Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Tell me about it Jman! Freddie I hope you are right. You were absolutely bombing this shaft!

I am pretty sure you will have the same problem in a few days.

I am still in love with the Adam's F-11 with the voodoo shaft just like black magic.

Well, I was all geared up for an incredible weekend of golf this past Friday. Got to the course, started warming up on the range, and started to get some great flight on the B.Asha/Classic combo. Moving on course, it was more of the same, but a couple holes in, I noticed a very strange feel to the driver, especially when I hit the ball out on the toe. Upon closer inspection, there was a noticeable gap between the clubhead and the ferrule. I took it back to see if they could resolve the issue, and was disappointed to find out I'd have to wait a day, and as such, miss out on my saturday round with it.

Well, I got a call Saturday afternoon noting that there was a sizable crack in the tip section of my B.Asha, and they would have to take a full inch off to remove the crack. It will make for a much, much different feel from everything I've read, but I am game to try it and see how it goes.

In any case, I apologize for the lack of updates everyone, but sadly, it has been sidelined due to injury. I am hoping to provide a new update with my 'new feel' B.Asha by the end of this coming weekend.

So launch angles will definitely be affected I'm guessing. Does this make it closer to Jrods set up?

So launch angles will definitely be affected I'm guessing. Does this make it closer to Jrods set up?

I suspect that's the case. What I'm hoping to avoid is distance loss, and a large drop in launch.

Would you guys care to explain "tipping" to those that aren't in the know? Is tipping cutting the shaft or extending the shaft?

Would you guys care to explain "tipping" to those that aren't in the know? Is tipping cutting the shaft or extending the shaft?
Cutting the shaft down, in this case.

Is it cut at the bottom (smaller end) or the top (thicker end)?
"Tipping" refers to cutting off a short amount of shaft from the tip, the thinnest part of the shaft. Taking it off that end will make the shaft slightly stiffer than it was.

Most of the time, tipping that will change the characteristics of the shaft will occur at the bottom end, or the tip of the shaft. When it comes to shortening driver shafts (or other shafts for that matter), most of the time it will get cut from the top end, or the butt of the shaft. The shaft characteristics don't change as much when you cut it at the butt.

Check out the THP Radio show Nate on this shaft. I believe Tim discusses it in the latest one.

Tipping a shaft means taking the length off the tip that goes in the head. Typically making the shaft player stiffer than intended.

Most of the time, tipping that will change the characteristics of the shaft will occur at the bottom end, or the tip of the shaft. When it comes to shortening driver shafts (or other shafts for that matter), most of the time it will get cut from the top end, or the butt of the shaft. The shaft characteristics don't change as much when you cut it at the butt.

Ok, so when I asked them to make the shaft the standard length of the stock Amp's (45.5) they would cut it down from the top. Got ya. I always thought that cutting the shaft at the bottom would change the characteristics of the shaft, i.e. the torque or kick of the shaft?

Check out the THP Radio show Nate on this shaft. I believe Tim discusses it in the latest one.
Ok, thanks.

Correct nate. For example on a miyazaki, trimming 1.5" will raise each flex point by 1 point.

Correct nate. For example on a miyazaki, trimming 1.5" will raise each flex point by 1 point.

You are exactly right SW. This is quoted from Tim Gillis himself, "Tipping the shaft 1.5 inches will change each number by 1 full digit or 1/2 a flex."

Just confirmed that the tips are installed. Will be picking this bad boy up tomorrow.

Just received a NEW little something something from Miyazaki. More to come.....hehe ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352944757.558359.jpg

There will be a new thread on that one guys. Lets keep this about ONLY the B. Asha.

I suspect that's the case. What I'm hoping to avoid is distance loss, and a large drop in launch.

Man I hope that is not the case, the relationship you've forged with that set up is AMAZING. Did you speak with Miyazaki about this little set back? If so, what kind of feedback did you receive? Any idea what caused this to happen?

When will these be availible for sale to the public?

Back