Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting how people said a big 12 offense would never work in the sec. Wonder if manziel is changing people's opinions

I agree and think Bama's the best in the country. However, if K State, ND, and Oregon stay undefeated it will be hard to leave 2 of 3 of them out of the NC.

LSU ost it last week way more than Bama won it. They should have two losses. ND will stay undefeated. Oregon will stay undefeated. KSU is a tossup with their QB situation.

GO IRISH!!!

I find it interesting how people said a big 12 offense would never work in the sec. Wonder if manziel is changing people's opinions

No. Cam and Timmy Tebow ran pretty much the same offense in recent years.

I would lol if ND lost to BC. It won't happen though because BC sucks.

Auburn ran the spread for a few years with Gus Malzahn, it worked quite well.

LSU ost it last week way more than Bama won it. They should have two losses. ND will stay undefeated. Oregon will stay undefeated. KSU is a tossup with their QB situation.

GO IRISH!!!

ND will lose to Souther Cal, Oregan will also to the same when they play them again. KSU is a tossup though.

Just my $ .02

ND will lose to Souther Cal, Oregan will also to the same when they play them again. KSU is a tossup though.

Just my $ .02

You think USC is going to beat two of the three remaining undefeateds in the final two weeks of the season? Please.

You think USC is going to beat two of the three remaining undefeateds in the final two weeks of the season? Please.

It's what fans do, believe in their teams. It is quite allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's what fans do, believe in their teams. It is quite allowed.

Only sometimes. Lol.

Only sometimes. Lol.

Nah, it's the whole fanatic thing. I'm more of a pessimist about my teams though. HA!

Nah, it's the whole fanatic thing. I'm more of a pessimist about my teams though. HA!

Yeah I am too sometimes. But being a fanatic is fun too sometimes.

Pitt State Defeats Missouri Southern 26-14 in Sonic Miner's Bowl

JOPLIN, Mo. -- John Brown broke loose for a 27-yard run on a key third-down play and three plays later Pitt State punched in the game-clinching score in a 26-14 victory over Missouri Southern in the Sonic Miner's Bowl Saturday (Nov. 10). The Gorillas end the season 7-3 overall and 7-3 in the MIAA, while the Lions wrap up the year at 6-5 overall and 6-4 in MIAA action.

Pitt State led 20-14 facing 3rd-and-5 at the MSSU 30 when Brown took the direct snap from center and scooted upfield for the key first down to the MSSU 3. Jason Spradling scored three plays later on a one-yard run with 2:33 to play in the game.

Brown finished the game with 152 all-purpose yards. He rushed the ball five times for 66 yards, including an eight-yard run in the first quarter. Brown also caught three passes for 72 yards, passing Ronnie West for the all-time Pitt State receptions record. He ends the season with 124 receptions for 2,189 yards.

The Gorillas took a 10-7 lead at halftime, but the Lions quickly drove the ball down the field in four plays to open the third quarter and grab a 14-10 edge. Pitt State wasted little time to land its own counter-punch, driving 90 yards in six plays. Luke Rampy broke loose on a 44-yard run to give the Gorillas a 17-14 lead with 10:21 to play in the third period. Connor Frazell, who booted a 28-yard field goal with 11 seconds to play in the first half, added a 22-yard field goal for a 20-14 edge with 2:01 remaining in the third period.

The Gorillas totaled 371 offensive yards, including 299 rushing yards in the contest. The Lions rushed for 216 yards and compiled 253 total yards.

Ne'Ronte Threatt rushed 11 times for a game-high 144 yards and two touchdowns for Southern. Briceton Wilson had 14 carries for 80 yards for Pitt State.

Nate Dreiling made a team-leading nine tackles and forced a fumble for Pitt State, while Joe Uzzel added eight stops and a fumble recovery.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/news/2012/11/10/FB_1110122210.aspx

Kind of sucks that Alabama lost. I was really looking forward to seeing Oregon vs. Alabama and if that happened WessCook and I had a avatar control bet on that game.

Just my $ .02

ND will lose to USC, Kstate will lose. Oregon in the national title game

He is a redshirt freshman. Very impressive player.

I'd be ecstatic if I was A&M knowing I'm going to have him for a little while.

So uh, Gene Chizik. I heard he was getting fired today on my sports radio channel here in Atlanta.

So uh, Gene Chizik. I heard he was getting fired today on my sports radio channel here in Atlanta.

Doubtful, as his buyout drops from 7million to 5 million on Dec 1.

Had an interesting email exchange with someone yesterday about Jarvis Jones and how ready he is for the NFL. Apparently according to most, he is the most ready player in this draft (should he come out) and is the #1 rated player on more than half the scouting boards right now. The irony here is that the other UGA LB (inside) is getting a ton of buzz as well and one person was quoted as saying "with these two guys, something must be wrong, because their defense is not very good". Jones possesses that unique combination of natural gifts and the mind to make plays. His game against UF was "as special as a OLB can be on the field" and he very well could be an immediate impact on Sundays.

He has all of the tools to make an impact and while this season has been a little lackluster in terms of week in and week out, should he come out, there are teams salivating for him. He is best suited for a 3-4 defense where he can use his skills as a pass rusher. This was one of the reasons he transferred from Kiffin's Cover 2, 4 down system to UGA. He has a non-stop motor that wills him around the field and never takes plays off.

He has two areas that must improve. First, his pass coverage. There are teams that in the 3-4 drop 2 of the LBs into coverage and he shows a small weakness making the quick adjustment, especially in zone coverage. Second, if the OL gets a hold of him, he can struggle to break free and get to the QB or running back. He has great agility and footwork, but has to get better at slapping the OL hands away. Something that can definitely be taught and coached.

Should be an interesting finish to the season to see if he comes out and where his stock rises and falls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back