2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the ones I know I get to pick from!

I'll be happy to admit that I was a bit nervous about one company up until recently, when I saw one of their new iron offerings. Now they are intriguing me even further!

This truly will be a wonderful experience for me. Aside from my one long standing homerism, I personally stand to gain a ton of knowledge from all these sponsors.

I'll be happy to admit that I was a bit nervous about one company up until recently, when I saw one of their new iron offerings. Now they are intriguing me even further!

This truly will be a wonderful experience for me. Aside from my one long standing homerism, I personally stand to gain a ton of knowledge from all these sponsors.
It's going to be so much fun to see the Sponsor announcements from a Captains Point of View. Having talked with all of you guys on Team Albatross, and having had the opportunity to play golf with a handful of my team mates, I can get a sense of what kind of equipment they are looking to bag for this Ultimate Amateur Golf Event. It's going to be fun to see some people staffed by a brand that is completely new to them, build a dream bag of incredible equipment, and then take it all out on the course and go to work with it!

Sounds like we are in for a few surprises and hopefully some sponsorship announcements starting Monday night!!!

Tapatalking on my iPad

Seems you only thought you know what you get to pick from..LOL

No, I have no expectations other than the Bridgestone gear. I have not put any thoughts into who they will team with

Have to think that each teams will have 2 staffers from each OEM, right?

Sent from Tapatalk

I dont think it was broken down that evenly last year. Was it?

It couldn't be with 3 teams of 8 and just 3 sponsors. It was 3/3/2 on one team, 3/2/3 on another and 2/3/3 on the third.

Have to think that each teams will have 2 staffers from each OEM, right?

Sent from Tapatalk

that is the line of thinking I had as well Ary

It's going to be so much fun to see the Sponsor announcements from a Captains Point of View. Having talked with all of you guys on Team Albatross, and having had the opportunity to play golf with a handful of my team mates, I can get a sense of what kind of equipment they are looking to bag for this Ultimate Amateur Golf Event. It's going to be fun to see some people staffed by a brand that is completely new to them, build a dream bag of incredible equipment, and then take it all out on the course and go to work with it!

I am really anxious to find out. At one point or another I have hoped to be on each one of the 4 teams, so no matter what I will be stoked.

I am really anxious to find out. At one point or another I have hoped to be on each one of the 4 teams, so no matter what I will be stoked.

I think because of the 4 great sponsors involved in this event, a few of us have felt like this over the last couple of weeks.

I think because of the 4 great sponsors involved in this event, a few of us have felt like this over the last couple of weeks.
I think pretty much everyone has pretty much been anxiously waiting to hear who they will rep. Some more then others but I think it's safe to say we are all pretty pumped

There could not be a more win win situation than to get a bag full of gear from any of these companies. I would be honored to play this event with any bag of equipment, so current technology from great manufacturers just makes it all the more special.

Lefties dude. Not all the companies have lefty gear. Plus I would imagine apparel comes into play as well

Well, I am not privy to anything....but first off....Bridgestone does not make Left Handed clubs....so that eliminates all lefties from them, and then I would assume that they wouldn't want those of us that particpated last year to end up with the same sponsor 2 years in a row, so there is that issue.....so when you put all those on paper as your necessities, then you can start to fill in elsewhere.

Again, I am not privy, I am just making assumptions and you know what happens when you do that.

Thanks Chunky & TBT. I did not realize the Lefty issue. I guess clothing sizes could be a hiccup too. Fitted hats are a challenge for my noggin!

Hehe.
I bet you don't. :bomb::angel:

Hmmm. I wonder...

So I tried to hold out on making favorites for my sponsorship as long as possible, but not being able to post lately has left me thinking a ton about THP, and the scales have tipped.

Yeah. The sponsors are ranked in my head now. Can't wait to hear which I end up with!

Yup...same here, also the part not being able to post that much, but thinking about THP & MC everyday. Sponsors ranked in my head too. The best part is, it's just a feeling, and all of the three available for me has something that the others don't, so it's a win win anyway.

It is inevitable, but hopefully does not lead to "heartache" if one gets selected to a different company.

No heartache...but the inevitable the grass is greener moment :D Kidding...I suppose there's a lot of pondering and wishes, but once the sponsors are announced I at least stop thinking about what if's.

I'm excited for whatever sponsor I get. I've been hitting them all at Golfsmith.

I've just given a glance or two at the stores...I won't hit anything until the third date...I mean when it's announced. The sponsors I mean. But no...I want to wait until I know...other wise there could be some heartaches :D

All the talk of equipment has me a little nervous. Dunno why, may have something to do with the endless thoughts of clubs going around in my head

All the talk of equipment has me a little nervous. Dunno why, may have something to do with the endless thoughts of clubs going around in my head

Why he nervous. Be excited. Your sponsor will get you set up right, I'm sure!

Why he nervous. Be excited. Your sponsor will get you set up right, I'm sure!

I'm full sure of being set up right. It's kind of a nervous excitement the bag possibilities are somewhat endless right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back