KBS Unveils All New Fit System

Looks like a lot of us should be going lighter!

[h=3]Iron Shaft Recommendation[/h]

[h=6]KBS TOUR - R+[/h]
[MORE INFO][h=6]IRON SHAFT[/h]

tour-c.png

[h=3]Hybrid Shaft Recommendation[/h]

[h=6]KBS HYBRID - R[/h]
[MORE INFO][h=6]HYBRID SHAFT[/h]

hybrid-c.png

[h=3]Wedge Shaft Recommendation[/h]

[h=6]KBS HI-REV - R[/h]
[MORE INFO][h=6]WEDGE SHAFT[/h]

hybrid-c.png

Would not have guessed that I would have been fit for the Tour when I selected lightweight. I wonder if it's to help my quick tempo...neat. Also wonder why my hybrid and wedge flex are different.

I just tried this probably the best shaft fitting online tool I have used. Great job KBS thanks for sharing GG

It's a good tool, but KBS should use swing speed rather than 6 iron distance. Players now have decent access to sims and LM's, so getting a good handle on your 6 iron ss shouldn't be a a problem. On the other hand, 6 irons specs vary greatly. A Ping i20 6 iron is a completely different animal from a Cleveland Black 6 iron which is different yet from a TM RBZ 6 iron.

Just my 2 cents. Other than that it looks good.

Mike

It's a good tool, but KBS should use swing speed rather than 6 iron distance. Players now have decent access to sims and LM's, so getting a good handle on your 6 iron ss shouldn't be a a problem. On the other hand, 6 irons specs vary greatly. A Ping i20 6 iron is a completely different animal from a Cleveland Black 6 iron which is different yet from a TM RBZ 6 iron.

Just my 2 cents. Other than that it looks good.

Mike

Thats a good point and also elevation. However, I perfered the distance because I have no idea what my swing speed is and I know others on here may have to travel an hour or more to get on a monitor.

Tour S across the board, now if I drop back to my Nike's it goes up a notch due to the 4* difference in loft (didn't change the Nike's).

KBS Tour 90 - S (irons)
KBS Tour 90 - R (hybrids)
KBS Hi-Rev - R (wedges)

Those were the suggestions of the new tool. It is interesting that they no longer ask about swing speed but rather swing length, transition, and tempo.

That's the exact shafts it gave me too

I like the changes to the tool. I went through it earlier today when I first heard about it. Really like the addition of hybrid and wedge recommendations. Makes me want more to get a hold of some KBS shafts for my nickents and see how I get along with them. I think that would be a fun experiment and from what I've seen/heard think I'd probably like them.

I was recommended the C-Taper in S+. I think that's about right, as I had a set of Ping G15's in the S flex that I thought were a little too high launching for me but felt fantastic.

I was recommended the C-Taper in S+. I think that's about right, as I had a set of Ping G15's in the S flex that I thought were a little too high launching for me but felt fantastic.

And perhaps the G series of iron didn't help with the higher launch.

And perhaps the G series of iron didn't help with the higher launch.

You're probably right about that as well. I've switched to the i15's w/ s300's in them and still have the same issue a lot of the time. I know at least part of it is my own fault as my attack angle is extremely too steep.

Kbs tour xs irons
Tour s hybrid
tour xs wedges!

Makes me think am I playing a flex weak at the moment???

Different results than the last one I took with them, I like the new interface.
Screenshot2012-10-19at32219PM.png

I like everything about KBS. This is a great tool. Their shafts are amazing. I'm really liking the new sticks with the c-tapers.

KBS is telling me that I need a Tour S+ I don't know much about that. The KBS S seems like plenty of shaft. I think a module that allows for more data entry would be better.

Here is what the fitting produced for me. I'd like to see a few more catagories added like: Mid/high ball flight

KBS Fit System Results
i_safe.gif
Fit System Results
Thank you for using the KBS Fit System. Your personalized results and recommendations are below.
Results:
Distance:185-194 yards
Trajectory:Mid Ball Flight
Swing:45 past vertical
Tempo:Moderate Tempo
Hybrid Fit:Mid
Wedge Fit:Maximum Spin

Recommendations:
Iron Shaft
KBS Tour - XS

Hybrid Shaft
KBS Tour - S

Wedge Shaft
KBS Hi-Rev - X

it reccomended me to play regular shafts in all my gear. I know for a fact that's not right. Since it no longer asks for swing speed, and judges just based on distance and tempo questions, it doesnt factor in that some clubs just dont hit the ball as far as others.

it reccomended me to play regular shafts in all my gear. I know for a fact that's not right. Since it no longer asks for swing speed, and judges just based on distance and tempo questions, it doesnt factor in that some clubs just dont hit the ball as far as others.

This is actually a good point. It's not uncommon to be 10 yds longer or shorter with other 6i than your gamer.

What were your answers to the questions?

Did it recommend the KBS tour regular? What the KBS rep told me is that the KBS tours play one whole
Flex Stiffer than lets say the tour 90 or a
My old Stock regular flex shafts if that makes Sense. Don't get offended if it
Recommends something "softer" than you expect, believe me those Tour reg are pretty stout

Tapping & autocorrecting

"Life is short, Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
-Stanley Hudson

I think the old system had entries for both swing speed and back spin, which was something I liked. The problem is, the majority of people aren't going to have a clue about either of those things, which makes the online fitting sort of pointless for them. We are more educated than most golfers out there I believe.

I think I'll give the Tour 90 S that were recommended a whirl the next time I end up needing to choose shafts. The R Flex Tours I play can't be that much different and I do like a higher ball flight these days.

I've been spending a lot of time on the KBS site lately. Used the fitting page to choose my new shafts KBS Tour Regular flex. About to do the reshafting myself later this week. Great site and great system. Can't wait to get my new shafts from Golfsmith!

Different results than the last one I took with them, I like the new interface.
Screenshot2012-10-19at32219PM.png

Same here, different results - KBS Tour not the 90s. The new interface is pretty slick, although I always think judging tempo between moderate and slow is a difficult task as in my mind it is the transition at the top not body rotation and club placement. Definitely something to consider next time I'm at the range.

Back