2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there isn't a single captain that I wouldn't want to play for!

That is the truth right there.....getting to know all three of these guys last year, I can tell you that I would have no problems playing for any of the them, they are all awesome people.....Dean was a great captain and He and I even teamed up last year in the only match I won...LOL.

Jake is just Jake...how can you not love the guy.....JakeNation!!! Even though he called me Triple "Hogie" Tim must of the time...LOL....but seriously he and I spent several hours just talking in the MB airport waiting to go home and it was great.

Ryan is an awesome dude, I got to hang out with him and get to know him after hours and of course while he was being an amazing camera man during the event.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them!

I don't know what you can do about the nerves TBH. They are going to be there. I think the biggest thing is to just embrace the moment and the atmosphere you are in. The less you do that the more self imposed pressure you feel which will probably up the nerves and just spell disaster.

One thing I would recommend is that I think it's good to get to MB earlier in the week, even if it's just a day. Hang around the guys, get as comfortable as you can be in that environment. Know that there are going to be 31 other guys who will be going through similar emotions as you.

I would agree with this.....my nerves went away quite a bit during the Wednesday night BBQ at mine and WCBM's vee-ya....everybody was drinking and having fun and it was a great way to meet everybody....then the practice round on Thursday helped even more...playing with SW, Bullfrog and Yorkem helped because they were all great guys...even if we had to wake Danny up to get him to the course....hehehe

Remember, its golf...and it's not your livelyhood (thank god) so nobody goes hungry when you have a bad hole, have fun and enjoy it....sure we all want to win....it sucked watching Team Hackers celebrate with the Champagne last year and knowing that if I had won my singles matches it would have been Team Paradise....but I had to realize that it wasn't just me.....there were others on my team as well....win as a team and lose as a team....but most of all have a blast and get to know a bunch of awesome people!

And they mean everyone from volunteers to family who come down to watch the event. For this weekend you are a huge family and teams don't matter everyone wants to see everyone play great golf and have an amazing time.

Yes, Everybody....its one big family...I got to talk and get to know Ary's parents and they were great people and I met all of INgolfers' family but got to know his wife and brother mostly...and of course Tyno's and Howzat's wifes were the stars of the Bridgeslap videos....all the volunteers were great...I spent alot of time talking to Jim(Sharkwrestler) and Marc (Troutbum)....they are great guys.....It's amazing how quickly people bond over an event like this!

the one thing I'm still wondering about is wedges.

Me too....I hit the Trusty Rusty and didn't have a whole lot of luck with it.....just didnt fit my eye I guess.

Regarding the wedges, I expect to see an update to the Trusty Rusty or a brand new wedge offering. I just don't see Cobra doing all of this work with their entire lineup and leaving the wedges as is.

The Morgan Cup will give me the things I'm expecting, making new friends and meeting very cool THP'ers, challenge me as a golfer and as a human being, tons of equipment to test and play with, get to meet some characters from the forum I've wanted to meet since day 1, giving me an opportunity to play some excellent courses so far away from home that I can't have anything but good memories! Morgan Cup will give an opportunity to part of THP history, and it will give me chance to share a very rare occasion with good men and women. Plus, I intend to play some personal best scores during the week over at Myrtle Beach.

I try to think of it like this.....it's not life or death. My kids are healthy, my wife is healthy and I'm not going to die. There are a lot of things to get nervous about, hitting a golf shot shouldn't be one of them. Does it always work? Oh hell no. But I try to put it into perspective best I can and just realize I'm not going to die, I'm just going to hit a golf shot.

This is my attitude to most things in my life.

Exactly. I had what we were kind of calling Morgan Cup hangover last year. For the first few weeks after the MC, I was kind of depressed about not being able to play golf with my new friends who live all over the world. Golf was just different. Then we started texting and talking and reliving the time we spent together again and it just made me realize how much more I wanted to be involved with THP in every way possible moving forward to see everyone and to hang out. I just wish I lived closer to everyone! Can't complain too much though as Castor and Kelly live across the freaking ocean haha.

I might need to Skype some people after the MC.

Last edited:
The other teaser thread has me day dreaming about what SeeMore is bringing to the Morgan Cup for the Cobra staffers.

