2013 Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Its that time of the year. Every 2 years Titleist launches their new Pro V1 and Pro V1x at the Las Vegas tour event going back to the year 2000. The new ball will be officially launched as their 2013 line and I am sure that there will start being reviews rather soon as Titleist sends out their test boxes.

Once again we are looking at the Pro V1 being a 3 piece ball and the Pro V1x being a 4 piece ball.

Became a user of these balls for the first time this year, will be interested to see how they fare for me when compared to the bridgestone b330 series I'm loving right now

I have been an avid pro V1x user since the 2008 line. For me I get the best distance off the tee and the right amount of spin on the greens. While I like other golf balls as well these I always come back to. So I am excited to see what the new line brings to the table.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Its that time of the year. Every 2 years Titleist launches their new Pro V1 and Pro V1x at the Las Vegas tour event going back to the year 2000. The new ball will be officially launched as their 2013 line and I am sure that there will start being reviews rather soon as Titleist sends out their test boxes.

Once again we are looking at the Pro V1 being a 3 piece ball and the Pro V1x being a 4 piece ball.

JB, any ideas on what they did in the newer versions of these balls apart from the standard "more spin around the green, more distance off of the tee" marketing?

I'm pretty intrigued to see how these turn out. I liked the last versions of these balls a bunch.

• Admin
JB, any ideas on what they did in the newer versions of these balls apart from the standard "more spin around the green, more distance off of the tee" marketing?

They are not releasing any info as of yet ary, to just about anybody. We got some standard information, which in a roundabout way says exactly what you just said. More should be coming soon as we get into November. I expect the marketing to be geared to most used on tour again.

I may have a 3 ball sleeve of these on my counter right now. I was going to play one tomorrow and see how they work. I really like the prov1x but I just can't justify the price.

I've heard great things about this new line on the golf channel. I'll be curious if any of them are an improvement over the previous years. Interesting they use a two year cycle.

What was this years Prov1? A two piece ball? In the past, I have played the Prov1x. But for some reason, this year I noticed myself playing the Prov1 more and more. Seemed like I got a lot more distance off of the tee and had more control around the greens. Hopefully they make them more durable than this years model(s). But in all reality, what more can you ask for out of these balls?

What was this years Prov1? A two piece ball?

3 piece.

These balls will really have to go some to get a chance from me. The price is unjustifiable compared with similar performing balls (for my game) and I can buy a ball which simply outperforms them (again, for my game), for about 2 thirds of the price.

I thought the current version was their best yet, they improved the durability which for me has always been the biggest complaint I had with the balls. I'm sure they'll sell a ba-jillion dozen of these new ones as well. It just blows my mind how many golf balls they sell. It seems that every 3rd ball I find is a new Pro V1 too....goes to show you something I think. I don't mind, I give them to my dad when I find them, he loves it.

This interests me since I am fixing to narrow my ball choice down between Titleist and Callaway

I have a 3 pack of "Test" balls that I received from Titleist. Gonna give 'em a whirl this weekend.

Can't wait to hear more. I'm actually switching from the prov1 to the prov1x so I'm excited

I have a 3 pack of "Test" balls that I received from Titleist. Gonna give 'em a whirl this weekend.

How did you get on the list?

I will try different balls here and there in practice but I always come back to the ProV1x. X-OUTS at Dick's for $29.95.
Latest ball I tried was the Rocketballz and really it wasn't half bad. Good distance(no, it isn't super long), surprisingly good feel, and decent spin on irons & chips.

3 piece.

These balls will really have to go some to get a chance from me. The price is unjustifiable compared with similar performing balls (for my game) and I can buy a ball which simply outperforms them (again, for my game), for about 2 thirds of the price.

Ya...I hear ya on the price. 4 dollars a ball is a lot of money. And half way through the round when they scuff it just kills me. But when you hit that shot right at the stick then spin it back 3 feet, the juice is worth the squeeze!

Another ball I've started to like is the NXT Tour S. The only reason I don't like it is it feel (to me) like a marshmallow around the greens. Which is weird because I get really good distance off the tee.

Could I sign up to test? How do you do it? That would make my year if I got the chance to test some irons or something. Heck, I'd be happy testing a glove. Lol

I am interested in the new ProV1X , as my best scores this year came from playing them , but the expense is not to my liking !

Interesting. I will be curious to see what they improved on with the new line. IMO this years line just doesnt hold a candle to B-Stone's offerings.

Could I sign up to test? How do you do it? That would make my year if I got the chance to test some irons or something. Heck, I'd be happy testing a glove. Lol

The testing of the balls are from being a Team Titleist member and getting chosen (it's free!) The testing on the forum is from being an active, contributing member. Stay active and eventually you might be chosen to test something!

Bummed they're releasing a new line as I just won 6 dozen ProV1s which I am looking to sell but I hope the new release dosen't affect the $$$ I can get.

I just randomly got a sleeve of "test" balls from Titleist.

I just randomly got a sleeve of "test" balls from Titleist.

hmm, wonder if I will get some too, I got the nxt and nxt-s when they passed those out earlier this year

plus im low on golf balls lol

Ill definitely be interested in your feedback. I tried a couple of the newest Prov1's and actually quite like them. Especially off the irons.

Back