2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am going to rely on the opinions of the masses and from what I hear I am guessing the DPCs will be the option I go with, again going under the assumption there will not be new choices available.

I feel the same way. I do reserve the right to change my mind if I hit the CBs sometime in the future.

Me too Amol, I've been working on doing a few things with my swing this month and beginning to see some positive changes, so I reserve the right to change my mind as well! :alien: Haha

I loved the dpc when I tried them. They definitely have a small profile but pack a lot of forgiveness. As of now I'm going CB but if anything happens and my ball striking takes a turn for the worse I would not hesitate to go DPC

i am going to rely on the opinions of the masses and from what I hear I am guessing the DPCs will be the option I go with, again going under the assumption there will not be new choices available.
I would think the DPC's would be perfect for you Gordon. Then with the right shaft. They are awesome. Ask me I know! :laughing:

Just planning...is anyone driving from Miami, Chicago or NY to Myrtle? I can basically fly all the way to Myrtle, but A: I like road tripping, B: Of course it's 2 less plain tickets :). Any boats going from NY to Myrtle (that would be a fun way to travel!)

Just wondering...did people cook their own food during the cup, or were there certain groups cooking together or did everybody just eat out every day?

How does the ball sponsorship work? Is a certain amount of balls at the event, and I should take some spare balls after putting every second shot OB / water? :D Is there any balls before the event? Is or not, I'm getting a dozen of RX & RXS both as soon as I go to near a golf store. Need to juggle some balls!

I love the gray & orange, but it would be awesome if we all got surprised with something amazing in 2013, colors but something unexpected.

Here's a tip.. Buy a rangefinger or a GPS that shows varying distances..

I've got that covered, with my stealthy and butch Bushnell Tour V2!

img5055c.jpg

Just planning...is anyone driving from Miami, Chicago or NY to Myrtle? I can basically fly all the way to Myrtle, but A: I like road tripping, B: Of course it's 2 less plain tickets :). Any boats going from NY to Myrtle (that would be a fun way to travel!)

Just wondering...did people cook their own food during the cup, or were there certain groups cooking together or did everybody just eat out every day?
Tell you what buddy, fly to South Dakota and we'll road trip down together. That is a HELL of a jaunt though, I don't know.

Our room did not cook anything, we got some snack type items and a little bit of other things but it our kitchen was full of energy drinks, gatorade and beer.

I will probably drive from Orlando so we could raid trip it together. Each villa has its own kitchen so you can cook if you want or need to.

Tell you what buddy, fly to South Dakota and we'll road trip down together. That is a HELL of a jaunt though, I don't know.

Our room did not cook anything, we got some snack type items and a little bit of other things but it our kitchen was full of energy drinks, gatorade and beer.

Thanks...could take a few hours :D Unfortunately I don't think I can get a flight to South Dakota without making a few stops, and that could get expensive, but never say never!

I will probably drive from Orlando so we could raid trip it together. Each villa has its own kitchen so you can cook if you want or need to.

Sounds good, I'll be checking out flights during the following months, and I'll take the one with the best rate. It's most likely NY, Miami / Orlando or Chicago. The only direct flights are NY & Chicago, but Miami is usually for a good price also. So, if it's Miami / Orlando, a road trip would definitely be super with you Freddie! We'll get back to this when we know more!

I was pondering going via NYC. Let me look into airfares next week and I will let you know.

Thanks...could take a few hours :D Unfortunately I don't think I can get a flight to South Dakota without making a few stops, and that could get expensive, but never say never!

Sounds good, I'll be checking out flights during the following months, and I'll take the one with the best rate. It's most likely NY, Miami / Orlando or Chicago. The only direct flights are NY & Chicago, but Miami is usually for a good price also. So, if it's Miami / Orlando, a road trip would definitely be super with you Freddie! We'll get back to this when we know more!

Just shoot me a PM so we don't clog up the thread with banter. But I'm more than happy to road trip it with you

Great to see the OEM's melding and supporting the Morgan Cup without limitations!

Castor, last year i think Bstone provided golfers with 6 dozen balls shortly before the event.

If there is one thing I can advise you guys on, both sets are very easy to hit. Yes the DPCs are more forgiving in the heel and toe area but in the sweet spot, it's heaven. If you have a chance to hit both, DO SO!

Castor, last year i think Bstone provided golfers with 6 dozen balls shortly before the event.

That's a lot of balls! Thanks for the info. We'll see what they do this year!

If there is one thing I can advise you guys on, both sets are very easy to hit. Yes the DPCs are more forgiving in the heel and toe area but in the sweet spot, it's heaven. If you have a chance to hit both, DO SO!

Getting a chance to hit them both is something I hope to do Freddie, but I don't see it happening unfortunately. Thus relying on others for guidance.

I do wish I could try them both before choosing.

You all playing True blue really are in for a treat. It's an excellent course

I love watching all the coverage from the Invitational at True Blue, I can't wait to play that course in person!

I'm still trying to decide white or yellow!!! What a great decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back