I absolutely love the fact that SeeMore is already very active and supportive of the forum, and they are apparently not wasting any time in taking action on an event that is still 9 months away - INCREDIBLE!

The other teaser thread has me day dreaming about what SeeMore is bringing to the Morgan Cup for the Cobra staffers.

I absolutely love the fact that SeeMore is already very active and supportive of the forum, and they are apparently not wasting any time in taking action on an event that is still 9 months away - INCREDIBLE!

i couldn't agree more when i realized that 2 sponsors needed putter i was really hoping SeeMore would step up to the plate they always go above and beyond for THPers so i knew they would be a perfect fit for the Morgan Cup! really excited to see what everyone is rolling in July!

SeeMore has been phenomenal in their support of this community, that's for sure.

I can't wait to see what lines SeeMore opens up for the 2013 MC, should be some nice flat sticks in those MCers bags!!!

THIS!! With the new X series and of course we can always dream about the <cue harp music> Private Reserve.....OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!

THIS!! With the new X series and of course we can always dream about the <cue harp music> Private Reserve.....OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!

Not only that dude, but the whole fitting process. Every thing about SeeMore is seriously sweet.

The Morgan Cup will give me the things I'm expecting, making new friends and meeting very cool THP'ers, challenge me as a golfer and as a human being, tons of equipment to test and play with, get to meet some characters from the forum I've wanted to meet since day 1, giving me an opportunity to play some excellent courses so far away from home that I can't have anything but good memories! Morgan Cup will give an opportunity to part of THP history, and it will give me chance to share a very rare occasion with good men and women. Plus, I intend to play some personal best scores during the week over at Myrtle Beach.

This is my attitude to most things in my life.

I might need to Skype someone people after the MC.

This is a solid idea bro!

Is be willing to soups too, we can discuss Cleveland mc promo videos

This is strictly rumor, but the word on the street is that people might find out who their captains area relatively soon. Hmmmm.

this has me excited! and i'm ok with waiting till next week. gotta spread out the exciting news we have 9 months!

So I have a question for all the new MCers, what is the biggest thing you are hoping to take away from this years MC? The experience of it all? The new friendships made and old ones renewed? Or are you gonna take it all in and digest it when the event has concluded?

I dunno what i am going to take away from the event. I really want to keep an open mind and just enjoy the experience more than anything else. i am sure becoming friends with everyone will be a big part of that and i do know a few people going from meeting them at other THP events. I know i'm still excited about everything and really looking forward to finding out my sponsor and my team.

Dang it...skype
Heading up to visit some family and spread Morgan cup cheer

This is a solid idea bro!

I think that's an amazing idea, especially for teams/sponsors to discuss all things MC, it would be really cool if they could be open to everyone as well, not just MCers.

Regarding the wedges, I expect to see an update to the Trusty Rusty or a brand new wedge offering. I just don't see Cobra doing all of this work with their entire lineup and leaving the wedges as is.

I agree completely, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a new one along the lines of the Amp blades type.

We've already seen a few items from the new line that Cleveland is bringing us, the GI 588s and the Rotex wedge are again showing us that Cleveland is going to rock their gear from top to bottom for golfers with varying abilities.

Oh yeah, I wonder if the Rotex will come into play in a set of irons???

Got the classic out for a test spin, when I was done all I could think about is what could be on the horizon to make it even better

Oh yeah, I wonder if the Rotex will come into play in a set of irons???
I like that idea, Icey. I like that a lot actually.
Got the classic out for a test spin, when I was done all I could think about is what could be on the horizon to make it even better
Look at you getting your Cleveland on!

I really hope so. Like dean, wedges were my one major wonder when it came to Cobra pondering. I haven't hit the Trusty Rusty wedges but they lack some aesthetics for sure.

I have a feeling all the new 2013 Cleveland Stuff is going to blow our minds bring it on. I can't wait to see what they do with the Classic Driver line! Maybe take a Black and Classic and marry them together!!!

a Blassic!

From what I have seen of the 2013 line, it's going to be nice and playable. Driver will still be a low launcher but paired with the proper shaft should be a flame thrower

From what I have seen of the 2013 line, it's going to be nice and playable. Driver will still be a low launcher but paired with the proper shaft should be a flame thrower

I love a driver that's on fire.

This is freaking great to read. I love the low launching flame thrower combo myself haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back