THP Preview - Nike VR_S Covert Irons

Seems backward engineering. Most irons have weight behind center for well struck shots.

It looks like they are geared for toe and heel shots and would punish you on we'll struck shots.

Most golf clubs are perimeter weighted

An interesting cavity for sure.

I do not like the look of these at all, and I'm pretty sure that covert word on the bottom would drive me crazy.

Hopefully this an example of an early sneak peek picture sent to garner feedback. These are kinda lacking in the visual department which is odd for a Nike iron to me.

Can't say that I am a fan but I will hold off judgement until I see some in hand pictures.

I will await these in person. As of now, they are disapointing. There is really nothing about these that screams must hit. I cannot find anything. Judgement reserved till hit, if so inclined...

These will be solid performers. That I know. I think these would be good for my dad.

TT on iPad

How do you know that? They could just as easily suck out loud?

Not sure about those. I'll reserve final judgement for in person looks and actually hitting them but at this point I'm not too interested.

Hmmm a 700.00 set of clubs using a 15.00 shaft? Or is it the tour shaft?

Any info on if there will be a "tour" version of these, (something with a smaller sole and/or forged face)? Maybe hard to do with the intended large cavity? I know THP isn't big on categorizing irons, but is Nike marketing these as Game-Improvement, Super-Game-Improvement, Players-Iron, etc...?

Hmmm a 700.00 set of clubs using a 15.00 shaft? Or is it the tour shaft?

The DG is the stock shaft in many high end clubs. Including the Cleveland 588's, TM TP irons, the Mizuno MP line, among others.

Whoa... Those are weird looking irons.

My thought's are that a much better picture would have been in order from Nike. This looks cheesy IMO.

Nike is obviously targeting a specific audience with the Covert line, some pretty wild looking designs.

I saw the same picture last week and was disappointed, I was really hoping for more from them this year.

Nike is obviously targeting a specific audience with the Covert line, some pretty wild looking designs.[/QUOTE

I agree,I think they tend to go a little more crazy with their GI and SGI designs and then a little more traditional with their players irons. I don't think that's necessarily a bad idea though, I remember when I first got into golf I cared more about how cool the club looked than hoe it performed compared to clubs that were more traditional looking

I like and want.

Wow. That is a rough club to be providing preview pix. Must have been rushed to public in response to the RocketBladez roll out.

Good to see that every iron comes with a built in bottle opener.

I will say that my the last few gens of VR Cavity back irons as well as last year's VR-S irons look better than these.

man...these look ready to attack, but there's a lot going on in the back there. almost like a hybo iron.
initial impression isn't as great as the covert driver.

Still undecided on these. Like the looks at adress but wow the sole and back cavity are a bit much.

I don't know if this is the final product or not, but for Nike's sake, I hope it isn't. These things are just way too busy for me.

Back