Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Wess or Tadashi....does the distance loss have anything to do with the lower launch angle? I think for the most part most have said they are seeing lower launches.

Another thought is we talk about the shafts being stout. With the tips having less torque and maybe less kick, could that be causing the loss?

The Classic with B Asha launches quite a bit higher. I believe my distance loss is due to too much back spin. I also think the tip may be to soft.

My launch with the VRS is high just like my Devo so that's not it. My feeling with the 5x is it requires a good load and some speed beyond my usual 104. I have yet to stand on it for gear of losing blance but I have pushed to the edge and seen some nice distance. My driver is also an inch shorter than my Devo

That could be a big one right there, the shorter shaft. Personally, I know the whippier the shaft is, the longer I can hit it but my consistency is all over the board.

B. Asha 4x On-Course Testing

B. Asha 4x On-Course Testing

I played 27 holes on Tuesday and used the B. Asha 4x for all 21 of my drives. I used the Top Flite Gamer V2 and hit 15/21 of the fairways in my round. I kept the loft up on my R9 and saw some good results once I got warmed up and into my groove. It was a cold, windy day outside, and with no warmup I was very cold going into the round.

I put some good swings on the B. Asha, though overall I would classify it as a below average day driving the golf ball. I didn’t see a single drive that I would consider “long” all day, which is unusual for me since I got the B. Asha. Every one of my drives was at or below what I’d consider my average position on a given hole. I’m not sure what it was but I just wasn’t swinging well at all and couldn’t get the ball out there like usual. I was seeing my usual ball flight with the new loft, a mid-high flight and I was rocking the power fade for some reason I couldn’t figure out and I’m guessing that’s part of the reason I didn’t see very good distance.

The accuracy with my B. Asha was still spot-on, as you could see from my 15/21 fairways. Despite rocking my power fade, it was significantly reduced from what I used to see on bad days with my previous gamer. I was still able to hit a good number of fairways despite not swinging well, and that helped me score well (79 for the third time in my last 4 eighteen hole rounds). I’m really starting to find my groove with the B. Asha as I’ve now played 171 holes with the B. Asha. The accuracy is something I’ve really come to love about this combo and it has helped my score very well since I received this shaft.

I will be getting out this Saturday at the THP Invitational in Atlanta with the B. Asha, and I plan to let anybody who would like to hit it on the range. I’ll be back with more feedback after that and hopefully other people will be able to share their thoughts as well. As always, feel free to ask any questions and voice any concerns and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Nice write up Damaikis! Do you attribute the loss of distance to the "fade" swing you had or something else with your swing, the new loft, the weather, or ??? Regardless, 15/21 is awesome!

Nice write up Damaikis! Do you attribute the loss of distance to the "fade" swing you had or something else with your swing, the new loft, the weather, or ??? Regardless, 15/21 is awesome!

I honestly think it was a combination of all of them except the new loft. I was just off, but I'm glad I was seeing the accuracy I did. In my previous rounds with the upped loft, I had seen increased distance, so I'll think about that more in my next few rounds. I haven't seen the fade much since getting the B. Asha, so yesterday was different for me. I hope to get it turned around next time out.

The B. Asha was MONEY for me today. Hit 13/14 fairways (missed the first one of the day) en route to shooting my personal best. I'll have a more in-depth write up later when I get home, probably tomorrow or Monday.

The B. Asha was MONEY for me today. Hit 13/14 fairways (missed the first one of the day) en route to shooting my personal best. I'll have a more in-depth write up later when I get home, probably tomorrow or Monday.

Congrats on the PB Damaikis! Nice win today.

Nice review's guys. Damaikis your are shooting lights out lately nice job with the PB.
Too bad about the lose of distance for some.

Awesome Dam. Seems like you're really playing some great golf right now. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow on the course. About to go over to check if all the snow is melted and if it's open.

B. Asha wins on tour this week.

I thought that shaft looked familar. Any idea which version he was swinging?

He switched last week from the 4 to the 5.

Very interesting. Did he see better numbers with the 5 versus the 4?

Very interesting. Did he see better numbers with the 5 versus the 4?

If he made the switch, the way he was hitting the ball prior, it was because of numbers.

If he made the switch, the way he was hitting the ball prior, it was because of numbers.

Gotcha, thanks!

Another positive day in the books with this shaft. I can't stress enough how much my flight zone has been reigned in. It's hard to quantify with hard data from a LM but if I see 5yards of movement with a good swing I know that I either need to release better, work behind the ball or hold on a fraction longer.

5 yards isn't much and keeps me in play. When all off it works as one there is no movement on the ball as it soars through the air. I took several aggressive lines that required dead straight shots and the shaft was a big part of that. Not only from a technology perspective but a confidence factor. The more I hit the B Asha the more I like it.

If FW metal shafts are produced then I will be looking to put one in play

There's just B. Asha love going around everywhere from the pro's to us hackers.

B. Asha 5X

I can say my 5X is working flawlessly now. I was absolutely killing it straight and long. I had one errant tee shot at the invitational. Ball flight was the best I've seen with a driver piercing through headwinds.

UPDATE:
Well I'll be jumping on a launch monitor again in the next day or two as I met a guy today that has a awesome man cave with a GC 2 launch monitor and projection screen that invited me to come over anytime. I have been at the range the last two days and I decided to make a little setup change with my driver where I now keep my head behind the ball and boy did that help. I am hitting the ball higher then I was before which is fine, but now I'm getting a piercing trajectory that is rolling out. I'm playing tomorrow and am very interested to see my carry numbers!!!

RANGE:
So at the range yesterday I decided to make a setup change as mentioned above and I continued working on that today. What it has done is increase my carry distance and it looked like it increased roll out as well because I am no longer hitting down on the ball and creating backspin with my woods.

Any who, the range session today was awesome. I seemed to really get in a rhythm and hit straight ball after straight ball, draw after draw, and cut after cut. It was very cool to be able to do that and I'm really hoping that tomorrow when I play I will have good results. The last time I played this course I hit all but two fairways and my ball striking was terrible and it was with my 6m3 shaft. This time I'm hoping for 14 of 14, I really think it is possible especially if I hit the ball like I did today at the range.

Back