The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man! My first few years as pre-med made it really hard with 18 credits and all the hardest freshman courses.

I wasn't taking the courses you are! I don't think there is a chance I could have done it once, taking the classes you have been taking!

My son applied for Early Decision at Georgia Tech, Michigan, and MIT. All three released decisions today. Accepted at Georgia Tech and Michigan. Deferred to regular decision by MIT. We'll know about MIT in mid March now.

My son applied for Early Decision at Georgia Tech, Michigan, and MIT. All three released decisions today. Accepted at Georgia Tech and Michigan. Deferred to regular decision by MIT. We'll know about MIT in mid March now.

Congrats on a bright kid. I don't know his proffered field but it's hard to go wrong with GT.

That's impressive. Make sure to visit GT, I thought I wanted to go there until I visited.

Simple things. I ate the best ribs I've ever had yesterday, and I still keep thinking about them :D

That's impressive. Make sure to visit GT, I thought I wanted to go there until I visited.

We know the school well. Been on campus many times.

Congrats on a bright kid. I don't know his proffered field but it's hard to go wrong with GT.

He wants aerospace engineering.

Good to hear. What's he thinking right now? Waiting to hear from MIT?

Yes. MIT his first choice. He is going to apply regular action to Stanford, which is his 2nd choice. Michigan 3rd. GT his 4th. We live about 30 minutes from the GT campus. I think he would prefer to go further away.

My three man team shot 65 today to finish in third place for our Christmas scramble. There were 19 three man teams so we did great! No mulligans, no string, etc. It was a fun day and the cool thing is the team we were playing with bet us $20.00 per player they could beat us coming in. We took their $20.00 bucks too :blob:. Fun day of golf and made some great friends in the process. The thing that made me smile the biggest was no hacker shots all day for me! Fun day to say the least as we made our entry fee three times over.

Congrats OG, successful day on the course!!

My three man team shot 65 today to finish in third place for our Christmas scramble. There were 19 three man teams so we did great! No mulligans, no string, etc. It was a fun day and the cool thing is the team we were playing with bet us $20.00 per player they could beat us coming in. We took their $20.00 bucks too :blob:. Fun day of golf and made some great friends in the process. The thing that made me smile the biggest was no hacker shots all day for me! Fun day to say the least as we made our entry fee three times over.

Awesome, OG.....kickin A and taking dollars!

Yes. MIT his first choice. He is going to apply regular action to Stanford, which is his 2nd choice. Michigan 3rd. GT his 4th. We live about 30 minutes from the GT campus. I think he would prefer to go further away.

It is an incredible statement for the young man's academic aptitude that Michigan and GT are his "back-up" plans. Congrats to him and to you for raising such a bright son.

It is an incredible statement for the young man's academic aptitude that Michigan and GT are his "back-up" plans. Congrats to him and to you for raising such a bright son.

Thanks. We are blessed. Wife and I went to small liberal arts schools. Son was gifted at math from early age. I can't stand math. Don't know where he got it from.

Very cool. I have a friend that goes to Michigan and loves it there. Let us know how it goes.

Back from a weekend down in Austin to see family. After 2 days of sleeping on the floor I'm very psyched to be sleeping in my bed tonight. And I get to play golf tomorrow with the Cookie Monster!

Have a great week everyone!

I have a 3 day work week, then I am off for 2 weeks!!

I have a 3 day work week, then I am off for 2 weeks!!

Very nice!

Looking forward to teeing it up with Nate today here in north Texas.

Very nice!

Looking forward to teeing it up with Nate today here in north Texas.

"Nookie" on the golf course together for MC prep.

2-3 feet snow outside, and I get to go hit some balls today! Inside, but with a pro! Makes my week a whole lot better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back