Miyazaki JDL Shaft Review Thread

Really interested to hear more about this shaft !

Really like the dark blue/black shaft color which makes the graphics pop out on the shaft. Graphics look to be some sort of car/parts theme which is really different. This is going to look so great mixed in with the 2013 Classic.

I was going to touch a little more on the graphics now that I looked closely. Being that I'm a gear head by trade I LOVE the graphics on this shaft. Pistons and Cogs are what make my heart pump and this shaft has all of that.

Nate, what do you think of the almost reflectiveness or even 3D'ish graphics? It looks different to me.

That shaft looks outstanding.

I was going to touch a little more on the graphics now that I looked closely. Being that I'm a gear head by trade I LOVE the graphics on this shaft. Pistons and Cogs are what make my heart pump and this shaft has all of that.

Nate, what do you think of the almost reflectiveness or even 3D'ish graphics? It looks different to me.
They do tend to stand out a bit which I kind of hinted at after the photos. It's just really eye catching when you first bring it out and the more you look at it the more it seems to glow! But I'm with you on this, they look like they are floating on top of the shaft. Right?

Is this an evolution of the C. Kua with some Dromos tech?

They do tend to stand out a bit which I kind of hinted at after the photos. It's just really eye catching when you first bring it out and the more you look at it the more it seems to glow! But I'm with you on this, they look like they are floating on top of the shaft. Right?

FLOATING!!! That's exactly how to describe the graphics. I've never seen anything like it.

That is a great looking shaft!

FLOATING!!! That's exactly how to describe the graphics. I've never seen anything like it.
And it's not crazy, over the top, graphics on it. They just mix and blend really well with the color of the shaft. Crazy isn't it. Can't wait to get it in the Amp and see what happens.

I can't wait to get this bad boy in-hand.

This is going to be good to follow. Seeing this and the start date on last year's classic I have to think another preview is coming.

I find it remarkable that Miyazaki can produce a similar shaft in a weight range of almost 40g. That just blows my mind, especially considering a number of varying weights but same flex share the same IFC.

My expectations with the JDL are going to be a Dromos rebuild with slightly different flight characteristics. I imagine a 7765 flex will be headed my way, and if so, am quite excited to see the variable between the B.Asha which is 7785. Very close in profile. I'm also excited to see visual comparisons between the 3.8 torque and the JDL 4.1

I find it remarkable that Miyazaki can produce a similar shaft in a weight range of almost 40g. That just blows my mind, especially considering a number of varying weights but same flex share the same IFC.

My expectations with the JDL are going to be a Dromos rebuild with slightly different flight characteristics. I imagine a 7765 flex will be headed my way, and if so, am quite excited to see the variable between the B.Asha which is 7785. Very close in profile. I'm also excited to see visual comparisons between the 3.8 torque and the JDL 4.1
I as well!

Here was a PDF file that was sent to us by Miyazaki that had this picture of the JDL shaft on the top. Love their art and published material:

JDL.jpg

This is awesome. I am very excited to hear more about this shaft and how it compares to the B. Asha

I can't wait to get this bad boy in-hand.

Hopefully you'll have it before the MB invitational. Would be cool to see in person.

By the way, is everyone putting the JDL with a driver, or is someone going to cut it for a FW?

Hopefully you'll have it before the MB invitational. Would be cool to see in person.

By the way, is everyone putting the JDL with a driver, or is someone going to cut it for a FW?

I actually just picked it up from the post office this afternoon. I will have it all ready for the Invitational.

Very nice addition to the testing crew. Nate, really looking forward to your side by side with the B

LtEvO TaPpEd In

Very nice addition to the testing crew. Nate, really looking forward to your side by side with the B

LtEvO TaPpEd In

Adapter has been ordered...hope to get it in next week but with the holidays who knows. Will not disappoint my friend!

I'll be ordering the adapter (OptiFit) this evening with hopes of getting it sometime next week. I'm very excited for this one, however with the holidays, I'm just going to have to drool over it for the time being.

I will try to get a few unique photos up soon. The shaft design is excellent.

I got the JDL 6x in the other day and took some pictures of it today. It is a great looking shaft, almost the exact opposite of the B. Asha. It's a nice shiny black with gold and silver graphics. I really like the looks of it and can't wait to start playing with it. Without further ado, here it is:

DB578BF3-1FE8-4336-8BB7-90A3BAF68A89-15235-000004F18D333BD8.jpg

5404751D-446C-4961-87D1-B2788A06A10F-15235-000004F187BEA654.jpg

526674E4-2340-4109-8B71-554DEA4F3D73-15235-000004F18F7E4850.jpg

C1378C28-B4FC-4F1A-B7D2-E891D24B0B51-15235-000004F1934DC600.jpg

The Miyazaki graphic wraps around the shaft, which is different, but very cool IMO. For those that like their shafts logo down, there's really no space on this shaft that is blank, so you'll never really be looking down at a flat color without graphics. I don't mind it though.

With the flex code being 7765, it is slightly more stout throughout the shaft than my B. Asha 4x at 7854. It says the flight is supposed to be mid, so slightly lower than the B. Asha (mid-high). I think the B. Asha is right on my limit of being able to load the shaft and I hit that with a mid flight, so I'm not sure how this shaft will work for me, but I will hold out judgement until I try it, obviously. It's raw weight is 64 grams, which is 11 grams heavier than my B. Asha and just about the same as my old gamer (Aldila NV 65S).

I'm going out tomorrow to get the tip put on and have it cut down and gripped, but I won't be able to put it in play until after I get back from Thanksgiving break. I think next Tuesday will probably be the first time I'm able to put this one in play and I can't wait until that happens. I really look forward to giving this one a go and comparing it to my B. Asha.

Big thanks to Miyazaki and THP for allowing me to test this shaft out!

Last edited:
Looks good D I like the flex code. The graphics look great in gold against the black. Is it a scorpion with gears?

Looks good D I like the flex code. The graphics look great in gold against the black. Is it a scorpion with gears?

Not sure it's necessarily a scorpion, but something of the sort yes. Hard to tell exactly what it is.

I as well!

Here was a PDF file that was sent to us by Miyazaki that had this picture of the JDL shaft on the top. Love their art and published material:

JDL.jpg
Says it's made for adjustable drivers... I hope this is a hint at the 2013 Classic. I thought when the B. Asha came out, in the radio show, they said it was to be a stock shaft in the 2013 Classic... two new drivers for Cleveland this year? I hope so.

Says it's made for adjustable drivers... I hope this is a hint at the 2013 Classic. I thought when the B. Asha came out, in the radio show, they said it was to be a stock shaft in the 2013 Classic... two new drivers for Cleveland this year? I hope so.

The new Classic will be adjustable. The Black line is also due for an update.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

The R11s tips have arrived and will be shafting the JDL 6s up tomorrow as well as the B. Asha and 6m3. So stoked to do a big shootout like this. A local guy that I have made friends with recently has a crazy man cave with a Foresight GC2 launch monitor and all the add-ons and ability to play courses is going to let me get some good hard evidence this weekend. So I should have a big write-up coming next week in both threads.

Back