2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind picking, but it wouldn't be something I could decide wihout some serious pondering
Of course not, it would be a tough decision, but at the end of the day, everyone has a preference of who they would want to rep.

And that's not a bad thing at all dude. Pick a brand that you know and love and want to take the ride with?

You make a great point. This does end up being a pretty darn intimate process.

Of course not, it would be a tough decision, but at the end of the day, everyone has a preference of who they would want to rep.

The captains got to make choices in some way or another and they all seem happy / excited. Of course I'd expect no less.
While I'm glad I don't have to make the decision I think that I could do it without loosing too much sleep. Because heck, they are all great companies.

I'm looking forward to the announcement this week.

You guys are going to get special treatment no matter what sponsor you rep. It's all gonna be like a dream come true :blob:. New 2013 equipment and stuff custom fitted for your game. Wow this is going to be so cool, special, and unforgettable :thumb:

I'm not sure how picking sponsors would go. I feel like it would be a sign-up sheet where it's first come first serve, so each brand gets an equal amount of people. I like that they pick the company for us. Adds a little excitement to the mix. That never seems to hurt anyone and it's always fun. Of course, as I go through the list, each company offers something that intrigues me, but that's the joy of this event.

Why not? Opportunity of a lifetime and someone gives you a choice of who you want to represent, kind of an exciting way to make a choice, no?

It would be a really tough choice, I guess we would have to do a lottery style draft to see who picked first....can't really see it going that way because I don't think they would want to treat the OEMs that way....wouldn't want one or the other to seem "less desired" I guess.

Not to mention it will force some people away from their comfort levels, and force them to branch out to something new and different which will be exciting for sure.

Not to mention it will force some people away from their comfort levels, and force them to branch out to something new and different which will be exciting for sure.

Yep. Like, People have already assumed that I will be put with Cobra/PUMA. I would love to be apart of them for sure. But it would be even better to get out of comfort zone with a more traditional company like Cleveland/Srixon and work with them. It would be so awesome.

Yeah, but I'm sure THP has a responsibility to make sure all the vendors who are putting their time, effort and money into this event get equal treatment. If one or two vendors got all the love, it wouldn't be worth it for those who were less popular and they likely wouldn't be back.

Assigning them equally is the only way to ensure all sponsors get the value promised in return for their participation.

Yeah, but I'm sure THP has a responsibility to make sure all the vendors who are putting their time, effort and money into this event get equal treatment. If one or two vendors got all the love, it wouldn't be worth it for those who were less popular and they likely wouldn't be back.

Assigning them equally is the only way to ensure all sponsors get the value promised in return for their participation.

I don't think war is indicating this is how its going to be

I think it would be more fun not to pick but get a random email or phone call and have it a complete surprise.

I think it would be more fun not to pick but get a random email or phone call and have it a complete surprise.

I agree, the excitement factor wouldn't be as high for me if I had a choice. I'm excited that they chose for us. Just adds to the whole experience!

Tapping from my Steve Jobs talking device

I am not sure of the exact way it is chosen, although I know for sure the participants don't pick and it's not based on your promo.

We don't have a choice, but its a nice surprise to have when we find out! It is not based off of the video promos otherwise almost everyone would be sponsored by Bridgestone this year lol

Smalls & INgolfer,

Will there be an actual contract to be signed? I asked somewhere else, but did not see a response/hear back.

Smalls & INgolfer,

Will there be an actual contract to be signed? I asked somewhere else, but did not see a response/hear back.

I believe there is one with thp

I'm happy regardless of if I get to choose my sponsor or not. Over the course of the last week I've allowed my self to daydream about my ideal setup and it seems to change almost daily. I can only imagine it would be even harder after all the new equipment is revealed. One thing I do know is that each company makes a product I would gladly game.

I think all the participants should make a signing video after they get the email from their sponsor, like the captains did. I know its chosen for you but I still think it would be a cool way to introduce it to the forum.

I think all the participants should make a signing video after they get the email from their sponsor, like the captains did. I know its chosen for you but I still think it would be a cool way to introduce it to the forum.

Man, I just want to know who!!!

Im looking forward to finding out sponsors as well.

I like that idea.

I thought about this same thing, just like the captains did

It would be kinda fun.
The only chance at a signing day I'm ever going to get!

Just think the 4 sponsors are out there clamoring over us right now! Might be trading picks for the MC 14 and 15 to get a certain one of us this year. (A guy can dream right!) :clapp:

I thought about this same thing, just like the captains did

I have absolutely no clue how I could chose a sponsor. All 4 bring so much to the table I would be lost trying to make a decision.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Warning...my first try at some real MC Colonel'ing.

Lessons are a great tool JConn, this past year was the first time I took lessons and the few that I had worked wonders for me. Any time I start to get a little off track I just go back for another lesson, my biggest fault before was always trying to fix things myself, and that only caused more problems to creep into my swing because I thought I knew what I was doing wrong and I was way off. I took a final lesson shortly before the Morgan Cup even though I was playing well just to see if he had any suggestions for how I was swinging.

I've never actually taken a lesson. I've gotten plenty of pointers, but never a real lesson. I'm pretty dang excited about it and he is excited about the journey I'm beginning on. Luckily over the past year or so he has become a buddy of mine and about 6 months ago officially became an Assistant Professional at the golf course I work at. I can't wait to get started.

If this is OT my bad, but how many guys are pondering bringing their ladies along? I saw quite a few vids with people whom I assume are significant others attending..

Did they have other activities to do during the day, or were they totally connected in the competition?

I'm trying to talk my fiancé into coming, as I think she would have a blast. Its good to hear that the women from last year had a great weekend and found some stuff to do outside of the golf course.

Dan,
Mine will be there with me.

Ha ha ha, this made me laugh.

My wife is coming. She will be doing some volunteering, but also wants to spend some time doing some spa-time, maybe some shopping, etc. I'm sure she'd enjoy hanging out with some of the other wives as well.

If another married couple wants to share a villa, I'm sure she'd prefer that over staying with 2 other guys (and your spouse probably would too).

If my fiancé does end up coming, I'm sure this is what she would prefer too.

I certainly want to help out more next year, it is actually a lot of fun even if your not golfing! Everyone is super nice and welcoming. I am sure the ladies will also make time to have a day for ourselves as well. There is terrific shopping, spas and the beach not too far! Watch out though we can be dangerous on the wallets, just ask Tyno :)

Uh oh, maybe I should stop trying to convince her to come. Lol. Just kidding, I would love her to be there but she's not sure if it will make sense financially at that time. Glad you gals had a great time!

It isn't a choice I would ever want to make. That's for sure. I do hope that the sponsorships are announced in a similar way though. That'd be exciting and fun!

Why not? Opportunity of a lifetime and someone gives you a choice of who you want to represent, kind of an exciting way to make a choice, no?

Originally I completely agreed with Thainer, as I think it would be a tough choice to make and I wouldn't want any of the sponsors to get short sided. But WE makes a great point. IF there was some way of making it work without the possibility of "favoritism" (for the lack of a better term) I think it would be pretty cool. I do like the excitement of it being random though, definitely adds some suspense.

I can't wait to find out our sponsors and teams

Me too buddy, I'm excited as all get out. I can't wait for that PM this week and its only Sunday!

I like this idea as well. That would be cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back