Putting - What Is Your Percentage?

5ft- 40%
10ft- 16.5%
15ft- <10%

???????????? what kind of question is this ????????????

I think percentages on here definitely reflect peoples subconscious opinions on their putting game (as you can see...mines not too great lol)

5ft 53%
10 ft 20%
15 ft 7%
Just guessing but I am random on the greens.

I can hit my putter 265 yards. Don't hate because I'm a long hitter.

This is tough because I practice a lot and see good numbers at these distances on the practice green, but on the course I don't make near the number of 10's and 15's.
My guess is: 60% of 5's, 35% of 10's, 20% 15's.

Ill do TBTs for him
5 ft- 100%
10 ft- 100%
15 ft- 100%

hehehehe.....I can only wish

I consider myself a very good putter, but I have never really kept track of that stat....something I should probably look into...looking at Golfshot I am averaging 1.7 putts per hole or just a hair over 30 putts a round. I will be completely guessing but here it goes

5 ft - 65%
10 ft -35%
15 ft -15%

Those are total guesses....I am going to look at keep track of that for a while and see what happens

Our greens are not the easiest around to make putts on.

Averages, I'm guessing here:

5 feet probably in the 40% range + or -
10 feet, maybe 15%
15 feet, 10% or less

Of course there are those days when everything goes in but that's rare.

5ft - 25%
10ft - 30%
15ft - 35%

The shorter the worse I am lol

i think we all might be overestimating a smidge lol

Curious question here that came up recently. During your rounds, what do you think your putting percentage is from certain distances? I was having this conversation the other day with someone that plays competitively and their thoughts were kind of surprising. What do you think your putting stats are from these distances during your rounds?

5 ft -
10 ft -
15 ft -

Let us know if this little informal survey.
Interesting replies in this thread, but I think people often forget about their misses.

Here's my best guess as to mine;

5ft; 50%
10ft: 20%
15: 10%

5 ft - 75%
10 ft - 25%
15 ft - 10%

i think we all might be overestimating a smidge lol

Not trying to be Debbie Downer and certainly not taking anyone to task, but just for some perspective:

85% from 5' would rank you about 30th on the PGA tour. 88% would get you in the top 10.
60% from 10' would rank you 2nd on the PGA tour.
27% from 15'-20' would rank you #1 on the PGA tour.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer and certainly not taking anyone to task, but just for some perspective:

85% from 5' would rank you about 30th on the PGA tour. 88% would get you in the top 10.
and while I totally agree with you about some of the numbers, the greens the pro's are playing on are much more difficult then the greens the average golfer plays on, and they are playing under tournament pressure.

Nice research there dude. It makes you really think about putting stats.

It proves that I am terrible at putting :(

5 ft: 75%
10 ft: 40%
15 ft: 10%

and while I totally agree with you about some of the numbers, the greens the pro's are playing on are much more difficult then the greens the average golfer plays on, and they are playing under tournament pressure.

Yes, but they're also better putters. Besides, their greens roll true most of the time which isn't something you can say for your average course.

I would say

5 ft - 50%
10 ft - 50%
15 ft - 15%

I know those sound weird but I guess I get a bit of the yips if its too close. 10 feet is a better range for me. Easier to read the break for me.

Man I hit nowhere near as many 5 footers as a lot of you
5- 50%
10- 10%
15- 1%

I don't think that's entirely true dude. Aside from speed, which they are used to.

TT on iPad

Agreed and exactly why I stated in my earlier post that I was basing my percentages from the greens at my home course which are small and flat. If I played tougher greens with more undulation and break, without doubt the percentages would be quite a bit lower.

I'm just going to guesstimate a little. Maybe I'll start actually keeping some better stats on this to get some actual numbers.

5' - 75%
10' - 30%
15' - 20%

John Deere Tap'n

Back