my experience). I'd love to take a run at a few with either KBS tour's or C-Tapers in them!

You hit them well buddy, minus the thin ones.. Gotta suck in the colder weather..

I love that these offer similar distances to the Burner 2.0's (at least in my experience). I'd love to take a run at a few with either KBS tour's or C-Tapers in them!

For sure about the cold weather. I love these sticks... but out of all the irons I have owned, these hurt the worse on a thinned shot in the cold.

agreed, I will say this, Ive hit far less thin shots with those than the R9's...maybe a swing change lol

but when you hit them well, you know it compared to the guessing game with my R9's

Id love to try a bunch of them with the KBS Tour's and see how they fair, I think in the past I compared a 7I to an 8I with different shafts

agreed, I will say this, Ive hit far less thin shots with those than the R9's...maybe a swing change lol

but when you hit them well, you know it compared to the guessing game with my R9's

Id love to try a bunch of them with the KBS Tour's and see how they fair, I think in the past I compared a 7I to an 8I with different shafts

Do you think the leading edge is helping you with the thin shots?

Gorgeous looking irons. Would like to hit them if ever given the opportunity

Do you think the leading edge is helping you with the thin shots?

a combo of 2 things.

1. The leading edge.
2. Moving ball back further in my stance to help promote a "descending blow" where as when the ball was in the middle of my stance it was too easy to catch it in my sweeping motion

a combo of 2 things.

1. The leading edge.
2. Moving ball back further in my stance to help promote a "descending blow" where as when the ball was in the middle of my stance it was too easy to catch it in my sweeping motion

I'll say one thing.. I've seen you go real fat on practice swings and then do the lift on your standard swing. That could be the difference of a couple strokes with the J40's.

So do you think these irons would be good for someone who has a steep swing?

My swing is about as steep as they come, and they have been an incredible match for me.

I would agree with War Eagle as I also have a pretty steep swing with the irons and you have seen how they perform for me.

I'll say one thing.. I've seen you go real fat on practice swings and then do the lift on your standard swing. That could be the difference of a couple strokes with the J40's.

no disputing that.

I cant imagine how sweet these would be lengthened, 2* upright and with a tweek in my swing...

War had these on lock when I was watching him.. As long as they hit the same spot each time, I can't see a ton of issue with it.

I have hit a few of the J40's a few times and loved every shot. I will bet I have a pair in the bag at some point next year!

I have been working on making my swing steeper and when my swing is in the slot, these irons hit the ball very well. When it is not in the slot, I get a HUGE freekin draw. It is annoying when you constantly miss greens to the left.

Back