The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey War, we realize that we have incompetent people working for us, do you mind fixing their mistakes and cleaning up their messes again?

Sure...I would love to.

Sounds like a great chance to fire people and hire me!

Sounds like a great chance to fire people and hire me!
Unfortunately, these are people who do the same thing I do, except in other regions of the state.

Unfortunately, these are people who do the same thing I do, except in other regions of the state.

Oh so they surf THP all day and go to Best Buy at lunch too?

I've been nickle and dimed to death the last two weeks, just went to start the truck and click click click. I want to scream some days!

I've been nickle and dimed to death the last two weeks, just went to start the truck and click click click. I want to scream some days!

Dang Due that sucks man! It seems like when shat hits the fan it spreads all over the place. Hopefully this will be the end for you buddy!

MOTHER EFFING AutoCad... Try to stay late at work to get SH*T done and now I lost a good 2-hours of FREAKING work.

Dang Due that sucks man! It seems like when shat hits the fan it spreads all over the place. Hopefully this will be the end for you buddy!

Thanks buddy, everything always has to hit at Christmas time.

Just had my laptop case zipper get stuck in my back belt loop. I can't figure out how it was even possible to do that.

Political correctness...!

I have a Jesus Loves You pin on my hospital badge that an old patient I really liked and that died gave me.

This 19 or 20 year old brat asks me to take it off while I'm seeing him because his religion doesn't believe in Jesus and that he finds it offensive. I politely tell him that my religion does believe in Jesus and that I respect his beliefs so he could kindly respect mine.

He files a complaint against me and I get talked to by the department chief. I told the chief he could do what he feels needs to be done but there is no way I'm taking the pin off. Thankfully nothing more came of it, but really??? What has America come to that Christianity seems to be the only religion that doesn't get to recognize its own beliefs without consequence.

u2yharun.jpg

Not even a big pin!!!

Its not just religion, its everything these days. What happened to the days when people were just offended? Its okay to not like everything. When you feel its necessary to tell someone else and make it their problem is where I have a problem. If you dont like my pin, tough crap. If your pin is the biggest problem for that little snot nose kid then he really needs a life.

I have a Jesus Loves You pin on my hospital badge that an old patient I really liked and that died gave me.

This 19 or 20 year old brat asks me to take it off while I'm seeing him because his religion doesn't believe in Jesus and that he finds it offensive. I politely tell him that my religion does believe in Jesus and that I respect his beliefs so he could kindly respect mine.

He files a complaint against me and I get talked to by the department chief. I told the chief he could do what he feels needs to be done but there is no way I'm taking the pin off. Thankfully nothing more came of it, but really??? What has America come to that Christianity seems to be the only belief that doesn't get to recognize its own beliefs without consequence.

I wouldn't say that other religions get a free pass in this country (see Mosques that have been set ablaze in some parts of the US), but you are right, the kid was being ridiculous over something so small.

Tell me there isnt a difference where it is okay to make fun of Christianity in the media and in movies but try that with another religion and it is chaos. A picture of Mohammed and there were riots and people dying.

He files a complaint against me and I get talked to by the department chief. I told the chief he could do what he feels needs to be done but there is no way I'm taking the pin off. Thankfully nothing more came of it, but really??? What has America come to that Christianity seems to be the only religion that doesn't get to recognize its own beliefs without consequence.

It takes a man to stand up for his beliefs. Kudos to ya Colt!

Its not just religion, its everything these days. What happened to the days when people were just offended? Its okay to not like everything. When you feel its necessary to tell someone else and make it their problem is where I have a problem. If you dont like my pin, tough crap. If your pin is the biggest problem for that little snot nose kid then he really needs a life.

Ditto Dev :thumb:

I see and hear things every day that are offensive but I just shrug it off and continue to live my life. Nowhere does it say you have to like everything and everyone.

I agree JN. But that is an extremist bunch of idiots that do stuff like that. I'm just talking common, day to day. If I were to tell someone to get the Koran out of my office I'd be done.

Sorry. Now that I think about it, further discussion would probably best suit the debate room.

Sorry. Now that I think about it, further discussion would probably best suit the debate room.

Nah man, its not really about religion or politics, its about the fact that people in this country feel that their opinion and feelings need to always be heard and cared for and its just not the case. Its entitlement at its finest and it's one of the few things that I hate about this country.

Yup people are now hyper-sensitive and bubble wrapped and very entitled. They will talk about freedom of speech until they are blue in the face until you disagree.

I just tried to do a little looking into about a club company and one link lead back to THP and some guy created an account to get on his soap box and was crying foul on said company and placed links all over the place and lead to other links in the end I just wasted about an hour of my time and learned nothing except I'm glad he doesn't post anymore and JB has kept the idea of transparency and honesty intack.

Trade you Cookie, I just gave the "hygiene speech" to my 4th hour for the 5th time this year. Its freaking miserable up in here every day.

I hate that. Keep in mind I get to/ have to touch my students!

Hey War, we realize that we have incompetent people working for us, do you mind fixing their mistakes and cleaning up their messes again?

Sure...I would love to.

Favorite employment saying: CHANGE your people. Or change your PEOPLE

Bummer. Hang in & hang on!

Good to stand up for yourself. Is it a religious hospital? I.e. St. Mary's?

Android by choice.

Just catching up here Colt. Sorry you had to go through all that. It just reminds me that we're told that it will always be that way. Take heart that you're in a long line of fine folks that have been tested.

Playing by the rules sucks when the rules were meant for stupid people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back