Mobile Warming Gear Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP tested the Mobile Warming Gear jacket in quite a few conditions. One of the best products I have reviewed in quite some time.

http://bit.ly/SXu0am

One thing that I’ve found wearing this sort of gear on me motorbike is that I stay more alert by keeping my core at a warmer temp. I can see that this sort of garment could help keep ones mind on track for the task at hand. Hypothermia is no joke out in the elements.

Good review Josh. I was wondering about the arms. Is the material different in the arms or is it consistent through out the coat? How long does a charge last?

• Admin
Good review Josh. I was wondering about the arms. Is the material different in the arms or is it consistent through out the coat? How long does a charge last?

Freddie,
The material is the same throughout the entire coat.
I found during testing that the battery chart listed in the review in the tech section is pretty accurate.

Great review JB! This definitely is intriguing since I play year round and I absolutely despise wearing "layers" as I just feel restricted so I end up wearing a compression shirt under a golf shirt and hoping to stay warm enough. The fact that you can wear this in sub 40* weather with just a golf shirt is very promising. Sounds like the battery in the front left pocket accessible via a second zipper is quite easy to use. I am pretty frugal and hate dropping this much money but if this lasts for years then it is definitely worth it. Thanks for letting us know about this product!

Great review JB! This definitely is intriguing since I play year round and I absolutely despise wearing "layers" as I just feel restricted so I end up wearing a compression shirt under a golf shirt and hoping to stay warm enough. The fact that you can wear this in sub 40* weather with just a golf shirt is very promising. Sounds like the battery in the front left pocket accessible via a second zipper is quite easy to use. I am pretty frugal and hate dropping this much money but if this lasts for years then it is definitely worth it. Thanks for letting us know about this product!

Me too Cookie. I hate dropping major coinage on outerwear. That is why I don't have raingear. But this jacket looks awesome. I freaking hate the cold!

Sounds great but more than I'm willing to pay. USGA conforming? Are there actually rules against clothes?

Josh how low can you go in terms of power and still be warm? I notice that 50% lasts 5 hours. That is probably close to a typical round on a weekend.

• Admin
Josh how low can you go in terms of power and still be warm? I notice that 50% lasts 5 hours. That is probably close to a typical round on a weekend.

In our testing, I started at 100% for the 1st 4 holes or so. It started to get a tad warmer and my body heated up, so I dropped it to 50%. I played the full round with no issues and even had enough juice to use it around the town the next day.

I play at least 50% of my golf in cooler temperatures, so something like this could really come in handy. I like the idea that it can extend a season for people that really hate the cold.

That is good. Nothing worse than not bundling up and that jacket loses juice. You would be frozen. Man the ponder is strong in this one

That is good. Nothing worse than not bundling up and that jacket loses juice. You would be frozen. Man the ponder is strong in this one

CL,
That happened to me on one occasion during testing, but it is not the jacket's fault but the reviewer. I went out to play golf and at tee time it was 46*. I had my jacket on and was feeling good and then realized I forgot to take the battery off the charger. I ended up cold as heck for the first 7 holes.

This is a very interesting product. Something I may look into in the future. It seems like it works well, which is fantastic. I think this jacket would be best for someone who lives in a place that they can golf all year, but still have a rather harsh winter. Good review, JB.

Just one concern- I find that when wearing my golf jacket, that things in my pocket annoy me and almost get in my way when I'm swinging if that makes any sense. Did you find this at all with the battery in the pocket in this jacket? I figure having a separate pouch within the pocket for it would help, but still worth asking.

Just one concern- I find that when wearing my golf jacket, that things in my pocket annoy me and almost get in my way when I'm swinging if that makes any sense. Did you find this at all with the battery in the pocket in this jacket? I figure having a separate pouch within the pocket for it would help, but still worth asking.

This is a great question. Truthfully that is where the design pays off. The pocket with in a pocket does a great job of holding the battery in place. You will know its there, there is no hiding the weight of the battery, but because the battery does not move, I adapted rather quickly.

This is a great question. Truthfully that is where the design pays off. The pocket with in a pocket does a great job of holding the battery in place. You will know its there, there is no hiding the weight of the battery, but because the battery does not move, I adapted rather quickly.

That is awesome to hear, thanks. I'm glad you're loving this jacket so far. I can see it being really useful.

That is awesome to hear, thanks. I'm glad you're loving this jacket so far. I can see it being really useful.

You can try it on in Myrtle Beach in December if you like and see what I mean.

I need one of these. It would easily add almost a month of extra golf to my season. 40 degrees out but the courses are still open? Hell yes I would be out on the course with this bad boy on.

JB thanks looks like an interesting product. In Delaware we have "Frozen Fridays" - every Friday through March and this might come in handy for some of those events.

I need one of these. It would easily add almost a month of extra golf to my season. 40 degrees out but the courses are still open? Hell yes I would be out on the course with this bad boy on.

I could say the exact same thing around here. We even have a driving range with covered bays that can be used in the middle of the winter, but I've never gone there in January or February because it's so cold and I figured I'd have to put on tons of layers. However, this jacket has me intrigued.

I could say the exact same thing around here. We even have a driving range with covered bays that can be used in the middle of the winter, but I've never gone there in January or February because it's so cold and I figured I'd have to put on tons of layers. However, this jacket has me intrigued.

I'm with you guys on both of those statements. I had a lot of days late last year and early this year where I was either on the course or on a range in the 30°'s. It wasn't enough to keep me inside, but it wasn't pleasant.

Great review, this is almost a must for us up North if we want to get into December playing golf,and with it being comfortable and not being "bulky" is just an added bonus!

I can't believe you only had a polo on underneath. With the cold weather here to stay in the midwest through the winter, I want one bad!!! That day on the holiday cheer list was just highlighted for me!!! I wonder where I could find one to try on and check sizing before I purchase???

Living in the upper Midwest a jacket like this would come in so handy it's not even funny. I love how the battery pack seemed to be non intrusive as that was one of the things I'd be first concerned with. Thanks for the review.

Oh and was that you in that very first pic? Looking pretty sculpted!

Back